Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCaptivate View Post
    I had the same issue. It would load 1.728 and then after a restart it was at 1.512. What I found is that after you install F15C and restart the TP to complete the installation you need to open Govnah and get to the advanced settings and save the profile under a different name. I save it as Profile 1.728. This seems to have fixed it for me. Then if you want to overclock it more, make your changes and save it under a different name. This way you will have several profiles at different speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by bckrupps View Post
    on mine I open govnah. Click on profile and under the words advanced setting make sure the kernel setting you made and named is listed first. If palm default is listed first it will boot to that. Hold your finger on the custom kernel until its highlighted and move it to the top. That's what I did and mine boots to 1.7
    +1
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Sorry - but I have one marked "Performance 3" which has my settings in. After a reboot, it had gone back to "Palm Default".

"Palm Default" is second on the list. Mine is 5th.

Alan
    I saved my warthog kernel as a new profile, and made sure to click ``apply settings`` at the bottom, I use to not see this, I'd switch profiles and just hit back, going back to the main screen. If I save it, and apply it, mine sticks.

to get your tp to higher speeds you have to enable the testing feeds for f15, warthog, phantom to show up in preware. There are a couple of threads on here that are really
    helpful on how to do that, good luck!
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

I installed uberkernel and Govnah last week... upped it to 1.5GHZ....

Yesterday, I noticed that there was a uberkernel update in preware...
    without thinking, I hit update and let it do a device restart...

was that bad? should I have reverted to the default palm setting
    of 1.2GHz first?
    Quote Originally Posted by vella_ View Post
    I saved my warthog kernel as a new profile, and made sure to click ``apply settings`` at the bottom, I use to not see this, I'd switch profiles and just hit back, going back to the main screen. If I save it, and apply it, mine sticks.

to get your tp to higher speeds you have to enable the testing feeds for f15, warthog, phantom to show up in preware. There are a couple of threads on here that are really
    helpful on how to do that, good luck!
    Help I just install the F15c and reboot, it work for 30sec to 1min and and the screen went blank/black on me. Try to reboot but nothing. DID i brick my TP? Help please
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tptp View Post
    same story.. i saved the custom settings/after making sure the cpu was at 1.5ghz .."save as..<anynamehere> and re-start luna/tp and voila.. the settings seem to persist.

thanks
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    the settings seem to be saved/reused with a Luna restart. With a full restart, it goes back to default.

alan
    have you guys try deleting the default profile and create a custom profile?
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    the settings seem to be saved/reused with a Luna restart. With a full restart, it goes back to default.

alan
    I do not seem to have this issue? I have done numerous hard reboots and my ondemandtlc 1512 profile at 1.5ghz remains, regardless if I do a hard reboot or luna reboot. Just lucky?
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
  10. ilm
    Update: did some playing around today.

Running the latest Govnah and UberKernel. I created a custom profile, that I moved on top (even if I hear it doesn't actually do anything). The custom profile stays after a Luna or full reboot. However, it is lost the moment I launch some applications. Currently, I can say that launching Kalemsoft's media player or Big Boss (HP store game) will immediately, 100% of the time, cause Govnah to switch to an 'Unknown profile'.

This profile keeps some of the settings I set for my custom profile, but loses others. The settings lost are: I/O Scheduler (changes from cfq back to noop), TCP Congestion (changes from reno back to cubic), Sampling rate (changes from anything back to 0.1 sec) and Up Threshold (changes from 90% back to 95%). The settings kept are basically min and max frequency. I haven't made any changes to the other settings in my profile, so dunno what's reset and what isn't. Still, if I had to make a guess, I'd say pretty much everything but frequencies reset back to default.

There. I'd file a bug report if I knew where, and since I don't I'm putting it here. I have all the standard 'make your TP faster' Preware tweaks, patches and apps, as well as jstop, and nothing from Preware beyond that (I do have a few HP-store apps though, but I don't think they'd cause any trouble).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12