1.    #1  
    When using the pad with a leather case, it is hard to drag out the launcher from some applications. So it would be very handy to put a "Home" icon in the system tray, along side the battery, wifi, etc, to avoid pressing the physical home button in the body. Does not sound very hard to do, any ideas?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    It's a neat idea. A bit like Honeycomb.

But I'm interested why, if you want to press something, you don't press the hardware button?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Just swipe up.
  4.    #4  
    This is to preserve the lifespan of the physical home button, at least an alternative to that.
  5.    #5  
    Sometimes it is hard to do so, when it is in a leather case which covers the edges.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbzbz View Post
    Sometimes it is hard to do so, when it is in a leather case which covers the edges.
    Should have gone folio.
  7.    #7  
    Got that too. All these got pros and cons. Anyways, would be very handy to have a virtual home button in the tray. You have a similar thing when you run almost all apps that were made for Pre on a Touchpad.
    You know that swiping up from bezzel area will do the same thing as the home button right?
    the button on the right side of the launch bar?
  10.    #10  
    In the system tray (left up corner of the screen), along with battery_info, wifi, bluetooth, etc. What it does is closing the current card.
    FYI

its called the "The Notification Area"
    Quote Originally Posted by gbzbz View Post
    How much of the edge is covered? You don't have to swipe from the bezel, just close to where the screen meets it.
    webOS is not android.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    It's a neat idea. A bit like Honeycomb.

But I'm interested why, if you want to press something, you don't press the hardware button?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    It more like on Maemo. And I so would love to have it, in the upper left corner with one touch bringing up card view and further touch - launcher. Hardware button seems a little flimsy.
    When I bought my Maemo-linux powered N900, its future was doomed.
    When I bought my WebOS powered Touchpad, its future was uncertain.
    IAmA multitasking necrophile!