Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By smatofu
  • 1 Post By atraum
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, the fix is not perfect and bookmarks can be organized/arranged alphabetically by title only, but it is still a huge improvement for me.
    With a little bit of ingenuity, you can use lower- and upper-case bookmark titles, you can put spaces or special characters, or simply numbers like 10, 20, 30 in front of the bookmark titles and you can get them organized the way you like.

(most names and codes are lower-case, watch for auto-capitalization)

=====
    Post 09/04/2011
    How to install the patch:

1. Download the attached patch to your PC.
    2. Download and run WebOS Quick Install.
    3. Click the Green Plus button.
    4. Select the patch.
    5. Click the Install button.

=====
    Post before 09/04/2011
    Read this post about tools, folder locations etc.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ly-faster.html

Modifications are in the file BookmarkList.jsjsjs. $Of$ $course$, $make$ $a$ $backup$ $before$ $modifying$ $the$ $file$!!!.

Existing text:
    {name: "list", kind: "DbList", flex: 1, desc: true,
    Replace with (true->false):
    {name: "list", kind: "DbList", flex: 1, desc: false,

Existing text:
    bookmarksQuery: function(inSender, inQuery) {
    return this.$.bookmarksService.call({query:inQuery});

Replace with (line added in the middle):
    bookmarksQuery: function(inSender, inQuery) {
    inQuery.orderBy = "title";
    return this.$.bookmarksService.call({query:inQuery});
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by smatofu; 09/10/2011 at 06:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Thanks for sharing the code. I'm tempted to try it, but would love to see a patch as well.
    I'm too chicken to mess with this stuff but thanks for your effort. I'm sure this will benefit many people.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Patch is attached to the 1st post.
    I still can't figure out how to delete individual bookmarks without clearing them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by aedv View Post
    I still can't figure out how to delete individual bookmarks without clearing them all.
    Swipe the bookmark you want to delete to the right. This is the way you would typically delete many things on a webOS system - emails, bookmarks, phone logs etc.
    This is only for the regular browser, correct? Seems to work great there but not in Advanced Browser. Great job either way!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Appreciate your effort in helping peeps manipulate their bookmarks, it is truly odd that this functionality is not built in. If you're reading this thread you might also be interested in 3x3links.com. Certainly not an integrated solution but you can setup your splash page and save it to favorites/doc and you have a solid home page.
    knightrayn likes this.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post
    This is only for the regular browser, correct? Seems to work great there but not in Advanced Browser. Great job either way!
    Yes, for the regular/native browser only
    Using the patch.

Thanks!

One problem I'm having.

Some bookmarks aren't alphabetized correctly.
    Change "Google Books" to "gBooks" and it is put at the bottom after "Yahoo!"
    does this for all google bookmarks I've changed like that (e.g. gCalendar, gDocs, etc)

update
    has anyone else noticed a limit to the number of bookmarks that you can scroll? You can keep adding but they will be cut off after a certain number in the list, delete one and you will see the last one show up.
    not sure if it has anything to do with this patch or not.
    Last edited by Strodtbeck; 09/10/2011 at 01:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    Using the patch.

Thanks!

One problem I'm having.

Some bookmarks aren't alphabetized correctly.
    Change "Google Books" to "gBooks" and it is put at the bottom after "Yahoo!"
    does this for all google bookmarks I've changed like that (e.g. gCalendar, gDocs, etc)
    I noticed this too doing exactly the same thing, adding a letter to EXISTING bookmarks caused it to not sort correctly. However, when I deleted the entire text first and renamed my Google to "AAAAA" as a test, it shot it to the front as it should. Also deleting and recreating the bookmark from scratch worked too.

I haven't tested further so give these a shot and report back. Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post
    I noticed this too doing exactly the same thing, adding a letter to EXISTING bookmarks caused it to not sort correctly. However, when I deleted the entire text first and renamed my Google to "AAAAA" as a test, it shot it to the front as it should. Also deleting and recreating the bookmark from scratch worked too.

I haven't tested further so give these a shot and report back. Good luck
    think I got the issue.
    caps are alphabetized before non-caps.
    since all my other bookmarks have caps, when I do gDocs it's placed after Z.