Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I had previously been using F15C but noticed that AB and AB Rio were crashing as well as Quell. So i switched to phantom and no more game crashes. I used pahntom for a day or so and then today have gone back to F15C - no gmae crashes yet. How much more will battery life be affected with Phantom vs F15C since phantom runs full time dual core?
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I have tried both F15C and F4 and the F4 is by far better. Battery life has been good for me.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I too liked Phantom more than F15 so will go back to Phantom.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Do you have to uninstall F15 first before installing F4?
    When you guys say you like phantom better than F15, are you saying you notice difference in every day usage? For example, do you see webpages loading faster, videos playing smoother, etc etc?

I currently have the uberkernal 1.5 OC and Ok with the slight increase in battery usage. I'm not sure if I want any more drain on my battery if I don't really see huge difference by going to 1.7 OC.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I did not see too much of a difference in speed with f15c. I saw a huge difference in f4. Try it. You can always uninstall it if you don't want it.
  7.    #7  
    I thought everything was just more responsive and smoother with F4.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    what settings were you all using for F4?

I'm currently using F15 @ 1.8ghzwith the settings posted in first post by ghostinator from this thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...omparison.html
    there's a reason why F4 runs apps faster than F15. F4 runs both cores at full throttle. Just expect your battery life to suffer. It's been discussed plenty of times in the webos internals section of this forum.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    where do I get t the patches for f15c and phantom I would like to run 1.7

I am now Running 1.5
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    gone from F4 to F15c and now back to F4. No issue at all in both kernels but do enjoy quicker response in F4.
    The only problem with F4 is the battery drain
    how much battery drain can you expect if you switch from F15c to F4?
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Black TouchPad 32Gb running smooth @1.8Ghz/F15c kernel - White Veer-DigitalUnlock(ed)
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    I would like to ask the same question. On Uberkernel, battery life is great. I get like a week of standby battery life if I use the touchpad like 15 minutes or so a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    When you guys say you like phantom better than F15, are you saying you notice difference in every day usage? For example, do you see webpages loading faster, videos playing smoother, etc etc?

I currently have the uberkernal 1.5 OC and Ok with the slight increase in battery usage. I'm not sure if I want any more drain on my battery if I don't really see huge difference by going to 1.7 OC.

Thanks.
    +1

I've tried F4, F15, Warthog, oc'd to 1.7. I'm using UK @ 1.5 now. The slight loss in speed is more than made up for in much better battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by T2T3 View Post
    how much battery drain can you expect if you switch from F15c to F4?
    No, I compare with stock kernel ^^
    Where do I get F4 Phantom for 3.04 ?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast