Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    I've ran all of them and so far on 3 touchpads that I have the F4 Phantom has had best speeds/stability out of all of them. Now that is keeping at 1.8ghz all day with On Demand settings.

The worthod at 1.5ghz does have bettery batt life, by about 1 full hour from what I noticed. I'm never not near anywhere I can charge so I don't really worry about it.

With UberKernel I had a lot of apps close out on me that doesn't happen with F4 or stock.

F15c was great for speed, but didn't seem very stable.

I'd say Phantom F4 FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    How do I do this step on the TP for enabling beta feeds?

2. Gain access to the Linux command line on your device and run the following two commands.
    mkdir -p /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.preware
    touch /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.preware/enable-beta-feeds
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by JaimitoBond View Post
    bump
    You need to run Xecutah to access the command line. Its in preware. Google for details if you're not familiar with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by frontloader View Post
    You need to run Xecutah to access the command line. Its in preware. Google for details if you're not familiar with it.
    I found it on webos quickinstall.
    I searched for overclocking to 1.7 or 1.9 and some suggest f15c eagle and other suggest wearing or f4 phantom. Tried searching all these in preware but nothing. Let me guess, I have to uPdate feeds? Dam this is too much crap just to upgrade my TP...
    Quote Originally Posted by Illlogic View Post
    I searched for overclocking to 1.7 or 1.9 and some suggest f15c eagle and other suggest wearing or f4 phantom. Tried searching all these in preware but nothing. Let me guess, I have to uPdate feeds? Dam this is too much crap just to upgrade my TP...
    Maybe you shouldn't be trying to overclock, if following the instructions to add beta feeds to your preware is "too much crap". You definitely shouldn't be testing beta kernels, if that's too much crap, because how would you feel if by beta testing a kernel with a faster overclock, you managed to get your TouchPad into a state where it doesn't work?

Why do you feel so entitled, that you shouldn't have to do the same things everyone else does, to take advantage of the hard work of the people who build these kernels and other addons do?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    MudShark22 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaimitoBond View Post
    How do I do this step on the TP for enabling beta feeds?

2. Gain access to the Linux command line on your device and run the following two commands.
    mkdir -p /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.preware
    touch /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.preware/enable-beta-feeds
    You must first read the rules of adding the feeds. It very clearly states you are not to post what you just did and only refer people to the link. PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES! You are much more likely to get help.
    I have read the instruction to oc to 1.7, but have a question? I am old school I am looking for a c: to insert the command and do I really have to unistall preware first? I am new to touchpad. Thanks
    you have to put the lines in at the root command, not C:, and, yes, there are certain things you have to do to enable the beta feeds, it is really pretty easy and gets easier obviously when you have done it more than once....LOL, it took me awhile to get the proper command prompt in the beginning, too embarassed to ask :-(

Regarding kernals, F4 definately, a little slow on boot but otherwise very snappy, I have mine set to OnDemand, 1.836gig x2 full load, idle 756mhz x2, I can leave the TP on overnight with full green battery icon and still have the same green icon waiting for me the next morning once I bring out of its slumber....I can easily get several days of operation with normal daily use (1 to 2 hours), obviously, vids and a real bright screen will hammer the battery. Normal stuff, it lasts a long time, just turn screen brightness down to a level you can comfortably see the screen and turn off the WIFI if you are not surfing, or when your unit is sleeping, it really helps...

Welcome, and enjoy your toy...

Laterzzzzz....
    Last edited by bldegle2; 12/21/2011 at 02:03 PM.
    32g and playing
    Thanks Bldegle !! I will try it later this morning. I guess we told our age by looking for a
    microsoft dos C:
    your welcome....I abused my pad in the beginning, figured what the hey it was cheap...now it is tricked, slicked and pretty darn good, had to doctor her once, but that was because the 3.0.4 update knackered my TP, totally wacked...nice to know one can rescue it...once you get the Preware worked out there are about 6 preware items you need to install to really bring your unit alive (this, in addition to the Uberkernel or whatever kernel you pick), there are guides all over the net and here at the forums too....

I am into the wireless part now, loading up stuff from any of my computers is effortless, vids, business stuff, pics..now if I could only get it to go the other way without a USB tether or attachments to emails, TP to computer with no wires...still playin'....

have fun, good luck...as far as age goes, lets just say I have been collecting SS benefits for several years and leave it at that....

laterzzzz...........
    Last edited by bldegle2; 12/21/2011 at 02:14 PM.
    32g and playing
    does this mean y'all stuck with 3.0.2? I also cannot get the phantom or f15c. I wondered if because the move to alpha/beta feeds? It would not take new feed of preware.is.awesome.com. But tne other 2 feeds were already set up once preware was installed. I just did the other patches and she runs much faster. I downloaded govnah and uberkernel, and oc'ed to 1.5ghz. One confusing thing is that my second core does not show 1.5. But looking at govnah data (refreshed per 1 second), I see spikes in the second core gojng to 1.5ghz. Does that mean second core is only used on demand? Sometimes when I startup govnah, I see 1.5ghz on second core for a split second
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12