Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    the app/assistants directory - you need to turn
    Ok I will remove those Patches and contact you per Mail to discuss how this can be done with patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Ok I will remove those Patches and contact you per Mail to discuss how this can be done with patches.
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...f-creator.html should assist you.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I used that one for the two patches that are in the first posting.

But I can't add Images to the App with it and it failed creating patches for some other Apps and I can't find out why (SplashID for instance).

See my Mail please.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    how do you apply the patch to lastpass? using webOS quick install i get errors.

Thanks

Edit: I see i can't use WQI, so tried on the TP with internalz and get the same errors. 4 of 4 hunk failed, alot like that.
    Edit2: Looks like Lastpass updated lastpass on the 9th? Maybe that broke the patch?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I guess so. I will take a look later today.

Also I got a anwser from SplashID.
    Cool! Can you send us the IPK file you generated from the patch so we can release it as a stop gap version until we do a TouchPad specific version?

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

-Justin
    SplashData
    That will make it a lot easier for all of you.
    I guess so. I will take a look later today.

Also I got a anwser from SplashID.

That will make it a lot easier for all of you.
    That's a great outcome. Congratulations.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    That's a great outcome. Congratulations.

-- Rod
    If someone makes a patch & didn't contact the dev .. How would that be handled?.. Can't this hurt devs.. By not supporting their future projects?.. Why not ASK a dev to remake them for TP.. Or make an app yourself.. That's how the catalog will grow..

I dunno.. Just very irked by this

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by sketch42; 08/15/2011 at 04:22 PM.
    gcstith likes this.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Flixter Patch is back online. Please read the "readme.txt" inside to understand how to install it. Please give me feedback if that works for you.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Btw I'm currently in contact with the Dev from jVault. Hope to confince him to release my changes over the App-Cat or at least alow me to release it here.
    AMR-1 likes this.
    As the developer of Bad Kitty, I can tell you that you'd be wasting your time trying to make a patch for the current mojo Bad Kitty. It uses custom components that will not scale to tablet sizes.

Also there is a tablet version of Bad Kitty in the works ... so I am requesting that any [futile] attempt to patch the current app be stopped. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by germboy View Post
    I am requesting that any attempt to patch the current app be stopped. Thanks
    And such a request should be upheld graciously.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    If you read the first posting completeley you will see that nobody it doing something like this. So no reason for such a posting at all

Quote Originally Posted by germboy View Post
    As the developer of Bad Kitty, I can tell you that you'd be wasting your time trying to make a patch for the current mojo Bad Kitty. It uses custom components that will not scale to tablet sizes.

Also there is a tablet version of Bad Kitty in the works ... so I am requesting that any [futile] attempt to patch the current app be stopped. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    If someone makes a patch & didn't contact the dev .. How would that be handled?
    Such a patch should not be accepted.

Can't this hurt devs.. By not supporting their future projects?.. Why not ask a dev to remake them for TP..
    You will note that one of the criteria that the OP has put in place is that devs *are* asked.

Or make an app yourself.. That's how the catalog will grow..
    That option does not go away.

I dunno.. Just very irked by this
    Yet you're ok with Save/Restore scripts and patches to webOS ?

-- Rod
    And such a request should be upheld graciously.

-- Rod
    Cool deal. I also see on page 1 that Bad Kitty was marked as "dev is working on it". That makes things a bit more clear ... just wanted to make my request clear ... and stop anyone from possibly wasting time
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I will edit it and replace "dev" with "original dev" if that makes it more clear.
    If you read the first posting completeley you will see that nobody it doing something like this. So no reason for such a posting at all
    Just thought I'd post, since we've never officially announced that we were working on a version for the TouchPad until now. Glad you got word of it somehow though
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    eheh ok. Is there a official link I can attach to my post (like I did for Carbon).?
    eheh ok. Is there a official link I can attach to my post (like I did for Carbon).?
    Catch it on the twitters: @BadKittyXL
    Uh Forums could be a hard one. But why? I have Forums on my Pre 2 but on my TouchPad I don't see a use for it because I always use the Browser for Forum Access.
    In addition, the author is working on Communities - a similar app for TiuchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    carbon? Or is there an HD in the works?
    Graphite