Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    How did you port it to the TP
    Just installed Pre version using WOSQI. With or without patch it shows blank screen.
    Just rebooted the TP and app runs successfully in full screen mode. Taurec you are a magician!

Love the full screen, is there a way to go back (in SplashID) once you've tapped a file. Right now, I have to totally dismiss.

Btw, Taurec: thank you so much for the lesson on packaging apps. I'm going to try to locate my amazon mp3 download and package it next.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    can you show me a screenshot and how you got there? Maybe I forgot a to put a Back-Button in that Scene.
    can you show me a screenshot and how you got there? Maybe I forgot a to put a Back-Button in that Scene.
    It's the records that we add or input. When we tap to open it, you can't go back.

http://cdn-forums.precentral.net/ima...tor/attach.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    You did not overwrite all files in the assistants directory!

Make sure all 4 files from the Zip are copied to the App/assistants dir:

addRecords-assistant.jsjsjs
    detailedView-assistant.jsjsjs
    editRecord-assistant.jsjsjs
    support-assistant.jsjsjs
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts

support-assistant.jsjsjs

support-assistant.jsjsjs
    I did that. I guess the problem is that I'm not overwriting.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Hmm. it is overwriting for me. Try to delete the orginal files first.
    Hmm. it is overwriting for me. Try to delete the orginal files first.
    I don't see the SplashID directory to delete after installing ipk.

Here's what I'm doing to install the overwrite files:
    I'm opening QI; clicking on send file; pasting--/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.splashdata.app.splashid to destination; and sending each individual file from the patch to that path.

I do not see splash ID in the TP directory, via USB or InternalZ. Thus, I saw nothing to delete and overwrite.

support-assistant.jsjsjs
    I hope you are not distributing complete source files, as that would likely violate the copyright license of the original author if the app is not open source ...

You must distribute patches, not modified source files.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Do it different.

After you installed SplashID (the IPK) set your TP to USB Mode and copy all files from the patch to your media partion. Then start InternalZ. You shoud see the directory /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.splashdata.app.splashid in internalz after the install (you my have to reboot). copy all files from the media Partion to the App Directory using Internalz on the TP.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I hope you are not distributing complete source files, as that would likely violate the copyright license of the original author if the app is not open source ...

You must distribute patches, not modified source files.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,

I'm only distributing parts of the Source. I can't create patches for some of those Apps because sometimes I need to included files (for instance Images).

Also SplashData is aware of my "Patch" and they know this Thread here too.

If you see a better way to do this I'm open for anything.
    gcstith likes this.
    Sure. As long as those Apps are only Mojo Apps and not PDK you have full access to the source code.
    Note that just because you have access to the source code does not mean you have the right to distribute modified versions of that source code.

In general, you have the right to distribute patches to the source code that you have created, but not the modified complete source code files.

Open source licenses allow you to distribute the modified source files, but webOS and the large majority of third party apps are *not* open source licensed (even if you can access and read the source code).

If you distribute complete modified files against the source code license, you will find yourself liable to legal action from the application authors and possible action from PreCentral too.

So you should stick to patches only, and not distribute modified source files.

If you need assistance in creating patch files from modified source files, take a look at Jason's Universal Diff tool.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Rod as I wrote above in not all cases I can use patches. As you can see in my first posting I distribute Patches or other files based on what is needed to get the App running. I never distributed the complete source code. Only parts of it. If that is already to much than we might have a problem. Please take a look at the Links I already uploaded. I don't want to cause trouble for anyone.
    Do it different.

After you installed SplashID (the IPK) set your TP to USB Mode and copy all files from the patch to your media partion. Then start InternalZ. You shoud see the directory /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.splashdata.app.splashid in internalz after the install (you my have to reboot). copy all files from the media Partion to the App Directory using Internalz on the TP.
    Can't get it to work. Looks like I have to locate the file after I set up the ipk on the TP so that I can overwrite them. I can use it in emulate mode or close app when I open up a file.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Ofcourse you have to do this after you installed the IPK :0

And make sure you don't have the App open when you overwrite the files.
    Rod as I wrote above in not all cases I can use patches. As you can see in my first posting I distribute Patches or other files based on what is needed to get the App running. I never distributed the complete source code. Only parts of it. If that is already to much than we might have a problem. Please take a look at the Links I already uploaded. I don't want to cause trouble for anyone.
    I know that your intention is to do the right thing, and I want to help you do that. No-one is looking to cause trouble for anyone.

If you distribute a complete source file (even if it is 1 out of 100 source files that make up an application), then there is likely to be a problem.

Let say there is a source code file which is 50 lines long. If you have only changed, say, 5 lines out of that 50 line source file, then you need to create a patch which only contains those 5 lines (plus the lines which have changed and some context, which is considered fair use context for the patch). If you were to distribute the whole 50 lines, then there is likely to be a problem.

We are able to create patches for anything, even binary files if necessary (although we prefer not to have to do that).

When you tell people to copy whole files into a directory, that sets off alarm bells that you are distributing modified source files rather than patches. I looked at the SplashId files - you are distributing complete source files in the app/assistants directory - you need to turn those into a patch.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 08/10/2011 at 07:27 AM.
    Ofcourse you have to do this after you installed the IPK :0

And make sure you don't have the App open when you overwrite the files.
    The ipk is installed, but I can't find the file. I can use the program, but can't patch it to full screen. Can you tell me how to find and see the file path on the TP. Internalz on TP home button takes you to USB Drive/ and the first directory is .app-storage. I can find the other apps in either app storage or app data. Where do I go to see the SplashID file?
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast