Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes
    Hello,

I made a patch for the Spotify App. It's not perfect, but it's enough for me.
    It works well in landscape mode. There's still some bug in portrait mode, but it's usable.

I attach the patch in this message.
    Install it with WebOs QuickInstall.

Warning : it seems there is a bug when you uninstall a patch for an app (I don't know if it was mentioned before, see this topic : http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...etes-file.html). So if you need to uninstall this patch, you will need to reinstall Spotify.

Note : to install Spotify on your TouchPad, you can refer to this topic : http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3038613

I hope you'll enjoy! Give me your feedback.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Keroi; 09/17/2011 at 10:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Good work Keroi. I included a link to this post in the first Posting.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    @All have you already took a look at this Patch: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3140564

It changes your Mojo Emulator Size to nearly full screen. Sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keroi View Post
    Hello,

I made a patch for the Spotify App. It's not perfect, but it's enough for me.
    It works well in landscape mode. There's still some bug in portrait mode, but it's usable.

I attach the patch in this message.
    Install it with WebOs QuickInstall.

Warning : it seems there is a bug when you uninstall a patch for an app (I don't know if it was mentioned before, see this topic : http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...etes-file.html). So if you need to uninstall this patch, you will need to reinstall Spotify.

Note : to install Spotify on your TouchPad, you can refer to this topic : http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3038613

I hope you'll enjoy! Give me your feedback.
    This is absolutely amazing. Many thanks for this!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Thanks for the patch. Spotify is so much more usable now, especially as I rarely use my touchpad in portrait.
    Thanks Keroi, nice work. I was trying to port Spotify too, but failed hard at the back-buttons
    I would like to have RPN Scientific in full size!
    Just one issue with Spotify. I've noticed that when scrolling playlists in portrait mode there will be a big white area flickering in the bottom covering maybe 20% of the screen. It does not happen in landscape mode.

EDIT: just realized this is likely the bug referred to by Keroi in the release post of the patch. It's not a dealbreaker in anyway as the full size version is so much more usable than normal one.
    Quote Originally Posted by peer View Post
    Just one issue with Spotify. I've noticed that when scrolling playlists in portrait mode there will be a big white area flickering in the bottom covering maybe 20% of the screen. It does not happen in landscape mode.

EDIT: just realized this is likely the bug referred to by Keroi in the release post of the patch. It's not a dealbreaker in anyway as the full size version is so much more usable than normal one.
    Yeah, I noticed this bug too, but I never found a way to resolve it :/
    In fact, there's another bug: when you're in the "Help" menu there is no way to go back. You need to restart Spotify. As I don't know where is this "Help" menu, I couldn't implant a back button. So, my advice is to not click on "Help"
    Peep likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Right now it is not possible. Rod told me maybe in the future but I'm sure he will say something about it tomorrow.

I'm glad to hearthat another Dev is doing this. If you tell me what Apps you are going to do I will put it in the first posting.
    I see I was seeing .patch files and assumed this was the same as any other preware patch. I need to find out what apps I use that aren't already patched. Is the list in the OP comprehensive?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    These are bugs not only in Spotify. I saw a few other apps with dialogs which cant be closed (usally help or about dialogs). And the scrolling bug occures in Internalz Pro too.
    This HD patch is so badass! Great job. I got my Touchpad mainly for multimedia, and you just fulfilled my biggest wish. Thanks a ton!

Edit: This comment refers to the Spotify HD patch
    Last edited by Toxic_Society; 09/16/2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic_Society View Post
    This HD patch is so badass! Great job. I got my Touchpad mainly for multimedia, and you just fulfilled my biggest wish. Thanks a ton!
    Which patch? There are several in here.
    Btw theres a bug in spotify, you might want to fix that:

In app/assistant/artist-assistant.jsjsjs:
    there is three times "mojo.setLengthAndInvalidate(Math.min(5,"
    -> Math.min has to be changed to Math.max, else it does only show 5 cds in each category.

Maybe you could integrate that into the HD patch?
    Toxic_Society likes this.
    I used Keroi's HD patch posted at the top of page 17, on 09/15/2011, 10:29 AM

I quickly ran through a review of the Spotify HD patch for you all to see just how awesome it is.

Last edited by Toxic_Society; 09/16/2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Fixed link
    Peep likes this.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I see I was seeing .patch files and assumed this was the same as any other preware patch. I need to find out what apps I use that aren't already patched. Is the list in the OP comprehensive?
    Yes, I update the first posting with all I can find within this whole thread.
    Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad to see that you like the patch!
    Thank you, Toxic_Society for the video, it's cool! You've got a weird bug when Spotify is in portrait... Try the new version of the patch!

So, I did some improvements today :
    - No more "white areas" when you scroll your playlist in portrait! To fix the bug, I had to change some font-size. So the text is a little bit bigger now.
    - On the artist page :
    -> All the cds are now shown, thanks dodnet for the suggestion!
    -> The covers are bigger
    -> The biography is more "readable".
    - Covers are also bigger on the "What's new" section and when you do a search.

If you want to use the new version of my patch, uninstall Spotify and the patch using Preware. And reinstall Spotify and the patch.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Keroi; 09/17/2011 at 10:38 AM.
    Thank you, Toxic_Society for the video, it's cool! You've got a weird bug when Spotify is in portrait... Try the new version of the patch!

- No more "white areas" when you scroll your playlist in portrait! To fix the bug, I had to change some font-size. So the text is a little bit bigger now.
    - On the artist page :
    -> The covers are bigger

If you want to use the new version of my patch, uninstall Spotify and the patch using Preware. And reinstall Spotify and the patch.
    These all sound like welcome additions! I will definitely take a look at this new patch and upload the changes in a new video, so people can see the most up to date version thus far. Thanks for letting me know!
    Keroi likes this.

- On the artist page :
    -> The covers are bigger

You're such a boss Keroi, the new patch works great. Thanks!
    Keroi and Peep like this.
    Any luck with YouVersion Bible, Taurec?
    zouloux and brum like this.