Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    you need to install the Homebrew Version of Internalz to copy the App files from the cryptofs partition to you media partition. Then you can copy them to you Computer, repack them into an ipk and install on your TP.
    how do I repack them? Just put them in a folder and put the extension on?

nevermind I just reread the first post.
    Last edited by joedisaster; 09/10/2011 at 09:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    PreFox is available here and would be pretty cool to have working correctly on touchpad.
    Sorry but that is not possible for me. You have to ask the original Developer. But I agree that this would be a very cool App!
    Patches for Youtube app -- apply on your phone before extracting app. You will also want to install the download patch, and most importantly, the 'Youtube - Allow Landscape' patch. I thought I had combined these with my patch, but apparently not. I may still do so. The copy URL to clipboard patch is not compatible with these patches for some reason.
    1.4.5 phones: Patch removed as it does not work properly.
    2.1.0 phones: http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...tube-2.1.patch
    2.2.4 phones: This "app" is really just a shell that redirects you to youtube.com and handles searches.

After installing the desired patches to the Youtube app on your phone, follow the instructions in the first post on how to get the app from your phone using Internalz Pro. The app is in /usr/palm/applications as has been reported above. I also recommend changing the appid in the appinfo.json file so the pre-installed Youtube "app" is not lost (I used com.palm.youtube1). I did not include this in the patch to make sure it didn't cause issues on the phone.

There are some images that need to be resized to look better, but I'm not sure about the legality of distributing the modified images. If someone wants to make some from scratch, that would surely be okay. I am no graphic artist, so I don't see me getting that done:
    Under images:
    background.png - stretch to 1024px x 1024px.
    top-page-fade.png - stretch to 1024px wide, leave height alone.
    splash-screenshot-default.png - stretch to 768px x 1024px.
    bottom-page-fade.png - stretch to 1024px wide, leave height alone.

After resizing the images (not critical), repackage the app using the IPK packager or the Palm SDK, then install on your Touchpad using your favorite installer.

Patch for Touchpad Mojo framework: http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...on-3.0.2.patch

This patch gets installed on your Touchpad. It will also add a back button when streaming mp4 videos from the browser, so I need to work on it a bit more, as the back button won't do anything in that case. I am not sure what all apps utilize the Mojo framework on the Touchpad, but apparently the streaming video player is one of them.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please report back any issues installing these patches. Once they are proven by brave testers, I can submit them to PreWare. I have tested them on a Pre, Pre Plus (running 2.1) and a Pre 2.

For those of you without webOS phones, I'm afraid I can't help you get the Youtube app, so don't ask.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/18/2013 at 11:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Rod correct me if I'm wrong but Matt can use the Images from the Palm App.
    Rod correct me if I'm wrong but Matt can use the Images from the Palm App.
    Files from apps that are copyright by HP/Palm under the webOS SDK license are allowed to be used in other webOS applications - e.g. Music Player Re-Mix is an example of such.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    How about the YouVersion Bible? It is my favorite bible app and really want an HD version of it.

Thanks!

edit: I got YouVersion working (I was missing the comma before uiRevision), but the background colors on the main menu are messed up, like the background images are shifted down, or the buttons are too small I know there is code to fix that, but I'm coding illiterate.

Its definitely usable, but I would imagine you could make it look better when/if you get a chance to look at it.

Thanks again for all the hard work!!
    Last edited by Mr. Orange 645; 09/13/2011 at 12:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Thanks Rod. Please allow me another question. Since the Youtube App is under the SDK Copyright can't Matt just distribute the whole IPK? That would make it much easyer for the useres.
    Thanks Rod. Please allow me another question. Since the Youtube App is under the SDK Copyright can't Matt just distribute the whole IPK? That would make it much easyer for the useres.
    The actual text of the license says that they can be used for applications which are submitted and distributed in the official app catalog, or outside of the app catalog through explicit written agreement.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645 View Post
    edit: I got YouVersion working (I was missing the comma before uiRevision), but the background colors on the main menu are messed up, like the background images are shifted down, or the buttons are too small I know there is code to fix that, but I'm coding illiterate.

Its definitely usable, but I would imagine you could make it look better when/if you get a chance to look at it.
    Send me what you already got and I take a look.
    I'm able to view the app full screen and I can download videos without issues, but when I play videos in the youtube app I can only see a small rectangle 320x320 with part of the video.
    Also, is it possible to download the HD versions of the videos? At least 420p when available.
    Thank you!
    Send me what you already got and I take a look.
    Ok. If you don't mind, PM mr your email address and I'll zip up the app folder and email it to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I'm able to view the app full screen and I can download videos without issues, but when I play videos in the youtube app I can only see a small rectangle 320x320 with part of the video.
    Also, is it possible to download the HD versions of the videos? At least 420p when available.
    Thank you!
    That is really strange -- I have no trouble playing videos in the app. All I did was make the app full screen and that fixed video playback. They would not play in the phone simulator window, only full-screen. Can you send me links to a couple of the videos you have tried to watch?

I am planning to look into whether or not the HD URLs are available in the data returned, I just haven't had time to do it.
    No. I asked, and Ben from developer relations told me specifically that derivative works cannot be distributed. I almost felt guilty for even asking the question.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/13/2011 at 09:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That is really strange -- I have no trouble playing videos in the app. All I did was make the app full screen and that fixed video playback. They would not play in the phone simulator window, only full-screen. Can you send me links to a couple of the videos you have tried to watch?

I am planning to look into whether or not the HD URLs are available in the data returned, I just haven't had time to do it.
    I used a Sprint Pre running 1.4.5 and I applied two patches: The landscape and the download patch.
    Then, I installed your patch for 1.4.5 phones.
    After that I used ipk-package and install it on the TouchPad.
    Then, I applied the Patch for Touchpad Mojo framework

and this is what I got:

The blank box is where the video plays, but the video is actually playing in full screen and the box is not resizing to full screen.
    Hmm, I installed the version from my Pre 2... I should have known to test the 1.4.5 version since I had to create a separate patch for it. The only difference I know about is the appinfo.json. I'll post back in a bit.

Edit: Ugh, does the same thing for me. Comparing the apps, they made quite a few changes that are just code style and cleanup, so it's going to be take some digging to find out what's causing this. It has to be differences between the Mojo framework bewteen 1.4.5 and 2.1/3.0.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/13/2011 at 12:33 PM.
    Is this mean that we are out of luck for the people who doesn't have PRE phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_z11 View Post
    Is this mean that we are out of luck for the people who doesn't have PRE phones?
    You can get a used Pre from Craigslist for dirt cheap.