Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Or use the patch creator form JasonR
    So I've got the mod to Pandora mostly complete, except one major issue: adding "uiRevision":2 to appinfo.json causes Pandora to no longer go to the next track if it's not the active card.

I added some images, changed some CSS, added "Back" option to the AppMenu, and none of them are responsible - as soon as I remove the uiRevision line, it changes tracks perfectly.

Any ideas? I don't know enough about the inner workings of webOS to even know where to start.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    thats strange. I suggest you ask at the developera forum. Btw i will ad your name to the firat posting behind pandora.

thanks for your work
    Super simple app, but I really wish starfield was fullscreen.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I tried to patch jvault by changing the codes, used the ipk packager for armv7, and then install with webosquickinstall, but it looks like it's the same (running in the emulator). Do I need to uninstall the original app first?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    nope you don't. Did you made sure that you have the UIRevision set correctly?
    Thats the main change that will allow to scale up!
    Also when you compile the ipk make sure you don't use the -v1 format
    Can this be done for Lil' Pre-Tender? It's a bartending app in preware, it doesn't have a maintainer listed and says it's open source. I sent a tweet to the developer of sorting thoughts, reading back through his timeline tho, he's not really happy with HP, so I don't know if he will do a TP version or give permission to scale it up. He just doesn't know, folx will pay for the option to password protect notes and memos...
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 09/05/2011 at 11:54 AM.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    The IPK that was created has the new appinfo.json (with added UIRevision), but it appears like the app folder in cryptofs still has the old json even after installing it with Quickinstall, and preware. Oh well, I'll have to play with it. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    rama try TO delete the old App first
    Not sure if this is the right thread for this problem, so let me know or have mod move it to correct place.

I want to know if anyone else has a problem with LOCATION SERVICES on the TouchPad and how to fix it if it isn't working.

I am having problems with Location Services actually locating me. I have Use Google Services in the ON position and everything else to enable locating my TouchPad, but Bing Maps puts me somewhere near the center of the city I live near, making the location about six or seven miles from where I actually live. The other mapping apps I have downloaded don't locate me any closer. If I input my address in the search block, the apps properly locate my address, but that isn't my idea of Location Services on the TouchPad.

The only app that I know finds my exact location when I press the "GPS" icon is a beta test copy of NDrive V11.3, and that is only when I am at home using my broadband wifi; it doesn't even find me when I am using my Novatel Wireless MiFi 2372 with 3G (integrated wifi antennae and GPS antennae) either at home or on the road.

Any help in enabling my Location Services will be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Can this be done for Lil' Pre-Tender? It's a bartending app in preware, it doesn't have a maintainer listed and says it's open source. I sent a tweet to the developer of sorting thoughts, reading back through his timeline tho, he's not really happy with HP, so I don't know if he will do a TP version or give permission to scale it up. He just doesn't know, folx will pay for the option to password protect notes and memos...
    Pre-Tender is possbile. But it will not very pretty. Please take a look at the two screenshots.

I sopke with the Dev of Sorting Thoughts some time ago (since he is a german too). That time he told me e was working on the TP Version. I will ask him again if his plans changed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Pre-Tender is possbile. But it will not very pretty. Please take a look at the two screenshots.

I sopke with the Dev of Sorting Thoughts some time ago (since he is a german too). That time he told me e was working on the TP Version. I will ask him again if his plans changed.
    Yeah, the menu looks ok, but I can see the ones with images aren't all that great. Honestly, even on the pre, the images aren't all that great. This has probably been asked before, but is there any way to get the Mojo apps to work in landscape? Or when scaling up to do so 3/4 full so the images aren't so distorted. Running in portrait mode is my main complaint. I'm actually ok with the emulator for the size for most of them, and even with bars around them, and would be ok if they aren't totally full screen. I just use the TP landscape mostly.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    my Patch for the Lasspass App.
    I had to register just to thank you for this. Once you start using lastpass, you kinda have to commit to it.

Again, thanks!
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Yeah, the menu looks ok, but I can see the ones with images aren't all that great. Honestly, even on the pre, the images aren't all that great. This has probably been asked before, but is there any way to get the Mojo apps to work in landscape? Or when scaling up to do so 3/4 full so the images aren't so distorted. Running in portrait mode is my main complaint. I'm actually ok with the emulator for the size for most of them, and even with bars around them, and would be ok if they aren't totally full screen. I just use the TP landscape mostly.
    Jep the App is pretty bad written. It is nothing else but just a "slideshow" of Pictures with the recipe text in the Picture.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $is$ $no$ $other$ $way$ $to$ $scale$ $up$ $Mojo$ $Apps$.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stromos View Post
    Super simple app, but I really wish starfield was fullscreen.
    Have you written the Dev an Email? I don't know how this whole Canvas thing works that is being used by this App. Sorry. Maybe the Dev wants to do this since the App doesn't look very complicated to me.
    I have modified the Youtube phone app to run on the Touchpad (no HD videos, but I prefer it over the browser most of the time), and I'm working on creating the patch files for it. It requires a patch for the app plus a patch for one of the mojo framework files on the Touchpad. From what I can tell, the patches can be combined into one, but it will probably be best to submit the framework patch separately so it can have an AUPT package built for PreWare. The app patch can be applied on the phone prior to extracting the app to put on the Touchpad using the instruction in the first post of this thread.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I would like to see Dealert done if possible.
    HP Touchpad 16GB - webOS 3.0.4 - UberKernel
    Palm Pre (Sprint) - webOS 1.4.5 - UberKernel retired
    Not sure if this applies or not, but I'd love to see Virus Defense, Defensive Warfare, Oregon Trail, and SDL Mille converted to HD.
    I think I read thru all the posts but didn't see anywhere a scenario like this.
    I set up my TP and old moje apps are downloaded to the TP from my profile.
    I looked at an app and luckily it doesn't use any gestures. I just went ahead and modified the appinfo.json and added the "uiRevison": 2 with the comma on the previous line and saved the file /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ but nothing changes still is not full screen. It is mandatory to repack using ipk-packager since the only thing I'll be changing if I have a patch will be to add just this one line of code.