Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak92 View Post
    I see that Grooveshark is listed under upcoming developer port, but I would still love to see you guys do it. I doubt Grooveshark will update their app, it still runs off the old UI so its already quite neglected, I dont think they will bother with it now that webOS is hurting.
    Try the web browser, some folks said they were using grooveshark in the browser and didn't require the mobile subscription
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisML View Post
    Can you do something with the spotify app?
    This App is not avalible in your country
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak92 View Post
    I see that Grooveshark is listed under upcoming developer port, but I would still love to see you guys do it. I doubt Grooveshark will update their app, it still runs off the old UI so its already quite neglected, I dont think they will bother with it now that webOS is hurting.
    The UI will not change during the Patching. Anyway if the original Dev doesn't changr his mind officialy ther is nothing to debate.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Good news SplashID owners. You will get PromoCodes for the TouchPad Version:

Yeah, we're happy to do that. We had to sell it separately, because it's a separate version, and we had to charge for it, because considerable development went into the SplashID application (not your patch obviously), an we can't just give it away for free to new users that have not paid at all.

Please ask them to contact me at techsupport AT splashdata DOT com for a promo code.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

-Justin
    SplashData
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Good news SplashID owners. You will get PromoCodes for the TouchPad Version:
    Thanks for your efforts. Glad to see Splashdata doing the right thing.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Well, that's weird. I mean they could easily not change the appID and package it in the regular version and then they would be able to charge new users and not charge old users. I emailed them about a potential promo code, waiting to hear back from them.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Nope. My patched Version does only run on the TouchPad (because I was to leazy to do all the work for them)
    Spalshdata came through and provided me the 'promo' code and I was able to download and install SplashID for no charge.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    thanks for these, directv patch looks great. Would love to get a patch for pandora, I may take a look at it myself if I have time, no promises though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cthetford View Post
    I've done KeyRing and "FreeSimpleMindMap".. I've tried contacting both developers, but haven't gotten anything back. I have no idea how to get patches into PreWare or anything like that so if you know how to take those and run with them, I'd be happy to share my work-in-progress on those.
    Hi
    I am the developer of FreeSimpleMindMap.
    As you said you contacted me i didnt found any e-mail or request you send me.
    Maybe your request was put to the spam mails, else i would have answerd your request.

The best way to reach me is the facebook site of FreeSimpleMindmap:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/FreeSi...27216190659750

I appreciate your work if you have done.
    Can you donat the code back (svn diff or something like this)

Then we could make an offical release..

I can also give you access to my svn,
    if you promise me not to leak any code!
    You can also alpha test the new beta :-)
    if you want to...
    (watch out still some dataloss bugs... but i only working with this version on my pre)

I didnt had time to finish the new version... because i am fulltime salvation army officer and have a family with 4 Kids... :-D.

I will continune (really really slow) to work on this project...

btw. can you send me a screenshot of the Freesimplemind running on a touchpad???

God Bless
    Paradoxianer
    Last edited by Paradoxianer; 08/29/2011 at 09:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Great. Please tell me if you got the code from cthetford. If not I can send it to you as we
    Any updates to the flixster patch? I'm gettin an error.
    I emailed SplashData but still haven't heard back. Oh well.
    Two questions:

1. Is anyone actively working on a Pandora patch?
    2. Are you guys actually doing patches, or simply releasing fixed IPKs?
    I'm casting another vote for Pandora. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFox7 View Post
    Two questions:

1. Is anyone actively working on a Pandora patch?
    2. Are you guys actually doing patches, or simply releasing fixed IPKs?
    #2 is illegal unless the app is an open source app (most are not).

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    @RedSoxFox Rad ehe first posting please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    #2 is illegal unless the app is an open source app (most are not).

-- Rod
    #2 can't be illegal since it wasn't an absolute question.

Nonetheless, I'm assuming you mean that distributing the IPK rather than the patch would be illegal.

I've already made some good progress improving the Pandora app, but I don't want to start any trouble here or between Pandora & the webOS community. I don't see anything in this thread outlining how to make a patch file, I assume the original and final IPK are needed.
    Yes, I was referring to distributing derived works based on proprietary files.

To create a patch:

diff -u old new

-- Rod