Like Tree10Likes
  • 10 Post By sledge007
  1.    #1  
    As the title suggests, I'm sitting on my couch with the TouchPad on the Touchstone on the coffee table. I can bring up the card view with the button, but if I want to switch cards, I have to lean up and swipe away. On this note, I have the entry field zoomed to fill the entire screen, it would be cool if there was a way to be able to scroll around this page say combination Control & Arrow Keys.

Don't know if there's a way already, or if it's possible, so does anybody know?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    As the title suggests, I'm sitting on my couch with the TouchPad on the Touchstone on the coffee table. I can bring up the card view with the button, but if I want to switch cards, I have to lean up and swipe away. On this note, I have the entry field zoomed to fill the entire screen, it would be cool if there was a way to be able to scroll around this page say combination Control & Arrow Keys.

Don't know if there's a way already, or if it's possible, so does anybody know?
    Big UP on this request!!
    I would like this as well.. seems silly that HP didn't even bother doing this. Thanks~
    I would love a patch that allowed the arrow keys to navigate the card view, and the enter or spacebar to choose a card. I would totally pay for that capability.
    This would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenrushing View Post
    I would love a patch that allowed the arrow keys to navigate the card view, and the enter or spacebar to choose a card. I would totally pay for that capability.
    +1

because of the lack of these shortcuts i returned my bt.kb
    +1!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    +1

I too would like to be able to focus and go through cards from the keyboard using the arrow keys.

Scrolling in a webpage or app should should also come trivial using Ctrl + Arrow keys for example.

Then, copy/cut/paste support and I will be making a significant donation
    Change the request to "Provide basic functionality to arrow keys". I would like to use them to play flash games and scroll on the web browser too, but HP decided they were only to be used to move your cursor on text.
    $100 paypal bounty out of my pocket for a patch giving this functionality.
    I would like to see this as well!
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Ive been looking for this since day 1..
    +1 on this
    does it necessarily need to be an HP bluetooth keyboard?

i don't have an HP one. those are even rarer in australia than the actual touchpad.
    my bluetooth keyboard (Kaiser Baas) has a little toggle on it to act as a mouse (as well as two mouse keys).
    it would be fantastic to be able to make use of that.

at the moment when i play around with the toggle all i get is random characters.

i did somehow manage to make it jump from what was on the screen to the just type box... twice. i can't replicate it though. not on purpose anyway.
    +1
    I too would pay for some code to be able to use keys to scroll through cards, and copy, cut and paste via the BT keyboard
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Bump.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Another HP BT keyboard owner here interested in getting this functionality

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html