Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes
    It seems that there has been others as well wondering how to get the Alt Gr (Symbol) key working on a UK bluetooth keyboard. I just managed to get it to work and now have Alt Gr+a/o producing / which I was after. So if somebody still needs the info how to do this then just change the following line in the kmap file (that is available from wosi wiki for example).

keycode 100 = Alt Alt Alt Alt Alt Alt Alt Alt Alt Alt
    -->
    keycode 100 = AltGr AltGr AltGr AltGr AltGr AltGr AltGr AltGr AltGr AltGr

And then naturally copy the compiled qmap file over the keymap-uk.qmap instead of the us one. This gets you working Alt Gr and can edit the kmap to your likings, i.e. add extra stuff for those AltGr+letter combinations.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Thanks for the update. I've been using this solution for some time now. My problem is that I can't create dead accent keys, like on the french keyboard. In the french keyboard, if you press "`" and then a vowel like "e" you will get an "". So far, I haven't been able to do the same. My somewhat inelegant workaround is to use different letters to obtain different accented vowels. So, I get , , , by pressing altGr + q, w, e, r.
    For quick change between .qmap files just edit the "CountryCode" in /var/hid.jsjsjs

credits to Dompteur9:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3274173

Seems only to work with the 3 provided .qmap files (at least with my Pre3):
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3295665

keymap-de.qmap (countycode:9)
    keymap-us.qmap (countrycode:33)
    keymap-fr.qmap (countrycode:8)
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234