Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    show me your kmap file
    Files are attached. Renamed to .txt because of forum restrictions. Thanks for your help
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hm, your se.txt seems to be ok. I've tried to compile se layout and both and work fine.
    Here is my se.qmap: http://users.openinkpot.org/~lunohod/se.qmap

If you have got an us bt keyboard, copy that file to the keymap-us.qmap.
    Thanks for the file. Unfortunately it acts exactly the way I posted above.

I'm using a Pre 3 and iGo stowaway keyboard. The keyboard worked fine with Finnish layout on my N800 Internet Tablet. Very strange.
    I've tested it with original HP keyboard and Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunohod_oi View Post
    I've described how to create a modified qmap with custom layout:

Touchpad Bluetooth Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    This is great work! I'm about to start editing the us.kmap file. I'll keep the basic US layout and add the french accents ( and ). Right now, I'm comparing the original file and the swedish layout to find out how to proceed. I have two questions :

1 . Is there some kind of documentation on the meaning of each column? For example, :

keycode 16 = +U+0071 +U+0051 +U+0071 +U+0051 Control_q Control_q Meta_q Meta_q Meta_Control_q Meta_Control_q
    2. Whats is the keycode of the "Symbol" key?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ftalbot View Post
    Is there some kind of documentation on the meaning of each column?
    Forget this part, I hadn't googled hard enough...
    Frist column is just plain key press, the second is with shift, the next two are key presses with AltGr.

What is 'Symbol' key?
    Frist column is just plain key press, the second is with shift, the next two are key presses with AltGr.

What is 'Symbol' key?
    On the US keyboard, there is a key between the space bar and the right control key with the "symbol" label. I suppose it is the AltGr key.

What is 'Symbol' key?
    One more question. I hope it will be the last. Is it possible to map a key in a way that once it is pressed, the next character will be accented? What I would like to do would be the press the "^" key and then the "e" key to obtain an "". I thought that it was the function of the "dead_circumflex" and other "dead_" function I read in the se.kmap file but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks.
    I've described how to create a modified qmap with custom layout:

Touchpad Bluetooth Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    I wish I had discovered this before I manually hex-edited my keyboard layout in the /usr/share/qt4/keymaps/keymap-us.qmap file to change my Bluetooth keyboard to a Dvorak layout.

I'm not sure I understand your procedure, though. I'm still new on the TP, and have ZERO development tools for it. Sucks to be a n00b.
  12.    #52  
    Does 'setkeys' only work in the terminal then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Do Not Touch View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your procedure, though. I'm still new on the TP, and have ZERO development tools for it. Sucks to be a n00b.
    You edit the kmap file and then you convert it to the qmap format on your desktop pc with linux.
    ^^ Thanks, but as I said, I don't have any development tools for the TouchPad, including a desktop linux environment.

If there is any kind of a beginner's guide for TouchPad programming, I haven't found it yet.
    Is there any chance that cut/copy/paste can be added to the BT KB for US?

There's a bounty out for that and I'd consider adding to it.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    anybody got the german.kmap in plaintext (it's similar to the swedish but not same), cause the compiled keymap-de.qmap on webos is in some points incorrect to the german HP BT-QWERTZ keyboard:

(+U+00A7) on SHIFT keycode 4 is not working
    (+U+00FC) on plain keycode 26 is not working
    € (+U+0080) on ALTGR E keycode 18 is not working
    (+U+00F6) on plain keycode 39 is not working
    (+U+00E4) on plain keycode 40 is not working
    (+U+00D6) on SHIFT keycode 39 is wrongly mapped to lowercase (+U+00F6) atm
    (+U+00B5) on ALTGR M keycode 50 is not working
    < (+U+003C) on ALTGR , keycode 51 is not working (could be HP BT-QWERTZ specific)
    > (+U+003E) on ALTGR . keycode 52 is not working (could be HP BT-QWERTZ specific)
    | (+U+007C) on ALTGR - keycode 53 is not working (could be HP BT-QWERTZ specific)

I could only test this on Pre2 and Pre3 /usr/share/qt4/keymaps/keymap-de.qmap (renamed to us). Perhaps the .qmap on touchpad is better?

Some nice links:
    http://unicodinator.com/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboar...Switzerland.29
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    could be HP BT-QWERTZ specific
    Could be, but is not. The same problems with my german freedom input BT-HID keyboard paired with Pre2 and meta-doctored Pre1 (webOS 2.1.0, german).

Obviously, there are issues with the german HPalm keymaps.

Maybe I can build the kmap2qmap tool on my linux computer (or on the Pre2) and try to find some improvements next weekend.

Regards

Carsten
    Last edited by ZehHa; 10/16/2011 at 08:38 AM.
  18. v94
    Did anybody verify that "Symbol" modifier works with Touchpad at all?

For the original US qmap it seems that the table in kmap has all the 3rd & 4th values equal to 1st & 2nd - so it doesn't matter whether you press Symbol or not. I tried to modify the values (assign them to Cyrillic) - but the Touchpad seems to ignore "Symbol" modifier.

I know that physically the modifier for keyboard works (it produces various symbols when BT keyboard is connected to iPhone). I know that my modifications to kmap generally work (I set lowercase Cyrillic to Shift-modified keys - and it works).

My idea was to assign to each key something like: lowercase Latin (LL); lowercase Cyrillic (LC); uppercase Latin (UL); uppercase Cyrillic (UC). I am getting LL; LC; LL; UL. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    anybody got the german.kmap in plaintext (it's similar to the swedish but not same), cause the compiled keymap-de.qmap on webos is in some points incorrect to the german HP BT-QWERTZ keyboard:
    nobody? did you personally create that swedish one, or could this be downloaded somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by Do Not Touch View Post
    I wish I had discovered this before I manually hex-edited my keyboard layout in the /usr/share/qt4/keymaps/keymap-us.qmap file to change my Bluetooth keyboard to a Dvorak layout.
    Hi. I've been trying add accents to an US keyboard (to make a pseudo french canadian QWERTY layout) but the procedure on webos-internals, with a kmap file generated with ckbcomp, won't let me create special accent keys (where I can press "^" and then "e" to obtain an ""). According to my very limited knowledge, it should be by adding "dead_circumflex" to the proper keycode, but it won't work.

Do you know how I could do that by editing the qmap file with an hex editor?

Thanks.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast