Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Ok, here is a look at Dvorak keyboard layout I've created. Any changes you'd like to make?
    If you like it as it is now, I'll release it ASAP.

Attached Images Attached Images
    hzhp422 likes this.
  2. JoQ
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Ok, here is a look at Dvorak keyboard layout I've created. Any changes you'd like to make?

Love the work you've done!

I have a question, what would it take for you to edit a regular QWERTY-keyboard on the touchpad to add the three characters: (), which is pretty much needed on a swedish keyboard. This is how the layout looks like: http://www.malinc.se/math/python/ima...shkeyboard.png

Notice the just to the left of the Enter-button.

Please reply !
    Would donate for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoQ View Post
    Love the work you've done!

I have a question, what would it take for you to edit a regular QWERTY-keyboard on the touchpad to add the three characters: (), which is pretty much needed on a swedish keyboard. This is how the layout looks like: http://www.malinc.se/math/python/ima...shkeyboard.png

Notice the just to the left of the Enter-button.

Please reply !
    Would donate for this!
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $can$ $get$ $these$ $characters$ $through$ $the$ $extended$ $set$ $that$ $you$ $can$ $open$ $by$ $long$ $touch$ $the$ $A$ $or$ $O$ $keys$, $but$ $I$ $can$ $add$ $them$ $to$ $the$ $main$ $keyboard$ $if$ $you$ $insist$ $to$.
  4. JoQ
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $can$ $get$ $these$ $characters$ $through$ $the$ $extended$ $set$ $that$ $you$ $can$ $open$ $by$ $long$ $touch$ $the$ $A$ $or$ $O$ $keys$, $but$ $I$ $can$ $add$ $them$ $to$ $the$ $main$ $keyboard$ $if$ $you$ $insist$ $to$.
    Yes I know, but they are as much used as regular O and A in our language, so getting them on the main-keyboard would actually make it useful for typing longer stuff. So it's possible? Could you squeeze it in?
    Would love if you did that, really appreciate it!
    Yes I know, but they are as much used as regular O and A in our language, so getting them on the main-keyboard would actually make it useful for typing longer stuff. So it's possible? Could you squeeze it in?
    Would love if you did that, really appreciate it!
    Yes, it is possible and I'll try to do it later today. Unfortunately, these characters aren't considered "regional" so they'll look and act like symbols keys (comma, question mark etc.) and not like the letter keys.
    There is however the patch I mentioned earlier that can fix it, but I don't know when I'll be able to release it as a script, so it's really up to your decision.
  6. JoQ
    Yes, it is possible and I'll try to do it later today. Unfortunately, these characters aren't considered "regional" so they'll look and act like symbols keys (comma, question mark etc.) and not like the letter keys.
    There is however the patch I mentioned earlier that can fix it, but I don't know when I'll be able to release it as a script, so it's really up to your decision.
    Thank you very very much for taking your time!
    What does it mean, when you say they act like comma, question mark and so on, I understand the button is more dark-grey from your images but are they fully usable, and can you use shift to make them capital and so on?
    I guess if there is no other problem it doesn't matter? Can you explain further?

Thanks!
    Thank you very very much for taking your time!
    What does it mean, when you say they act like comma, question mark and so on, I understand the button is more dark-grey from your images but are they fully usable, and can you use shift to make them capital and so on?
    I guess if there is no other problem it doesn't matter? Can you explain further?

Thanks!
    Except the background color and the fact that it doesn't changing in secondary mode, it's fully functional. If you don't mind it, I'll try to do it.
  8. JoQ
    Except the background color and the fact that it doesn't changing in secondary mode, it's fully functional. If you don't mind it, I'll try to do it.
    Please do try! Thanks once again!

This looks quite good! Fantastic work! It is unfortunate that reality dictates that a solution for the Bluetooth keyboard is likely out of reach for the moment. But progress is progress...

I look forward to the patch. Thanks a lot for the hard work.

As for the question broached earlier, I would probably be willing to pay roughly the cost of a modest app for Bluetooth Dvorak support.
    Last edited by hzhp422; 09/05/2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Forgot to say thanks...
    OK guys, here it is (The Dvorak and the Sweden):
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3134391
    Do with it whatever you want. You can donate if you wish.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  11. JoQ
    OK guys, here it is (The Dvorak and the Sweden):
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3134391
    Do with it whatever you want. You can donate if you wish.
    Wow thank you so much!
  12.    #32  
    Yes!
    Hi, is possible to make HP Touchpad keyboard layout for Czech language? with czech letters like č,ř,š, etc.? http://frontype.com/keyboard/Czech-keyboard.jpg
    i mean when i hold letter c, there is missing special character č etc... this is only problem
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    What is happening is basically, the LunaManager is reading the QMap files and generates the temp XML file. (As far as I understand)

I found tools that can convert KMap to QMap given by Qt SDK. KMap is the standard Linux keyboard layout that is text based. But, I didn't find anything that could the otherway around.
    What's the program you're using? I need to get a Swedish (or Finnish) layout to a bluetooth keyboard, so I'm thinking it might do the trick if I can just replace the US qmap-file with a SE one.
    I've described how to create a modified qmap with custom layout:

Touchpad Bluetooth Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    Thanks for the link! I needed to install qt4-dev-tools package and download
    qkbd_qws_p.h to the directory, but after that I managed to compile the kmap2qmap.

I created the swedish keymap, but got some symbol could not be parsed-errors while running the kmap2qmap.

Here's the full log.

Do you know if I can just ignore these, or can I do something to fix something
    Quote Originally Posted by naranek View Post
    Thanks for the link! I needed to install qt4-dev-tools package and download
    qkbd_qws_p.h to the directory, but after that I managed to compile the kmap2qmap.
    Thanks. I've fixed the kmap2qmap.cpp.

I created the swedish keymap, but got some symbol could not be parsed-errors while running the kmap2qmap.

Here's the full log.

Do you know if I can just ignore these, or can I do something to fix something
    You can ignore these messages. The keymap should work.
    Btw, your se.kmap is probably missing the special keys. You can find them in the us.kmap: 'Search' - 'Sleep'
    Great! I'm definitely making progress. I got the se keymap almost working. All the other keys seem to be in order, but & aren't working correctly. I get:
    => nothing
    => nothing
    => (upper case)
    => (lower case)

I tried exporting both fi and se layouts, but the result is the same. Any ideas or pointers?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast