1.    #1  
    TripThat - The Premier TripIt.com Client

Take the headache out of travelling with TripThat, the premier TripIt.com client for webOS. TripKit is like a digital secretary. It organizes all of your travel plans into one easy itinerary. Then, the whole thing is stored on your webOS device for easy access on the go (offline too!).

Do not want to create all this manually? No problem! Just forward your travel confirmation emails to the service and it does the hard work of building that itinerary for you. It does not matter where you booked it. If you are a frequent traveler, then stop reading and get this. Seriously, itís that good.

Want even more? If you have a TripIt Pro account, TripThat will pull in alternate flight suggestions, frequent flyer points, and even let you know when a flight is cancelled or running late. The next time you book travel simply TripThat & let your digital secretary take care of the rest!
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Reserved for future information.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Just bought and installed the app and love it so far. I am seeing one odd behavior. I've got two trips defined (created by sending confirmation emails to plans@tripit.com). When I view the trips, for each date I see multiple, duplicate weather entries - as many as 7 entries for each day. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Wade
    Wade,

First make sure you have the update from the app catalog. TripIt changed their API unexpectedly, so we had to modify the app to account for this change.

Then open the app and from the main screen, tap on "Trips". The just start typing "cleanloaddata" (no quotes). It will throw up a loading screen and refresh all of your trips. It basically just scraps all the local data and results everything from TripIt.

Let me know if this doesn't work.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    James, 'cleanloaddata' fixed it! Thanks for the quick response.

Wade
    No problem. We are trying to work out some backups in case they change the API without alerting us again. But we built in tools so we could "fix" data as needed.

Glad you are enjoying the app. If you get a chance, please be sure to leave a review. Let us know if you need anything.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Just got this app. It's awesome. I can' beleive tripit.com won't make it official! That doesn't make sense at all.

Anyway - thanks. Looking forward to updates. Biggest wish: integration of the app with the palm profile calendar. I know I can import from TripIt to my outlook or gmail calendar, but I have to go to the computer to do that. It'd be nice if I could do this right from the app itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by msprunck View Post
    Just got this app. It's awesome. I can' beleive tripit.com won't make it official! That doesn't make sense at all.
    You and me both...

Quote Originally Posted by msprunck View Post
    Anyway - thanks. Looking forward to updates. Biggest wish: integration of the app with the palm profile calendar. I know I can import from TripIt to my outlook or gmail calendar, but I have to go to the computer to do that. It'd be nice if I could do this right from the app itself.
    It's coming. We just have to do it for 1.4.5 and 2.0 all in the same vein. Makes things a lil bit more complicated.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    You and me both...

It's coming. We just have to do it for 1.4.5 and 2.0 all in the same vein. Makes things a lil bit more complicated.
    Will that feature just be for the Palm Profile calendar, or any calendar on our Pre?

Awesome app, I never used tripit before, but I love supporting webOS apps and this app totally turned me on to their service. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Will that feature just be for the Palm Profile calendar, or any calendar on our Pre?

Awesome app, I never used tripit before, but I love supporting webOS apps and this app totally turned me on to their service. Thanks!
    It will be for the Palm Calendar only. But, that is a central repository for all things like this. Most apps just integrate with this to push/pull data as needed. We will be unable to integrate directly with other apps unless we work with them to enable this.

It's tricky since 1.4.5 and 2.0 work so differently in this regard and the features that it presents.

Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
    - James Harris

Author of:

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    It will be for the Palm Calendar only. It's tricky since 1.4.5 and 2.0 work so differently in this regard and the features that it presents.

Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
    Great - It'll be a fantastic function for this app. Looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wamiller View Post
    James, 'cleanloaddata' fixed it! Thanks for the quick response.

Wade
    I find I'm having to type this every time I open Tripthat - it seems to reload the weather data every time and builds up a little stack of weather icons until I force the clean load.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    I find I'm having to type this every time I open Tripthat - it seems to reload the weather data every time and builds up a little stack of weather icons until I force the clean load.
    Did you get the update from the app catalog which stops the weather data issue?
    - James Harris

Author of:

Did you get the update from the app catalog which stops the weather data issue?
    I'm on V0.3.19 and not showing any updates in the UK App cat.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Now on 0.3.20 and STILL getting multiple weather entries.
    I'm sorry, I somehow missed your previous post.

Have you tried typing "cleanloaddata" from the trips view (just start typing)? That should clear it up.

If not, please share the trip with me at erupnu@gmail.com so I can investigate. Please email me as well if this does not clear up so we can work on solving this.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have been using TripThat and in its present and beta forms from almost its beginning and it has been working properly. Recently it recognizes me when I open it on my original (Sprint) Pre, but will not load any trip data or frequent traveler data even though I have several past and future trips on my TripIt Pro account.
    Sprint Pre user since June 2009. Previously a long time Treo user (600, 650, 700p and 755p). Will probably be changing to Android or iPhone if Sprint does not offer Pre3.
    Hi there! I just bought TripThat for my Palm Pre (webOS 1.4.5) and I am trying to log in to my TripIt web account... I tap on the "do you have an account, sign in", then I enter my website username and password, tap on "Allow" and boom! I am redirected to an iGoogle page. What's going on? Do I have to create a new account from the device?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbroc View Post
    Hi there! I just bought TripThat for my Palm Pre (webOS 1.4.5) and I am trying to log in to my TripIt web account... I tap on the "do you have an account, sign in", then I enter my website username and password, tap on "Allow" and boom! I am redirected to an iGoogle page. What's going on? Do I have to create a new account from the device?

Thanks in advance.
    I had to reinstall the app in my pre 3 recently and I got the same problem described above.
    Could you please let us know if the app is now officially abandoned?

Thx in advance.