1.    #1  
    YouView now supports Google Voice! Follow these instructions to setup YouView for Google Voice.

1. Get YouView from the Official App Catalog. (LINK)

2. Setup YouView for your WebOs phone.

3. Log into your Google Voice account and add {Your-YouMail-Account-Phone-Number}@my.youmail.com to your Google Voice account.

4. Google will send an authorization email which will be forwarded to the email you setup with YouMail. Remember to check your Spam folder if you don't see it. RECENT REPORTS TELL US THAT YOU CANNOT USE YOUR GMAIL ADDRESS FOR THIS PART. USE AN ALTERNATIVE EMAIL (IN YOUMAIL) AND YOU CAN CHANGE IT BACK ONCE EVERYTHING IS SETUP.

5. Click the link in the email to authorize Google to send information to that address.

6. Log back into your Google Voice account and tell Google to send email notification to your my.youmail.com address.

7. You should now be setup. Time for a test call. Leave a voicemail on your Google Voice account, log into YouMail and verify you see the voicemail there.

8. In the app menu for YouView, select "Preference". In the preferences turn ON the "Auto Download Voicemails". This will ensure proper playback of Google Voice messages and WebOs sometimes struggles to stream mp3 formated audio.

9. Congratulations, you are now all setup. Your Google Voice messages will now look like regular voicemails to YouView.
    Last edited by Arcticus; 06/25/2010 at 12:19 PM.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Does it work with Google Voice's transcriptions?

I love GV transcriptions but the YouMail website is superior to Google Voice . The only way I'd pick GV over YM would be free transciptions, which I am currently paying for.

Thanks!
    gah. not available in canada. i feel sad.
    Groovy. Just installed the app a few days ago. I wonder if it can work with multiple Google Voice numbers...

I gather there is a version update for this, yes? Even if no, will there be a new version update soon?
    yes it will work you just have to setup your email to go to youmail.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Where on Google Voice do I add {Your-YouMail-Account-Phone-Number}@my.youmail.com?

EDIT: I figured it out. You enter it for Voicemail Notifications.
    Last edited by k91191; 09/01/2010 at 09:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Is there any way to have my google voice calls go to this app, while still having the original email sent to me? I ask because the emails come a lot quicker and contain the whole transcript. Possible?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    Does it work with Google Voice's transcriptions?

I love GV transcriptions but the YouMail website is superior to Google Voice . The only way I'd pick GV over YM would be free transciptions, which I am currently paying for.

Thanks!
    bump for answer
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    You can send your voice mails to Youmail/YouView from Google Voice, but as far as transcription goes, you only get the first 60 or so characters transcribed within Youmail/YouView, and that's the first 60 characters of the Google Voice transcription service, which is poor in my opinion. You can still get the text from Google Voice even though you are forwarding the voice to Youmail/YouView.

And another thing, you cannot control your Google Voice within Youmail/YouView, if you delete a voice mail there, you still have to go into Google Voice to delete it there.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    What exactly do you need to do to get the verification email to go to your my.youmail.com account? I sent the verification email probably 100 times. I think im missing something....

help?