Page 1 of 78 1234561151 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    YouView is a visual voicemail client that is powered by YouMail for WebOs devices.

Featuring:

• Completely visual - see who called, from where, and even their picture.

• You can still dial in like before (if you feel the need!).

• Return the phone call with a simple tap of your finger.

• Flag voicemails that need followed up so you don’t forget.

• Save time – Play messages in any order! Tap to play or swipe to delete.

• Organize – Stay organized by placing voicemails into folders.

• Voice-To-Text Transcriptions - Know if a message truly is urgent in situations when you can't simply dial or answer your phone. Read and respond to voicemail messages while in a meeting, class, movie or other busy setting.

• Custom Greetings - Easily have different greetings for your sweetie, your friends, your co-workers and your boss. Choose from a library of free greetings or upload any sound file as a greeting.

• Share voicemails with family, friends, or colleagues via text or email.

• Automatically hang up on unwanted callers before they can leave a voicemail.

• Easily let a pesky ex or telemarketers think your number is no longer in service.

• Effortlessly sync your YouMail contacts with your phones contact list using Palm’s Synergy technology.

Known Issues

• Contacts can be slow to sync on initial install.

• Updating a contact will not work from the app a server side error needs fixed.

• Some large photos cannot be used as avatars for contacts.

• Sorry NO you cannot play audio out the ear piece. It sucks I know but this is a Palm issue nothing we can do

• YouView runs in the background and checks every 5 min for new voice-mails, so you might get an email or text from YouMail before we detect the new message.
    Last edited by Arcticus; 02/17/2011 at 12:05 AM.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Rnp likes this.
    so where is the app
    where is the app?
    its coming in beta on monday 11/30/09 if you signed up last week
    I signed up for the beta and never got anything... no email to even say I signed up... did i do it wrong somehow?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    I signed up for the beta and never got anything... no email to even say I signed up... did i do it wrong somehow?
    Many people did not include the "YouMail Beta Signup" string in their signup so we had to process them manually. Don't worry everyone will receive a confirmation email on Monday.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

I love the interface...looking great so far folks! Kudos! Download and installation went flawlessly...

Scott
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Setting up now. Awesome. I really missed this since my instinct.
    Downloaded and installed no problem. Here is an issue with the interface...

The bottom of the list part is pushed too far to the right so I can't push the "settings cog." Also, the Text button next to the phone icon does nothing.

"Contacts and functions depending on contacts support has not been implemented yet."
    Is this the cause of the contacts button doing nothing at the moment?

Looks so good right now. I am very excited to be a part of the testing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jedwardmiller View Post
    Downloaded and installed no problem. Here is an issue with the interface...

The bottom of the list part is pushed too far to the right so I can't push the "settings cog." Also, the Text button next to the phone icon does nothing.

"Contacts and functions depending on contacts support has not been implemented yet."
    Is this the cause of the contacts button doing nothing at the moment?

Looks so good right now. I am very excited to be a part of the testing.
    Ok it looks like the folder name is doing that, question is now is that voicemail in your trash or a custom folder?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Interface looks great! A few pointers to the developer to things I would like to see regarding the current interface:

Clicking the picture icon on the left side would bring you to a card of the contact itself.
    When the ability to Email back the contact, give the option in a dropdown list (such as clicking the folder to give you options) for which email to choose from.

What is the number affiliated with? (I get a 7 digit number beginning with 221 with the voicemail message).

This is exciting though! It provides enough use as it is to completely ditch the Sprint Voicemail! Great work!
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I agree with Jed above. Also, a few other things I noticed

There is about a 3-10 minute delay before the notification comes across on the app.

Will there be an ability to scroll during a message? I started playing a message, but could not scroll while the message was playing.

The interface seems slick and easy to use. However, the icons are small and fairly close together. Is it possible to space them out a bit more?

One other thing. Is it possible to show how long a message a person leaves? in the text and email youmail sends, it shows how long in seconds the message is.

Still testing. Seems pretty solid.

Thanks for the chance to test it out
  13.    #13  
    Yes we can add how long a message is. We weren't sure if that info was important to the user. Seems it is, so no prob.

It is our intent to do exactly what you said regarding taping the picture icon. Tapping it would bring up that contacts card.

Icon spacing can be improved, right now they are set to the minimum 28 x 28 pixels. Our concern is number of voice-mails visible on the screen at a time, especially for pixie users. Thoughts?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Guess I can edit this now since.. nvmd.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Icon spacing can be improved, right now they are set to the minimum 28 x 28 pixels. Our concern is number of voice-mails visible on the screen at a time, especially for pixie users. Thoughts?
    Perhaps only a menu icon with a dropdown listing other options?
    Ok,
    I can see a volume icon below the message, but I guess it's also disabled?
    The volume of the message was lower than I would like.
    so far I like how it looks and works, I don't like the ad in the
    text it sent me though....
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I don't like the ad in the
    Yeah. Me neither but I beleive that is an option you can opt out at youmail.com.
    one more thing...
    is there a way to have a link in the text that I recieve to open the youmail app???
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Ok,
    I can see a volume icon below the message, but I guess it's also disabled?
    The volume of the message was lower than I would like.
    so far I like how it looks and works, I don't like the ad in the
    Actually thats not a volumn icon its a priority icon that we are going to redo/remove.

Volume is low since it plays out the speaker and not the ear piece currently (Palm limitation) and we wanted it to be discrete.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

ok, can a volume level adjustment be put in as a menu option?
Page 1 of 78 1234561151 ... LastLast