Page 9 of 78 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    First day with 0.1.16 was great! I received all notifications very quickly, and all of my transcriptions came through to the app. I had problems with that in past versions. One thing that seemed slightly different was the length of screen touch required to get the voicemails to play. It isn't an issue. Just an adjustment. Keep up the good work!
  2.    #162  
    New build out 0.1.17 You must delete YouView before installing this version it is very important otherwise not the db will be corrupted.

Found an interesting memory leak in the Palm software that ironically enough only got worst when you didn't use your phone LOL. Put in a fix so we shall see how it effects performance.

Began framework for contacts synergy! If you open your contacts and then preferences & accounts you should see a YouView account. It has one contact ME! This is a hardcoded contact so no contact sync yet but its coming.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Just received invite and installed 0.1.17, as a beta this is very slick, pulled all existing voice to app, sound great.

Thanks Lee
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    New build out 0.1.17
    Installed this morning, getting lots of vm today, so far YouView is working as expected. Noticed the new Synergy account & contact.

I've never noticed any problems in regards to a memory leak, but I usually don't leave a whole lot of cards open.

Also noticed a new flag icon at the far left.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    New build out 0.1.17
    I dont know if this is a result of this new build but since installing this version app only delays EXACTLY 10min for notification as oposed to previous 30min with 0.1.16.

Awesome Job! Keep up the good work!!

(yes, i know app polls every 5 minutes but I have yet to receive a notification from the app within 5minutes of a VM being left. Even with earlier versions. But were getting closer)
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    New build out 0.1.17 You must delete YouView before installing this version it is very important otherwise not the db will be corrupted.

Found an interesting memory leak in the Palm software that ironically enough only got worst when you didn't use your phone LOL. Put in a fix so we shall see how it effects performance.

Began framework for contacts synergy! If you open your contacts and then preferences & accounts you should see a YouView account. It has one contact ME! This is a hardcoded contact so no contact sync yet but its coming.
    I still have random messages that don't include the transcription. It happens maybe once out of every 5 messages.
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by reissc1 View Post
    I still have random messages that don't include the transcription. It happens maybe once out of every 5 messages.
    I wonder if it has to do with the randomness of checking for new vm's. Maybe the transcription isn't available when we check. Have to investigate.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I wonder if it has to do with the randomness of checking for new vm's. Maybe the transcription isn't available when we check. Have to investigate.
    I think you may be right. I will have to pay closer attention to it, but I think each time it didn't work, I had received the youview notification before the second text which includes the transcription. I guess if youview searches for new messages between getting the message and having it transcribed, it shows up on the app without the transcription. The problem is once it shows up in the app it doesn't recheck to see if a transcription has been added. So, you never get the transcription.
  9.    #169  
    Well we hit the big 0.2.1 release . Contacts from your YouMail account should show up in your contacts now. Also one way contacts sync from YouMail to phone has been implemented.

Folder changes now sync from the server to the phone.

Need to look into the issue reissc1 has described.

Contacts are synced whenever you launch the app or when you hit the contacts button.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

nice. work.
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Just installed latest. Still running flawless. Even found voicemail my last version had not relayed. And it was hours ago that I got some of those voicemails.

Awesome work you and your team are doing on this app. The constant updates proves you guys are dedicated to this project! Thank you!
    Working flawless here as well with new 0.2.1. Just for fun I'm not answering my phone. Not having any notification issues at all, they seem almost instant, I guess I'm just at the five minute mark all the time.
  13.    #173  
    Posted new build 0.2.11, should fix notifications causing the app the crash

If you want the details see the Google Wave
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I would check the wave if I have an invite...hint, hint ;-)

Notifications seem to be working better for me with latest build. Need more time to confirm but seems to be an improvement.

Also...every time I reinstall the new release all of my old deleted voice mails show up again. Are they not removed from the server when I delete them on the phone?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 12/12/2009 at 10:12 AM.
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I would check the wave if I have an invite...hint, hint ;-)

Notifications seem to be working better for me with latest build. Need more time to confirm but seems to be an improvement.

Also...every time I reinstall the new release all of my old deleted voice mails show up again. Are they not removed from the server when I delete them on the phone?
    Sent invite, up to Google now to deliver it
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    What v0.2.12 do?

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  17.    #177  
    You guys don't miss a beat I like it! 0.2.12 doesn't add any new features. It simply cleans up the mess we made in 0.2.1 lol. 0.2.11 patched it and now we believe we fixed it.

reiscc1 check transcriptions, if its not there do a manual refresh once you get the transcription txt and it should be there. This will be an automated process in the future, but want to confirm this work.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    You guys don't miss a beat I like it! 0.2.12 doesn't add any new features. It simply cleans up the mess we made in 0.2.1 lol. 0.2.11 patched it and now we believe we fixed it.

reiscc1 check transcriptions, if its not there do a manual refresh once you get the transcription txt and it should be there. This will be an automated process in the future, but want to confirm this work.
    geez, Can I at least install 0.2.11 before 0.2.12 gets out. Wow. Just installed. Nice progress. This app has really come a long way. I am loving the updates.
    I just saw a post about YouMail. Any chance i can get in on the Beta App?
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    @ Veritas06

Here is the signup link (actually a link that takes you to the link lol)

http://forums.precentral.net/syntact...am-signup.html

@Arcticus

I noticed that if I tap the contact to play the message, and tap again, the scrubber disappears, but the message continues. I had a long message and I tap the contact to start playback of the message, but I was impatient, and the Pre did not play the message fast enough, so I hit the contact again. The progress bar appeared and then it disappeared, but the message continued to play. There was no way to pause the message or stop, besides closing the app. I did it twice and was easily able to produce it. Not a major issue, but is a minor annoyance, since at the time, I wanted to pause the message and could.