Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Contacts synergy has never worked for me, but obviously something is happening here. Maybe I'm not doing it right? Nothing shows up and I have more numbers than 6.

VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Contacts synergy has never worked for me, but obviously something is happening here. Maybe I'm not doing it right? Nothing shows up and I have more numbers than 6.

Yeah thats my problem as well. I emailed youmail and just heard back yesterday:

We currently recommend turning contact syncing off and managing your contacts via the web interface at Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail

Contact syncing is a beta function due to limitations in the current versions of webOS that cause it to work good for some and not so good for others.

Greg Hrebek
    Crazy...I got this app toward the end of 09...it was in beta....yet the contacts DID show up. A year and a half later, and they have gone backwards?? I love this app...but this sucks.
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Ok, the veil is FINALLY removed on the 2.0 SDK NDA! Can we now talk Synergy and 2.x version plans?

Edit: False wording on the PreCentral article but Richard Kerris did say it would be lifted THIS week and tomorrow's the last day..

Edit2: Okay, it's now official. 2.1 SDK now available with no NDA.. Let's please talk Synergy.
    Last edited by volcom45; 03/18/2011 at 06:37 PM.
    Yeah...I was able to sync contacts til I updated to 2.1...also smart greeting doesnt work unless you have contacts listed. Even my VMs aren't coming in all the time. Lastly, I have blocked/private #s set to "number disc.", also not working...I'm bummed
    cuz I get lots of creditor calls...lol. Hopefully I can get these features back with an update...I did pay for the app., but not for this version of WebOS...
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Yeah...I was able to sync contacts til I updated to 2.1...also smart greeting doesnt work unless you have contacts listed. Even my VMs aren't coming in all the time. Lastly, I have blocked/private #s set to "number disc.", also not working...I'm bummed
    cuz I get lots of creditor calls...lol. Hopefully I can get these features back with an update...I did pay for the app., but not for this version of WebOS...

unrelated but i have a simular problem -- make a contact and lable it something like do not answer then make a silent ring tone and assign it to the contact if you use sconix's patches there is a setting for each contact and you can set it to send this contact directly to voicemail - then add new numbers to the contact as they come in

just sayin
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Not getting any voicemails now either...is it time to uninstall this or what? Pretty bummed cuz I really ned the features...anyone else not even getting VIs now? Any way to fix that issue?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Not getting any voicemails now either...is it time to uninstall this or what? Pretty bummed cuz I really ned the features...anyone else not even getting VIs now? Any way to fix that issue?
    For me, I always had to open the app after rebooting or it wouldn't work
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    opening the app after a reboot is a must -- my phone will not look for new messages if you do not open it and let it fully load at least once after a reboot -- if you are still having issues then un-install and re-install this should fix
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    So is today's news the root of all the recent Sprint Youmail issues? Sprint was/is getting ready for the GoogleVoice transition...
    Last edited by Mannyman; 03/21/2011 at 11:28 PM. Reason: punctuation
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    So is today's news the root of all the recent Sprint Youmail issues? Sprint was/is getting ready for the GoogleVoice transition...
    what news?
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Rob, the news is there is an issue with Sprint and YouMail, AND Sprint announced a plan for deep integration with Google Voice for all phones.

I am having to discontinue use of YouMail and YouView because of the Sprint/YouMail issues, tried the work arounds, yet people cannot leave me a message.

I am moving totally with Google Voice and plan to use Voogle. Perhaps soon YouMail and Sprint will fix the issues and I can come back.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Rob, the news is there is an issue with Sprint and YouMail, AND Sprint announced a plan for deep integration with Google Voice for all phones.

I am having to discontinue use of YouMail and YouView because of the Sprint/YouMail issues, tried the work arounds, yet people cannot leave me a message.

I am moving totally with Google Voice and plan to use Voogle. Perhaps soon YouMail and Sprint will fix the issues and I can come back.
    oh sorry to hear that -- i use verizon and google mail and then forward to youview to get a good app on webos. I googled youmail and news and youview and youmail and google voice and i could not find any news so i asked the question. is this an issue with youview or youmail? why would it be only on sprint? would the google voice forwarded to youview work for you? i have my work blackberry using a youmail app and my palm using youview. i have both numbers forwarded to a google voice account which then sends a text to youmail -- it sounds complicated but it is not and whenever i miss a call and get a voicemail on either phone they both indicate the message.. very handy -- wish your solution worked for you. if i can help you set anything up PM me -- i am byu not means an expert but willing to help if i can. voogle is not a viable solution either --for me as i cannot listen to my voicemails -- on the pre. the only issue i have right now is that i have to remember to open youview every morning or i won't recieve notifications during the day ( auto reset each night causes this) -- good luck

you know what my work phone is a blackberry on nextel / sprint and the notification app works fine on it --??
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Is it a known bug that YouMail doesn't work after a phone restart? It only works if the app is opened after a restart.
    Yes, this has always been an issue for me with the app, I think I even asked mamouton to make a patch for it. I ended up just enabling the email notifications, since I have those on As It Arrives.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  14.    #1495  
    Hey guys, sorry was away for the weekend.

The Sprint YouMail issue may have been due to the Google Voice integration not sure. Basically from what I understand the issue was the OCN data not getting forwarded properly to YouMail with certain access numbers. Here is the link to the YouMail support thread for the issue CLICK HERE. You will see in that thread that they recommend using 760.658.5793 as the access number.

As far as notifications go, background apps work by setting a one-shot alarm. The problem is that when the alarm fires the system sometimes gives it the to many cards error and so the alarm never gets reset.

Another problem is sometimes the system just corrupts the alarm (similar to how it can just "eats" cookies).

An alarm is suppose to be maintained through a reboot, but that often seems to one of the corruption causes.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yes, this has always been an issue for me with the app, I think I even asked mamouton to make a patch for it. I ended up just enabling the email notifications, since I have those on As It Arrives.
    I used ModeSwitcher to launch YouMail on Luna boot with 1.4.5, now I use Preset Reset to launch it every morning before I wake up
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

I'm gonna bump this for the dev

Any ideas?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    I'm gonna bump this for the dev

Any ideas?
    What the dev needs to do is utilize the new Synergy options in the 2.1 SDK which is out and not under NDA. Could we please hear an update on 2.x intentions of this app now that it's safe to talk about plans?
    Thanks,
  18.    #1499  
    Actually the new "Synergy" stuff is not in 2.1 and probably won't be till 3.0 because it is still changing and now that legacy devices are not getting 2.x. All that is in 2.x is the new data formating.

We have to continue to stress that you should leave contact syncing off in the app and manage contacts via the web interface at Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail. We only leave the feature in as limited as it is since it does seem to work for some and they find it useful.

We are debating a lot of options currently on how to handle this feature, especially on how dynamic the Synergy stuff currently is. I will keep you posted.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Hey Arcticus, whats new in the update that landed this morning?
    Thanks,