Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 246469707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
    Hey articus, anybody from palm/hp ever tell you WHY they won't give out the earpiece api???

Sent from my Evo - so there!
    So I guess contact syncing doesn't work? When I get voicemails it lists all incoming numbers as my name for some reason. Not sure how to fix that either.
  3.    #1463  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    installed on a verizon pre 2 and notifications are hit and miss -- is there something i can look for?
    Do a fresh install and shoot us an email.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  4.    #1464  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Hey articus, anybody from palm/hp ever tell you WHY they won't give out the earpiece api???

Sent from my Evo - so there!
    No they haven't. Now speculation based on api information from the webos-internals wiki is that sound can be routed to one or the other not both. So when you tell the phone to use the ear piece, all sound goes to it until the call is made to revert back. So there is some danger then if an app routes sound to the ear piece but then never releases it back then your stuck in this mode.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

5.    #1465  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    So I guess contact syncing doesn't work? When I get voicemails it lists all incoming numbers as my name for some reason. Not sure how to fix that either.
    Check your contacts list at Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail and also you may be having a weird side effect of the 10-digit caller issue. Shoot us an email with your carrier and we will reply back with some things to try.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Has an update to YouView been released to utilize the webOS 2.x synergy yet? I haven't had it installed for a little while.
    Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Do a fresh install and shoot us an email.
    a fresh install has made it work great -it is working great on my pre 2

thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  8.    #1468  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Has an update to YouView been released to utilize the webOS 2.x synergy yet? I haven't had it installed for a little while.
    Thanks,
    Since 2.0 SDK is still under NDA I can not comment on this sorry.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Since 2.0 SDK is still under NDA I can not comment on this sorry.
    Haha, I love this answer.. Just beautiful that Palm still has an NDA on an SDK for an OS thats been shipping in production since Oct, 2010. Go Palm! So you aren't even able to say if you've released an update for 2.x devices?
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Haha, I love this answer.. Just beautiful that Palm still has an NDA on an SDK for an OS thats been shipping in production since Oct, 2010. Go Palm! So you aren't even able to say if you've released an update for 2.x devices?
    i love this app -- i use it everyday -- i forward google to youmail and i have my work phone any my personal phone sharing a google voice account -- all works really cool and this is because of the help of this developer... that being said +1 on the fact that a stupid NDA is making good people look stupid
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  11.    #1471  
    Quote Originally Posted by lespedeza View Post
    VMs still haven't sorted themselves out. They're still out of order after doing several more resyncs. They download in two batches, first batch in normal sort order, second batch in reverse sort. Any ideas?
    Good News! Found the issue over on YouMails side. We will have a fix out to Palm tonight.

Can you confirm if you're on a Pre 2 or webOS 2.X?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Good News! Found the issue over on YouMails side. We will have a fix out to Palm tonight.

Can you confirm if you're on a Pre 2 or webOS 2.X?
    Thanks Arcticus for the follow-up. Glad you found the problem. I'm actually on a Pre Plus with 1.4.5. Let me know if you need more details. Thanks again.
    Hi! I sent youmail an email...but thought I'd post this here in case anyone else is having trouble.

My contacts are not showing up in the app. They are on the website profile, but my contacts page in the app is blank...and for the most part so are my messages..though they popped in earlier after a reinstall.

I have tried deleting them all and redoing them both in the app, and online. When I 'sync' contacts, the little notification bar at the bottom says "Syncing Contacts" forever..no change...no contacts..

I'm on a sprint pre-, vers 2.1 ...it was doing the same on 1.4.5..

..and though it shouldn't matter, I did the *fix* for that other issue..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Thanks Arcticus for the follow-up. Glad you found the problem. I'm actually on a Pre Plus with 1.4.5. Let me know if you need more details. Thanks again.
    Hate to be the bearer of more issues, but I installed the latest update (0.7.21), resynced my account, and despite everything looking to be in correct chrono order, all messages have same timestamp of Dec. 31, 1969 700 pm. Any ideas? Since it seems I'm the only one with issues, should we try and figure this out via PM or email? Thanks.
  15.    #1475  
    Hate to be the bearer of more issues, but I installed the latest update (0.7.21), resynced my account, and despite everything looking to be in correct chrono order, all messages have same timestamp of Dec. 31, 1969 700 pm. Any ideas? Since it seems I'm the only one with issues, should we try and figure this out via PM or email? Thanks.
    Whoops LOL PM me your email and at the very least I can send you a test ipk.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Same

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  17.    #1477  
    Looks like we broke timestamps in the last release. V4 of the API uses UTC while V3 uses a Date object. Verifying test build now.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

18.    #1478  
    Fix submitted to App Catalog
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Is it a known bug that YouMail doesn't work after a phone restart? It only works if the app is opened after a restart.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Is it a known bug that YouMail doesn't work after a phone restart? It only works if the app is opened after a restart.
    I didn't know this.. I have text alerts on.. And listen to my vm after.. Thanks for this!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums