Page 73 of 78 FirstFirst ... 23636869707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1441  
    Quote Originally Posted by lespedeza View Post
    I have a similar problem, but with some added quirks. I've resynced my account several times, I've uninstalled YouView and reinstalled it, I've rebooted phone, etc. But I'm still seeing some issues. When I first resync, it'll get 52 messages (dated up until 1/25/2011) when it should download 72 messages. These 52 messages are in normal sort (i.e. newest to oldest from top to bottom). Then about five minutes later, the app tells me there are 20 more new messages (from 1/16/2011 to today). These 20 new messages get slipped in starting at third message down, but are in reverse sort order. If I get a new message it will show up at the top, but if I do another resync, the same behavior occurs as described above.

    Any ideas?

    The only odd thing about my situation is that I was in a different time zone (+6 hours) for 2+ weeks and using the app over wifi. Could this influence the timestamps that the app stores in its db? The split point between the two groups of voicemail downloads described above corresponds with when I was in a different time zone.

    Thanks.
    Interesting... YouMail gives us all times relative to PST/PDT. We query the device for your current timezone and then convert it. However, it looks like there is a bug that if your current timezone is outside the US it will resort to GMT, will update that in the next release.

    Not sure if that would cause the issue you describe but is somewhere to start...

    Could you redo the sync now that your back and in your normal timezone?
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  2.    #1442  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    This app is DEEPLY flawed on webOS. Nearly all the calls i get don't give me a notification that the caller left a voice mail. After someone calls, I have to open up the app and manually retrieve new voice mails. I have the settings to show notifications when a voice mail is left but it almost never works. It used to work when I first downloaded it but has since gone to hell.
    webOS has a known issue where background apps can stop working. Sprint Pre's are the most susceptible as they have the lower RAM. Also YouMail is having some issues talking with Sprint at the moment. They are working to resolve them and it seems the new access numbers help dramatically.

    So far the only people that have reported the delay in receiving messages (when doing a manual check) were also affected by 10-digit number issues (which requires the new access number).

    We are looking into things and working with YouMail to get things straighted out.
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  3. #1443  
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Interesting... YouMail gives us all times relative to PST/PDT. We query the device for your current timezone and then convert it. However, it looks like there is a bug that if your current timezone is outside the US it will resort to GMT, will update that in the next release.

    Not sure if that would cause the issue you describe but is somewhere to start...

    Could you redo the sync now that your back and in your normal timezone?
    All of my attempts at fixing things that I mentioned in prior post were done in my normal timezone. I can try resyncing again, but I'm pretty sure I'll get the same results. I've resynced at least 4-5 times in my normal timezone and the results are consistent as I previously described.

    Just in case this matters, everything on youmail website shows up fine, i.e. messages are sorted correctly according to timestamp. So I'm thinking the associated timestamps on the device are incorrect. I have no idea how the app does things, but this seems logical to me. Is there a way to clear out the YouView db on the device. Uninstalling app and reinstalling didn't seem to help at all.

    Thanks for your attention to this matter.
  4.    #1444  
    Quote Originally Posted by lespedeza View Post
    All of my attempts at fixing things that I mentioned in prior post were done in my normal timezone. I can try resyncing again, but I'm pretty sure I'll get the same results. I've resynced at least 4-5 times in my normal timezone and the results are consistent as I previously described.

    Just in case this matters, everything on youmail website shows up fine, i.e. messages are sorted correctly according to timestamp. So I'm thinking the associated timestamps on the device are incorrect. I have no idea how the app does things, but this seems logical to me. Is there a way to clear out the YouView db on the device. Uninstalling app and reinstalling didn't seem to help at all.

    Thanks for your attention to this matter.
    Doing the resync does just that we blow away the DB and redownload all your voicemails from YouMail. So one of two things are going on, something in our timezone adjustment or we are getting bogus timestamps from YouMail. What timezone are you in?
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  5.    #1445  
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Doing the resync does just that we blow away the DB and redownload all your voicemails from YouMail. So one of two things are going on, something in our timezone adjustment or we are getting bogus timestamps from YouMail. What timezone are you in?
    The interesting thing is that this is new, that section of code hasn't been touched for a really long time...
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  6. #1446  
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Doing the resync does just that we blow away the DB and redownload all your voicemails from YouMail. So one of two things are going on, something in our timezone adjustment or we are getting bogus timestamps from YouMail. What timezone are you in?
    Okay, thanks for explanation regarding DB. I'm in eastern time zone now, but was in central european previously. Also, the weird thing is I've been back in eastern time zone for three weeks now and this morning is the first time I've noticed the problem. Is there a way to view the DB so that we can see what info YouMail is sending us? (edit...see below)

    I've looked at the db and most of the timestamps stored in the db seem to be right. The only thing I've noticed is that any timestamp in 12PM shows up as 12AM in the app.

    I've tried several other things, but nothing seems to fix it. I deleted any message that I received while outside of my normal time zone; doesn't help at all (didn't expect it to).

    I've manually deleted the db from /var/palm/data/... and sometimes this will cause all messages to download at once instead of in the two batches (like before), but they still show up in reverse order.

    Does the app do the sorting or do you rely on YouMail to give you the info in chronological order? From looking at db, it appears that app displays items in the order that they're stored in the db.

    Any other ideas?
    Last edited by lespedeza; 02/28/2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: add'l info
  7. #1447  
    How do I delete YouMail and set it so my voicemails are routed through Sprint again? I tried deleting the app and calling my phone but it was still tied to YouMail. I just want the old, dial into Sprint to retrieve my voicemails back.
  8. JimHuff's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #1448  
    It's done at the YouMail account level not within the app. Go to your YouMail account and you'll find the instructions you need.

    Edit: On you phone's dialpad, just press *38 [enter]

    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    How do I delete YouMail and set it so my voicemails are routed through Sprint again? I tried deleting the app and calling my phone but it was still tied to YouMail. I just want the old, dial into Sprint to retrieve my voicemails back.
    Last edited by jimhuff; 03/01/2011 at 04:21 PM.
    FrankenPre2!!!
  9. #1449  
    Does youview work with the ATT Pre 2?
  10.    #1450  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Does youview work with the ATT Pre 2?
    Yes it does.
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  11.    #1451  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    How do I delete YouMail and set it so my voicemails are routed through Sprint again? I tried deleting the app and calling my phone but it was still tied to YouMail. I just want the old, dial into Sprint to retrieve my voicemails back.
    *38 is Sprint's deactivation code.
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  12. #1452  
    I just want to say I have been using YouView for quite a while and really like it. It give me a text when I have a voice mail and it's easier than dialing and listening to my voicemail. Might not be perfect, but it's a nice app.
  13.    #1453  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I just want to say I have been using YouView for quite a while and really like it. It give me a text when I have a voice mail and it's easier than dialing and listening to my voicemail. Might not be perfect, but it's a nice app.
    Thank you very much, don't forget to give us a glowing review in the app catalog also
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  14. #1454  
    On this page: Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

    I see the following quote:

    *COMING SOON* Effortlessly sync your YouMail contacts with your phones contact list using Palm’s Synergy technology.
    What does this mean today? How soon is this going to be resolved?
  15.    #1455  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    On this page: Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

    I see the following quote:



    What does this mean today? How soon is this going to be resolved?
    Palm is re-writing Synergy and there is no word on when it will be ready beyond "the coming months". Once it is ready we will integrate to it. Originally the new Synergy platform was going to be ready for 2.0 but as you know things have changed.
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  16. nethan's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #1456  
    I've switched over to YouMail only (instead of GV forwarding an email to Youmail) and so far it seems to be working. I had to reset the access numbers due to Sprint messing things up, but other than that, no problems... mostly.

    There have been several times recently where I don't get any notification of a new voicemail. This isn't a big problem normally as if I have a missed call I get that notification and then go check my Youmail manually. However, if my phone is turned off and somebody calls and leaves a message, I have no idea that I ever missed a call and have a voicemail waiting for me. Any idea why the YouView notifications aren't consistent?

    Also, did Palm open up the ear piece speaker in the 2.0 API? That's my single biggest gripe (which I know you have no control over) with the app right now.
  17. #1457  
    Quote Originally Posted by lespedeza View Post
    Okay, thanks for explanation regarding DB. I'm in eastern time zone now, but was in central european previously. Also, the weird thing is I've been back in eastern time zone for three weeks now and this morning is the first time I've noticed the problem. Is there a way to view the DB so that we can see what info YouMail is sending us? (edit...see below)

    I've looked at the db and most of the timestamps stored in the db seem to be right. The only thing I've noticed is that any timestamp in 12PM shows up as 12AM in the app.

    I've tried several other things, but nothing seems to fix it. I deleted any message that I received while outside of my normal time zone; doesn't help at all (didn't expect it to).

    I've manually deleted the db from /var/palm/data/... and sometimes this will cause all messages to download at once instead of in the two batches (like before), but they still show up in reverse order.

    Does the app do the sorting or do you rely on YouMail to give you the info in chronological order? From looking at db, it appears that app displays items in the order that they're stored in the db.

    Any other ideas?
    VMs still haven't sorted themselves out. They're still out of order after doing several more resyncs. They download in two batches, first batch in normal sort order, second batch in reverse sort. Any ideas?
  18.    #1458  
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    I've switched over to YouMail only (instead of GV forwarding an email to Youmail) and so far it seems to be working. I had to reset the access numbers due to Sprint messing things up, but other than that, no problems... mostly.

    There have been several times recently where I don't get any notification of a new voicemail. This isn't a big problem normally as if I have a missed call I get that notification and then go check my Youmail manually. However, if my phone is turned off and somebody calls and leaves a message, I have no idea that I ever missed a call and have a voicemail waiting for me. Any idea why the YouView notifications aren't consistent?

    Also, did Palm open up the ear piece speaker in the 2.0 API? That's my single biggest gripe (which I know you have no control over) with the app right now.
    Can't comment on 2.0 specifically but I can say that I wouldn't expect the ear piece issue to be resolved in the near future.

    The notification issue you describe is a known issue in webOS. Without going into the detail you can have YouMail send you a text or email everytime someone leaves you a message in addition to the missed call one you have setup now.
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  19.    #1459  
    Quote Originally Posted by lespedeza View Post
    VMs still haven't sorted themselves out. They're still out of order after doing several more resyncs. They download in two batches, first batch in normal sort order, second batch in reverse sort. Any ideas?
    Thinking, not ignoring you ....
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  20. #1460  
    installed on a verizon pre 2 and notifications are hit and miss -- is there something i can look for?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions