Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22626768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Yup. YouMail is got some wires crossed... After seeing RoverNote's post.... (see above),

I tried leaving a voicemail from my landline and after ignoring the call on my Pre, YouMail picked up, and instead of the outgoing smart greeting, I was asked to enter my 10 digit phone number and PIN code....

So, I guess something's screwed up! ;-)
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I've tried re-syncing the account, and started a support ticket at YouMail.com

All calls not answered, are re-directed to the YouMail customer login prompt "enter you ten digit phone number", and then PIN.

No access to voicemail for incoming callers.

I guess I should disable YouView, and revert to Sprints voicemail if it's not working by noon.
    Same issue for me... I just realized I have been missing VM!

How do I revert back to Sprint VM until youmail can get this fixed?

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrischris View Post

Thanks,
    It's working for me again. (as of about an hour or so ago)

I did get an email from YouMail tech suport, saying that I may have to update my access number, and gave directions on how to do that, but as it's working now, I'll just let well enough alone. ;-)

If you can, make a test call from another phone, and double check, it might be working for you too now.

Cheers, Todd k.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    It's working for me again. (as of about an hour or so ago)

I did get an email from YouMail tech suport, saying that I may have to update my access number, and gave directions on how to do that, but as it's working now, I'll just let well enough alone. ;-)

If you can, make a test call from another phone, and double check, it might be working for you too now.

Cheers, Todd k.
    Ok, mine is still not working. What is this access number the tech speaks about needing updated?
    Last edited by RoverNole; 02/16/2011 at 01:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrischris View Post

Thanks,
    Go to your phones number pad, *38, then dial. You should hear a beep and its deativated
    My youmail system appears to be working now.
    Never mind, my yoummail voice mail is back to being broken..."please enter your ten digit phone number" is what I hear when I test my cell phone line from a land line....

For now I am going to deactivate by pressing *38. Assuming this gets fixed, how do I go back to using youmail?
    I emailed youmail customer service and below are the instructions, not sure if these access nu bers work for other carriers. My VM is now working.

Max, Feb-16 11:24 (PST):
    Hi,

We may need to update your access number. On Sprint, please dial *38 and hit send/call to begin the update.

Then dial *288046652895 and hit send on your phone. Then make a test call (from a different phone) to confirm that YouMail picks up.
    You can also try *282678861049 and hit send.

Let me know you or your callers experience any errors.

Max
  10.    #1430  
    Just confirmed with YouMail that Sprint changed something on their back office that got the YouMail system all confused. They are working with Sprint to resolve the issue and they have had some success (not full proof) moving people to different access numbers so if you are experiencing an issue contact YouMail support.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    I emailed youmail customer service and below are the instructions, not sure if these access nu bers work for other carriers. My VM is now working.

Max, Feb-16 11:24 (PST):
    Hi,

We may need to update your access number. On Sprint, please dial *38 and hit send/call to begin the update.

Then dial *288046652895 and hit send on your phone. Then make a test call (from a different phone) to confirm that YouMail picks up.
    You can also try *282678861049 and hit send.

Let me know you or your callers experience any errors.

Max

I just did this and I'm back up and working again. Thanks for the info!
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonp2 View Post
    I just did this and I'm back up and working again. Thanks for the info!
    Me3
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Go to your phones number pad, *38, then dial. You should hear a beep and its deativated
    thanks I just did this and I'm not going back to youview!
    Quote Originally Posted by makatram View Post
    thanks I just did this and I'm not going back to youview!
    You do realize it's YouMail (the service) having the problems, not YouView (the app)? The new forwarding number above solved it for me, but apparently you can also use Google Voice if you like that better.
    The solution listed here seemed to work for me a few days back; today, I was with another person on Sprint who uses a Blackberry. They had the same problem with people not being able to go to voicemail.

Get this: When I made a test call to this person, my call went to MY voicemail and a message this person left me last week that I had not deleted yet!

What the...?!

Anyway, the person did the solution above and another test call seemed to work.

And so it goes...
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    It's taking hours to get my v-mail delivered to my Sprint Pre.

I get notifications via txt right away. I repeatedly selected "Check for New Mail" to no avail. Messages were finally delivered THREE hours after I recv'd the txt alerts.

YouMail support suggested that I leave a help message here.

Thanks for any help.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I had to do the whole *28 555-555-555 thing its been working ever since just a new number to dial voicemail but its not biggie cause its gotta a link to the number in the txt msg.
    This app is DEEPLY flawed on webOS. Nearly all the calls i get don't give me a notification that the caller left a voice mail. After someone calls, I have to open up the app and manually retrieve new voice mails. I have the settings to show notifications when a voice mail is left but it almost never works. It used to work when I first downloaded it but has since gone to hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    This app is DEEPLY flawed on webOS. Nearly all the calls i get don't give me a notification that the caller left a voice mail. After someone calls, I have to open up the app and manually retrieve new voice mails. I have the settings to show notifications when a voice mail is left but it almost never works. It used to work when I first downloaded it but has since gone to hell.
    I have the same experience. I must give the developer the benefit of the doubt and assume it is a YouView issue, but from a functionality perspective it doesn't really matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    That's a new one. Try doing a resync under prefereces. Just doubled check on my phone and a fresh install on the emulator and all seems to be ok. Let me know if its still funky after the resync.
    I have a similar problem, but with some added quirks. I've resynced my account several times, I've uninstalled YouView and reinstalled it, I've rebooted phone, etc. But I'm still seeing some issues. When I first resync, it'll get 52 messages (dated up until 1/25/2011) when it should download 72 messages. These 52 messages are in normal sort (i.e. newest to oldest from top to bottom). Then about five minutes later, the app tells me there are 20 more new messages (from 1/16/2011 to today). These 20 new messages get slipped in starting at third message down, but are in reverse sort order. If I get a new message it will show up at the top, but if I do another resync, the same behavior occurs as described above.

Any ideas?

The only odd thing about my situation is that I was in a different time zone (+6 hours) for 2+ weeks and using the app over wifi. Could this influence the timestamps that the app stores in its db? The split point between the two groups of voicemail downloads described above corresponds with when I was in a different time zone.

Thanks.