Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 20606566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1381  
    A good rule of thumb is that if the email/text come in late, then it is something on YouMail's side. If you get the email/text but no notification from YouView then it is something on our end. Usually its one of two things, either your data connection is intermittent or your victim to the bug in webOS that can corrupt background apps and cause them not to fire (best solution in this case is to delete and reinstall).
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Like the warning says, contact syncing can cause undesirable results. So if it is causing trouble turn it off and then you can use the web interface to import your contacts if needed. There is a reason Palm is rewriting Synergy from scratch. As far as late notifications are you saying you get late notifications from YouMail via email/text or from YouView or both.

I take personal offense to the comment above. I visit this forum very often and I am very active in the webOS community. We have a support ticket system for a reason if you need immediate help. I think you will find I answer most posts within 24 hours.
    I have to agree with ToddK, Arcticus, and I'm sorry for how I expressed my frustration. I failed to notice the ticket option, also. I had been ignored by you in the past and combined with the fact that late voicemails cause me professional embarrassment and even $$$, I had a weak moment on the forum.

The source of my sarcasm was a general impression that there are often several days between your posts and sometimes longer.

More specifically regarding my issues, I posted on 10/15 and then you posted 10/16 but not to me; I had to re-post 10/18 asking you to check the question. Then you didn't post from 10/22 to 11/1.

I posted problems on 11/3 and nothing happened, so I re-posted on 11/14. You answered my 11/14 post on 11/15, but you ignored my 11/3 post about all the problems that arose after you previously suggested I reinstall.

As far as your 11/24 post quoted above, it was confusing to hear that it's a Palm problem and not much can be done after you had previously posted the following about whether or not one should use synergy:

"Give it a go, we made some tweaks to it and added a bunch of error handling so you should get a message now if it doesn't work rather then guessing"

I haven't received any error messages, by the way, even though it doesn't work. I am going to turn off synergy for now and wait until 2.0 is available for us Sprint folks and see what happens (assuming, of course, they do make it available to us! ).

All n' all, I want to make clear that I DO appreciate YouView and YouMail! I've turned on several other Pre users to the app and folks on other devices to YouMail.

Thanks again for the app and how cool it is to have voicemails download to the phone!
  3.    #1383  
    I have to agree with ToddK, Arcticus, and I'm sorry for how I expressed my frustration. I failed to notice the ticket option, also. I had been ignored by you in the past and combined with the fact that late voicemails cause me professional embarrassment and even $$$, I had a weak moment on the forum.
    It's understandable, we all get frustrated. There are are two main paths of failure for notifications. The first path is if for some reason YouMail goes down like it did for a bit at the end of October. The second is there is a bug in webOS that can "corrupt" background apps (related to memory leaks and thus affects Sprint users more). I personally use a Sprint Pre but rarely have seen the issue since using Uberkernel with Compcache set to 32MB. With Enyo and Node.jsjsjs $coming$ $to$ $webOS$ $this$ $issue$ $will$ $go$ $away$.

The source of my sarcasm was a general impression that there are often several days between your posts and sometimes longer.
    I do travel often and webOS development is not my day job as hard as I am trying to change it to be. So I usually only visit when PC emails me that a new post has be posted to the forum/thread.

More specifically regarding my issues, I posted on 10/15 and then you posted 10/16 but not to me; I had to re-post 10/18 asking you to check the question. Then you didn't post from 10/22 to 11/1.

I posted problems on 11/3 and nothing happened, so I re-posted on 11/14. You answered my 11/14 post on 11/15, but you ignored my 11/3 post about all the problems that arose after you previously suggested I reinstall.
    I sometimes won't answer questions if they have been covered recently in the thread. I don't expect anyone to go through all 70 pages, but the last few shouldn't be to much trouble. Plus the question you asked is covered in the initial things to know about the app bulletin that pops up in the first few uses and in the FAQ. So if I am pressed for time I may skip it and come back to it later or usually some great members of the community will fill in (btw I greatly appreciate it guys). So I am not ignoring you (well I guess I am) I should rather say it's not that I don't care about you because I do.

As far as your 11/24 post quoted above, it was confusing to hear that it's a Palm problem and not much can be done after you had previously posted the following about whether or not one should use synergy:

"Give it a go, we made some tweaks to it and added a bunch of error handling so you should get a message now if it doesn't work rather then guessing"

I haven't received any error messages, by the way, even though it doesn't work. I am going to turn off synergy for now and wait until 2.0 is available for us Sprint folks and see what happens (assuming, of course, they do make it available to us! ).
    The error handling we added pertains to the api between YouMail and the app. Nothing we can do about Synergy. I see how that can be confusing. Basically you best bet is to leave contacts off and just import them via the web interface. Right now Synergy is black magic that devs have no control over so when it mismatches a contact its not something we did just something the system decided on. Contact syncing is use at your own accord (meaning no support) especially right now since it will all have to be rewritten once Palm gets things figured out. So if it causes an issue, turn it off.

All n' all, I want to make clear that I DO appreciate YouView and YouMail! I've turned on several other Pre users to the app and folks on other devices to YouMail.

Thanks again for the app and how cool it is to have voicemails download to the phone!
    Thank you for the support, we have a lot of cool things we want to do with it, but right now we are focusing on getting what we have on track with Palm's future.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Anybody else not getting their voicemail pushed through to the app in the last few days? I can call in and the messages are there, but I can't get them to appear on the phone. Also, I tried deleting a saved message from the app and it gave me a data timeout error.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    Anybody else not getting their voicemail pushed through to the app in the last few days? I can call in and the messages are there, but I can't get them to appear on the phone. Also, I tried deleting a saved message from the app and it gave me a data timeout error.
    it's working just fine here.
    Fine here too
  7.    #1387  
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    Odd sounds like a data connectivity issue. Let me know they still exist or you are in the clear. I am out of town this week so shoot me a support email that when I do check in I make it a priority.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

The past few days, when launching the app, I had to re-enter my basic phone number again, even though all my messages were there. Odd.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I missed a call that apparently came in yesterday at 2:30 pm CST, but I didn't receive any notification from YouView until 2.5 hours later. First time it has happened to me.
    Happy New Year, Arcticus/Syntactix LLC!

I had deleted the app from my launcher yesterday...

Removing the app does not delete your YouMail account. Any settings and contacts that appear via the web portal system should transfer down to the app when you reinstall it.
    Just discovered this yesterday. What's the best method to reinstall? IMPORTANT: This time, I want to re-install the app and not use the sync contacts feature. I also want to }reboot" start fresh for the Web version as well and delete the contacts from the Web version of my YouView account.

I really dig the automated "xxxxx can't come to the phone right now.." message. That message somehow I can't get to again, hence my reason for the re-install.

Did a search in the regular forum directly below and couldn't find anything on instructions on how to "reboot" or re-install or fresh install...
    forums.youmail.com • View forum - General
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Odd sounds like a data connectivity issue. Let me know they still exist or you are in the clear. I am out of town this week so shoot me a support email that when I do check in I make it a priority.
    I meant to respond earlier but got caught up with some stuff.

Multiple resets didn't fix the problem, however after pulling the battery and restarting I immediately got a bunch of voicemail notification and was able to open the app and listen to and delete messages. Seems to be working fine now.

I'll write it off to a connectivity glitch as well.
  12.    #1392  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Happy New Year, Arcticus/Syntactix LLC!

I had deleted the app from my launcher yesterday...

Just discovered this yesterday. What's the best method to reinstall? IMPORTANT: This time, I want to re-install the app and not use the sync contacts feature. I also want to }reboot" start fresh for the Web version as well and delete the contacts from the Web version of my YouView account.

I really dig the automated "xxxxx can't come to the phone right now.." message. That message somehow I can't get to again, hence my reason for the re-install.

Did a search in the regular forum directly below and couldn't find anything on instructions on how to "reboot" or re-install or fresh install...
    forums.youmail.com • View forum - General
    Just delete the app wait for it to remove the YouView contacts profiles (you should see banner notifications that this is occurring). Then redownload the app from the catalog (at no charge of course) and just don't turn contact syncing on.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Just delete the app wait for it to remove the YouView contacts profiles (you should see banner notifications that this is occurring). Then redownload the app from the catalog (at no charge of course) and just don't turn contact syncing on.
    Hi, Arcticus. Groovy. I had already deleted the app Jan. 1. Haven't done anything with my account since. Because...

Before I deleted the app, on the Web version of my YouMail account, however, it looks as if some custom messages were already assigned to some of my synced contacts.

So before I re-download the app, how can I get rid of the Web-based contacts stuff?

Again, I can't seem to get that "XXXXX can't answer the phone right now" default message. It might have been erased. Is there a way to get it back?

If it easier to call me on this, please send me a PM and we can talk offline.

Thanks!
    Despite the non response, I think I got everything working again.
  15.    #1395  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Despite the non response, I think I got everything working again.
    Sorry I was at CES, glad to hear you got it working though
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Sorry I was at CES
    CES! ooh. Hope you got some new customers.

glad to hear you got it working though
    Knock on wood, working great!
    I am truly unhappy with this app. I don't like at all that I can't hear the VM neither through bluetooth nor the earpiece. Are you guys telling me that you are ok with this???
    Also, the contact sync is not working.
    What do I do to return the App?

Thanks all!
    Last edited by voltageROCK; 01/11/2011 at 10:34 AM.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Oh yeah, and good time.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  19.    #1399  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I am truly unhappy with this app. I don't like at all that I can't hear the VM neither through bluetooth nor the earpiece. Are you guys telling me that you are ok with this???
    Also, the contact sync is not working.
    What do I do to return the App?

Thanks all!
    Sorry to hear you don't like the app. Unfortunately the playback over bluetooth or the earpiece is outside our control. Palm does not provide method to do this. You can however us a bluetooth device with A2DP and it will work. And no we are not ok with it and continue to pressure Palm into providing this feature.

Contact syncing works for some and not for others just as the big warning states. This feature won't be completed until Palm releases the new Synergy API's that they rewrote from scratch (because the current one is broken and its easier for them to start over then fix) in 2.0

Palm does not provide refunds on apps sorry. The best I can offer you is to resolve any issue you maybe having.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

20.    #1400  
    We are adding the ability to save notes to a voicemail and send a voicemail to the Notes! app by Inglorious Apps. The question is what to call these options and "Send to Notes!" and "Create/Edit Notes" does not really make it clear which is which.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC