Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryers01 View Post
    Just got the app loaded and it works great. I tried to read all the post before posting but I might have missed something so if this has already be talk about just let me know.

Is there a way to allow the user to select a custom sync interval or manual only?

It would also be nice if the picture that showed up when a VM comes in was taken from the local contacts on the phone and not the contacts from the website. I know I do not want to have to import everything into youmail from my phone. That is the great thing about the Pre is all the different places we can synch from and when people update there information we get the updated. So if there was any way to cross-reference a local contact that would be awesome.

Thanks for the great app....
    Currently we haven't implemented preferences (although its making its way up the list). Currently the app will check every 5 min for new voice-mails.

We will offer full "Contacts Synergy", that will be implemented in round 2 of testing, we are still learning all the "rules" about Synergy as Palm has done a great job to protect users from bad people stealing your contacts. Apps can only access contacts they create, but I do believe if we create a contact and then Palm merges with an existing contact then we can access the data that we didn't specifically input. So if that is true we should have access to the profile picture, even though we didn't put it there. So to put it simply yes we plan on letting you do that
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I removed the txt and email notification so i would stop receiving 3 alerts every time I got a voice mail. The app did not push through an alert, ,but once I opened the app and hit refresh the voice mail popped right up. Is there a way to have the app push through a notification once a new voice mail arrives??
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    New build available (0.1.14).
    This version working well, audio thru speaker is slightly louder - I can hear it now if I turn the volume all the way up. Audio continues to play when switching to another program.

UPDATE: still getting background notifications for all new messages
    Last edited by jsage; 12/05/2009 at 08:55 AM.
    I'm still not getting consistent VM notifications (pop up on the bottom of the screen). I left myself a test voice mail yesterday and still haven't received a notification on the phone for it. I did get the e-mail notification that I set up on the website but that's it.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Is the player going to have options like pause, rewind, fast-forward?
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I'm still not getting consistent VM notifications (pop up on the bottom of the screen). I left myself a test voice mail yesterday and still haven't received a notification on the phone for it. I did get the e-mail notification that I set up on the website but that's it.
    I am also getting isolated issues of it not giving me a notification.

I restarted my phone yesterday. I got a message this morning without starting up the app, but I got a second message, and the app did not update until I opened it. So does it not update your VM count once you get the initial message?

@ Arcticus

Is it possible that the app can download the VM to the phone for faster playback, or if you happen to go into an area with spotty data reception? With this feature, playback might be faster and we should be able to scroll easier once that feature is done. I'm not sure if this is possible. It may cause more problems then solutions, especially when it comes to the interface.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I'm not getting background notifications today either. App is running and running the newest version(v0.1.13)

Going to try to delete and install again.

Deleted and installed newest version, background notifications are working again, thanks.
    Last edited by imex99; 12/04/2009 at 10:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    After the using the app a little longer, I haven't notice any issues. My notification seems to come up faster, but it could just be good timing on part of the caller. I have been getting notifications of a new voicemail within 2 minutes of the message being left and getting the text from youmail. Still testing. Have there been any other issues?

@ Arcticus

Are there any new developments? Is it possible to have the VMs download to the phone?

I still cannot forward a VM and the other party able to listen to the voice message.

EDIT: When I go back and check my messages on youmail, it list the messages I read on my phone as skipped. Is this suppose to be that way?
    Last edited by shotyme; 12/06/2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: added info
  9.    #129  
    Should have a new build for you Monday night.

Yes for now voicemails will show up as skipped. As soon as YouMail is done with the changes on their side it will show as read.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    So far this app has been great! I had a few issues over the weekend with notifications not coming through, but today they have been very fast. I am looking forward to future improvements. But it is pretty slick as is!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    For some reason the transcriptions aren't showing up anymore. They still come through in text messages but not the app.
    Having issues today, caller called today at 2:29pm...received youmail notification at 4:43pm

is this the app or the youmail server... This is bad! I as others often need our vmail almost instantly.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

13.    #133  
    It is us for some reason unknown still. We have some ideas but nothing confirmed. When testing this please note your data connection type, as notifications do rely on the data network.

Our current guess is that notifications work fine when your phone is awake, and get spotty when the phone is sleeping. Would appreciate some testing of this theory
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Our current guess is that notifications work fine when your phone is awake, and get spotty when the phone is sleeping. Would appreciate some testing of this theory
    I've been getting notifications consistently, asleep or awake, within five minutes. My EV coverage is spotty throughout the day, usually just one or two bars at work.
    To help everyone out here, just make notice that if you shut off EVDO (data) and solely use wifi, you will not get alerts unless the app attempts to connect while your phone is awake. I'm not sure how it works but this is for certain.

Now, if over 5 minutes has passed since a successful check (say the situation provided above is how the phone is set), once the phone turns on, will it automatically force a voicemail check? Or will it still follow the same 5 minute "hit or miss" concept?
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    To help everyone out here, just make notice that if you shut off EVDO (data) and solely use wifi, you will not get alerts unless the app attempts to connect while your phone is awake. I'm not sure how it works but this is for certain.

Now, if over 5 minutes has passed since a successful check (say the situation provided above is how the phone is set), once the phone turns on, will it automatically force a voicemail check? Or will it still follow the same 5 minute "hit or miss" concept?
    Interesting point that is a really good question for Palm. Since Wifi is off during sleep, and the phone will use EVDO, what happens if EVDO is off. Hmmmm
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Interesting point that is a really good question for Palm. Since Wifi is off during sleep, and the phone will use EVDO, what happens if EVDO is off. Hmmmm
    If you have EVDO off, wifi stays on when the phone goes to sleep. I think that did that in the 1.3.1 update.
    Doesnt cost .20 cents to forward a call with sprint???
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MRBULLRED View Post
    Doesnt cost .20 cents to forward a call with sprint???
    Sprint has free conditional forwarding

YouMail Now Free On Sprint – Free Call Forwarding | BerryReview.com
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I'm trying to loging but is asking me my pin number?? I don't have a pin number. Help please.
Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast