Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19596465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
    Maybe I'm not looking in the right place...

But when I check message the old-school way via the main YouMail Phone number, there is no option to hear the current greeting. While there is an option to record your own personal greeting via the phone (haven't done that yet), very surprised to see that hearing one of the pre-programmed voice mail messages is not a current option. Having to check from another phone defeats the purpose, especially from a simplistic lowest-common-denominator POV!

Thoughts? Tips and Tricks? Trick or treat (sorry, couldn't resist).

I will add that the YouView options/setting function on the Pixi/Pre is groovy, but not as robust on the main YouView Web page.
    Last edited by KevMeister; 10/31/2010 at 03:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    fyi - YouMail stopped getting messages today - I get a new voicemail text, but YouMail didn't notify, and didn't show any of my new messages today (3 so far...)

Even tried to re-sync the voicemail account, but still no new messages.

...as of now YouMail is not working. (yesterday it was fine, BTW)

I just, (in the last 15-20 mins), tried testing YouMail 3 times, by leaving VM's from my landline. Each time I received a text notification, but YouMail remains un-responsive.

dead server?

UPDATE: At 6:30EST I received all waiting VM notifications. sleeping server is awake!

Oh, and a tip...
    for folks who are having trouble hearing the voice messages, (umm, all of us.), there is a volume boost patch in Preware, (actually there are a couple of them, one for media & bluetooth output, and another for the earpiece.), that have really helped the poor volume replay issue. Not loud enough to blow the speaker, but much better... At least I don't have to hold the phone up to my ear to hear messages anymore... ;-)
    Last edited by ToddK; 10/31/2010 at 05:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    @ToddK: So you are having the reverse problem today? You get the messages on your YouView app, but not with YouMail online?

I am getting my messages at YouMail website, but not down on the YouView app on my phone. I DID get one on my phone a few minutes ago that hit the youmail website, text, and email 4 1/2 hours ago. My phone is set to check messages every 5 mins.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgiven View Post
    @ToddK: So you are having the reverse problem today? You get the messages on your YouView app, but not with YouMail online?

I am getting my messages at YouMail website, but not down on the YouView app on my phone. I DID get one on my phone a few minutes ago that hit the youmail website, text, and email 4 1/2 hours ago. My phone is set to check messages every 5 mins.
    No, I just screwed up the wording and used YouMail when I should have been using YouView. (dooh!)

Although, all seems back to normal now.
  5.    #1365  
    Hey thanks Todd for posting about the server outage, greatly appreciate it.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Hi there...I am still not receiving any messages to my YouView App. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and can't get anything to come up on the screen. Any suggestions?? Thanks.
  7.    #1367  
    Quote Originally Posted by tfracs33 View Post
    Hi there...I am still not receiving any messages to my YouView App. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and can't get anything to come up on the screen. Any suggestions?? Thanks.
    Well thats not good.

Can you see the messages in YouMail (www.youmail.com)?
    Also make sure the filters are set to ALL, ALL.

From the app menu hit help and send me a support email so we can work through this, include your precentral id so I know what its in relation to and we can get you up and running.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Hey thanks Todd for posting about the server outage, greatly appreciate it.
    Glad to help. (I actually just guessed correctly) ...having text alerts enabled let me know YouMail had a new message, which left the YouView server as the likely culprit.

...and thanks to the earpiece volume boost patch, YouView is much more user friendly - listening to voice messages is much easier. (I still want an option to listen through the speaker, but as that is not yet a possibility, I'm happy this patch makes messages louder. The next time someone complains about message playback volume being too low, point them in the direction of the earpiece volume patch. ;-)
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Well thats not good.

Can you see the messages in YouMail (www.youmail.com)?
    Also make sure the filters are set to ALL, ALL.

From the app menu hit help and send me a support email so we can work through this, include your precentral id so I know what its in relation to and we can get you up and running.
    Help Email sent! thanks for your prompt response!
    Best bet is to reinstall the app from scratch. As far as low noise, make sure your music volume is turned up and not the system volume.
    O.K., not long after you posted this, I did indeed reinstall. I've had some serious problems since then:

The main thing is that the downloading of voicemails is slow or inconsistent. Preferences is still set to 5 min. for checking for voicemails. Sometimes the voicemails don't come in for hours or the next day. (FYI: Background Polling, Auto Download VMs, Bulletins, & Contacts Synergy are all ON. Email and Text Alerts are both OFF.)

I also noticed something new and problematic with my contacts; during a few calls lately, I noticed that the photo icons are mismatched in my phone app--never happened before. So today I scrolled through my contacts and tons of them either have duplicates, but one of them usually does not have all the data the other one has (usually no "Notes"). Worse, many of them are LINKED to different contacts, i..e, not the same people!

What's going on here?! Does this have something to do with synergy? I ask because when I tap on the photo icon in a contact where the icon has a little "2" beside it to indicate a link, there is a Google contact and a YouView contact. Sometimes the YouView contact is listed as "Default" or "No Caller ID," but the Google listing right under it is correct.

Then there's this mysterious new contact: "Porcupine 411."

Anyone else have these types of problems? Any advice?
    In addition to the above questions, I have a new one: because I usually use a Bluetooth earphone and YouView voicemails are sent to it just fine, I never noticed that when I don't use it, voicemail is always played over the speakerphone.

I cannot figure out how to turn this off so that, if I want to listen to a voicemail privately (when I don't have my Jawbone Bluetooth earphone with me), it is not played over speakerphone.

Please advise. Thank you.
    I'm pretty sure you can only listen to voicemails through speaker unless you have a headset or bluetooth. No fault of the app. I'm no expert tho jus adding my 2 cents
    Is this app available in Canada on Bell's network?
  14.    #1374  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    In addition to the above questions, I have a new one: because I usually use a Bluetooth earphone and YouView voicemails are sent to it just fine, I never noticed that when I don't use it, voicemail is always played over the speakerphone.

I cannot figure out how to turn this off so that, if I want to listen to a voicemail privately (when I don't have my Jawbone Bluetooth earphone with me), it is not played over speakerphone.

Please advise. Thank you.
    Palm currently does not offer a way to play media any other way than through the speaker. Thus voicemails will play out the speaker or over any A2DP bluetooth device.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

15.    #1375  
    Quote Originally Posted by izkeepsitreal View Post
    Is this app available in Canada on Bell's network?
    Not currently, YouMail does not have international support at this time. However as soon as they do we will offer it.

As a side note, not sure on wireless plan but if you can call a US phone number at no cost then you could use it. If that is the case, let me know.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

The main thing is that the downloading of voicemails is slow or inconsistent.

I also noticed something new and problematic with my contacts; Worse, many of them are LINKED to different contacts, i..e, not the same people!

What's going on here?! Does this have something to do with synergy?

Anyone else have these types of problems? Any advice?
    Yes, I am having these same issues! Voicemails have come down hours later and my contacts are all screwed up! The YouView contacts are linked to the wrong people and some of the email addresses are on the wrong contacts as well. This seems to have just happened with the last update or two. I've never been able to get pictures to work, but that may be because my pictures are from FB and do not reside on my phone.

Should Synergy be turned off? Do I need to remove the YouView contacts and then export my google contacts back into YouMail????
    I'm still getting voicemails on my Pre YouView app late--not all of them come in late, but enough to be really annoying.
    Last edited by Pre in MN; 11/27/2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: had a neurotic moment...
  18.    #1378  
    Like the warning says, contact syncing can cause undesirable results. So if it is causing trouble turn it off and then you can use the web interface to import your contacts if needed. There is a reason Palm is rewriting Synergy from scratch. As far as late notifications are you saying you get late notifications from YouMail via email/text or from YouView or both.

I take personal offense to the comment above. I visit this forum very often and I am very active in the webOS community. We have a support ticket system for a reason if you need immediate help. I think you will find I answer most posts within 24 hours.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I'm still getting voicemails on my Pre YouView app late--not all of them come in late, but enough to be really annoying.

Unfortunately, the developer seems to visit this forum infrequently....makes you appreciate a guy like Sconix all that much more.....
    You owe Arcticus an apology. Every time I have had a problem, or question, he has responded within hours, sometimes even mins.!

I'll agree there are devs who don't respond in a timely manner, or have vanished all together, but Arcticus is NOT one of them.
    Like the warning says, contact syncing can cause undesirable results. So if it is causing trouble turn it off and then you can use the web interface to import your contacts if needed. There is a reason Palm is rewriting Synergy from scratch. As far as late notifications are you saying you get late notifications from YouMail via email/text or from YouView or both.
    I get texts and emails immediately. It was the voicemails in the YouView app that were coming very, very late. I just did a little research and last Friday, 11/19, I had a problem where I ignored a call around noon, but didn't get the email notification until 3:24pm and the YouView message showed up around the same time. I've noticed a *few* intermittent problems where the voicemail would come about 30 minutes later in the YouView app. I have YouView set to check for msgs every 5 minutes. For the past couple of days everything has been working normally, so maybe it was a YouMail problem.