Page 66 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
    did not know about that patch, i always used call block rejecter patch gonna give it a shot
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The patch is called per call rejection once you install it go to the contact and choose ringtone and select ringtone you will get a popup. I am posting a screenshot.
    Oh, when I read "patch," I think Homebrew, sorry about that. O.K., I found it in the Contacts app, no problem--Thanks!

However, I'm wondering if it will still work with YouMail/YouView installed. Do you know? Do you have YouMail/YouView and does this "patch" to send folks to directly to voicemail still work?

Thanks, again, mamouton!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    So I'm going through the preferences trying to figure out what everything means. Can someone help me? What do the following mean/do?

Background Polling
    Contacts Synergy
    Callback Time
    Snooze Time
    background polling is when youview will wake the device to check for new messages

contacts synergy means youview will import your contacts from the contacts app

callbacktime allows you to set a reminder for yourself to call someone back

snooze time will determine how long before the reminder comes back up
  5.    #1305  
    Just an FYI in case anyone didn't see, but webOS 2.0 opens Synergy so we should finally be able to offer true contacts integration!
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Oh, when I read "patch," I think Homebrew, sorry about that. O.K., I found it in the Contacts app, no problem--Thanks!

However, I'm wondering if it will still work with YouMail/YouView installed. Do you know? Do you have YouMail/YouView and does this "patch" to send folks to directly to voicemail still work?

Thanks, again, mamouton!
    I have the patch and youview it works well together. You view has the ditch call feature so I hae set people up with that where they aren't able to leave a message.
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/07/2010 at 12:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    background polling is when youview will wake the device to check for new messages

contacts synergy means youview will import your contacts from the contacts app

callbacktime allows you to set a reminder for yourself to call someone back

snooze time will determine how long before the reminder comes back up
    What about what "bulletins" mean....
    Quote Originally Posted by sondo8 View Post
    What about what "bulletins" mean....
    bulletins is where the app checks the youmail server for new announcements and updates and notifies you i think
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Had to replace my Pre and after back up reinstalled YouView, the program will not play messages except for the first 2 seconds. The message starts and then simply stops, everytime. Any ideas how to fix this? It worked perfectlly on my old Pre.
    articus any time frame on allowing the user to select preference time for polling for new voice mail? I notice on youview website an option to receive a text or email when a call is ditched or there is a hangup can that function be added into youview's app?

Also will there be an option to change the greeeting per contact with the app? I see the option on the greeting screen and it shows all the greetings I have added to my account now we just need them in the contact portion of this app if possible.
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/11/2010 at 10:32 PM.
  11.    #1311  
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone457 View Post
    Had to replace my Pre and after back up reinstalled YouView, the program will not play messages except for the first 2 seconds. The message starts and then simply stops, everytime. Any ideas how to fix this? It worked perfectlly on my old Pre.
    Try deleting and reinstalling the app, also try under Wifi doing a voicemail resync in the preferences.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

12.    #1312  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    articus any time frame on allowing the user to select preference time for polling for new voice mail? I notice on youview website an option to receive a text or email when a call is ditched or there is a hangup can that function be added into youview's app?

Also will there be an option to change the greeeting per contact with the app? I see the option on the greeting screen and it shows all the greetings I have added to my account now we just need them in the contact portion of this app if possible.
    The polling will be in the next release. As far as missed calls or ditched calls, that information is not yet exposed in the API.

Yes we are working on improving the greetings API with YouMail, but that will be in the webOS 2.0 release. We should also see improvements to Contact Synergy in the next release, however it will also remain in beta till webOS 2.0
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Can't wait for WebOS 2.0! (Contacts Synergy, Just Type, etc)
    I have tried completed both of these tasks and I still have the same issue. Message just stops after a few seconds. Any additional thoughts are welcome.
  15.    #1315  
    I have tried completed both of these tasks and I still have the same issue. Message just stops after a few seconds. Any additional thoughts are welcome.
    Interesting, hmm try tapping the gear icon and select download to phone and wait for it to go from an arrow to a check mark and then try to play the message. Let me know how it goes.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Tried this just now. gear icon showed a check mark. Played two messages. One lasted .2 seconds and the other played for 3.31 seconds before stopping. It is very strange. I can listen to messages via web or calling voice mail, but just not using the program on the Pre. I love this program, so any additional thoughts would be helpful.
  17.    #1317  
    Tried this just now. gear icon showed a check mark. Played two messages. One lasted .2 seconds and the other played for 3.31 seconds before stopping. It is very strange. I can listen to messages via web or calling voice mail, but just not using the program on the Pre. I love this program, so any additional thoughts would be helpful.
    Hmmm, try loading some test .wav files on your phone and see how they play.

Also try turning off the auto-download feature and then do a resync and see if streaming it works better.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I turned off auto sync and then did the resync. It worked! I will give the auto sync a try again after a few days and see what happens. Thanks.
    There is a new version in the app catalog. Any ideas what's new?
    changelog says it has added support for 1x streaming
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!