Page 65 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1281  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    So I just started running webos-internals' Lumberjack app...not really sure exactly what it does, but found some interesting log info, including the following. any idea what this means:
    That is to support phones that are not running 1.4.0. In 1.4.0 Palm removed those libraries and treating audio in a different manner that was not compatible.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    So I just started running webos-internals' Lumberjack app...not really sure exactly what it does, but found some interesting log info, including the following. any idea what this means:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    That is to support phones that are not running 1.4.0. In 1.4.0 Palm removed those libraries and treating audio in a different manner that was not compatible.
    I am getting the same log information I am running 1.4.5
  3.    #1283  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I am getting the same log information I am running 1.4.5
    Of course you will, those files are not in WebOS after 1.4.0

Basically it is safe to ignore those messages. We only include those files so phones not running 1.4.0 or higher can still you use YouView.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Seems like a server upgrade from YouMail reset some account settings. Check your settings here and report back please, thanks!

YouMail Sign In

Still getting this from some land lines
    Seems like a server upgrade from YouMail reset some account settings. Check your settings here and report back please, thanks!

YouMail Sign In

Things look good to me. I'm on a Sprint Palm Pre running 1.4.5
    is there a way to import all of my contact to youmail from my pre without manually selecting one by one?
    is there a way to import all of my contact to youmail from my pre without manually selecting one by one?
    My understanding is: not really, not directly from the PRE. It looks like, for now, you can only import contacts from your Google or Yahoo account or via a .csv file from "Outlook, Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, Palm Desktop, LinkedIn, and Plaxo" or from your call list as they come in.

Here's the YouMail Help link on the subject:

YouMail - Help Center

I believe they're still working on the Contacts synergy function on the PRE itself.
    I stopped using youview and i wanna go back to normal, this thread is too long to find the answer, can someone help me?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by acollier88 View Post
    Since I use Google as my default contact handler, it was a simple matter to import from Google to YouMail. If you're using the Palm profile as your default, there are a couple methods to export these.

Note that when the YouView contacts were added these became the default profile instead of Google. I had to go through and switch profiles back for each contact manually. This is a known issue with how Synergy currently works.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    I stopped using youview and i wanna go back to normal, this thread is too long to find the answer, can someone help me?
    I believe you simply need to unforward your voicemail (*38 on Sprint, *73 on Verizon).
    So, I've had this app now for about a month, and it seems to pick and choose when it wants to show caller information for voicemails, and only shows the information about 10% of the time, otherwise it just says "Unknown Caller." Am I missing something? If the number is in my phone contacts, it should list the person's name at least, correct? About 10% of the time it will match up the number with the name in my phone contacts but otherwise it just shows the number and lists it as unknown. Do I have to upload contacts on my youmail account for it to show them? If that is the case, why will it show about 10% of the calls correctly? I'm am lost here..
    From what I can tell, it will first try to match contacts (only those synced with your YouMail account), then it will apply caller ID info if available, and if nothing else it will try to approximate the caller location based on the area code/prefix. I believe all of this processing takes place on the YouMail side and YouView downloads this along with the message.
    Quote Originally Posted by moesciphish View Post
    So, I've had this app now for about a month, and it seems to pick and choose when it wants to show caller information for voicemails, and only shows the information about 10% of the time, otherwise it just says "Unknown Caller." Am I missing something? If the number is in my phone contacts, it should list the person's name at least, correct? About 10% of the time it will match up the number with the name in my phone contacts but otherwise it just shows the number and lists it as unknown. Do I have to upload contacts on my youmail account for it to show them? If that is the case, why will it show about 10% of the calls correctly? I'm am lost here..
    That's about the same for me too. I don't worry about it. I'm sure the YouView people are working on the problem. Meanwhile, i just let the app run in the background. The different voice mail notification features are a nice touch. ("xxxxx can't come to the phone now.")
    Is there a way to send a caller directly to voicemail every time, i.,e., as a default setting?

Thanks!
    I think you can on the youview website but there is also a patch for that reject calls per contact patch. Works great I use it daily sometimes forget it is on my phone.
    mamouton,

I cannot find anything on the YouView web site to send people directly to voicemail, nor can I find a patch in PreWare to do it. Can you provide more information on where to look? Thanks!
  18.    #1298  
    YouMail can't send callers directly to VM. The YouMail system doesn't engage unless you don't answer or the line is busy. We use conditional call forwarding to hook your phone into YouMail so there is no way to add this feature.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

YouMail can't send callers directly to VM. The YouMail system doesn't engage unless you don't answer or the line is busy. We use conditional call forwarding to hook your phone into YouMail so there is no way to add this feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    mamouton,

I cannot find anything on the YouView web site to send people directly to voicemail, nor can I find a patch in PreWare to do it. Can you provide more information on where to look? Thanks!
    The patch is called per call rejection once you install it go to the contact and choose ringtone and select ringtone you will get a popup. I am posting a screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images