Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
    Arcticus,

What am I, chopped liver?!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    FEATURE REQUEST:
    From the list of voicemails, I'd like to be able to tap an icon to either start an SMS conversation with that contact, or open up the existing SMS conversation I have with that contact so that I can type a new message. Come to think of it, it might be nice to also have an email icon too, tho, for my own usage, I think I'm way more likely to call or text someone back in response to a vmail than to send an email.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    This is already on the planned roadmap, and should be coming sooner than later
    This is groovy, though I don't know how this will work with my account, considering the following ongoing scenario:

Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    For some reason, either when I try to manually insert a contact in YouMail or do the sync contact option (from the native WebOs contacts), the numbers always come out wrong, i.e. wrong area code.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have a Sprint Palm Pixi.
    Bump again! So far, The only contact numbers that come out correct are my name and ViewMail's. Ha!

Edit: For some reason, the sync option is a bit off for my Pixi. Slowly but surely any voice messages that are left on YouView will eventuallly get automatically synced as a contact...just not right away. But If I try to do a manual sync of my contacts, the phone numbers come out wrong.

This is is a very interesting scenario...does anybody else have a similar situation going on?
    Yes, KevMeister, there are several of us having problems on our Pres with adding contacts and the numbers get janked up. Just look back a page or so and you'll see the posts.
    See Message 1244, one page back for the answer to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    In YouView preferences, what do the "Callback Time" and "Snooze Time" options do exactly? I can't find any explanations in Help or on the web site.

Thanks!

Still can't add my son's contact for some reason--anyone?!
  5.    #1265  
    Yes it is evident that adding a contact from the phone's address book is busted

For now manage all contacts from the web interface at Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail

We are on it don't worry
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  6.    #1266  
    Just and FYI made some good progress yesterday with adding contacts and updating contacts.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Contacts: Glad you're working on this.

While importing Google contacts to YouMail works great, YouView when syncing contacts then sets itself as the primary profile for every single contact. Of course, this causes problems with future updates. Since this can only be remedied manually for each contact, it's a real issue.
  8.    #1268  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Contacts: Glad you're working on this.

While importing Google contacts to YouMail works great, YouView when syncing contacts then sets itself as the primary profile for every single contact. Of course, this causes problems with future updates. Since this can only be remedied manually for each contact, it's a real issue.
    No kidding, and Palm did that be design with no way for it to not become the primary profile! Its one of the things that is keeping contact syncing in beta.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

will the next update have the user defined time options?
    it wont list all of my contacts that leave msgs why is that?
    O.K., for the most part, I'm sold on this app and the YouMail service. Thanks!

HOWEVER: the volume for the downloaded voicemails on the PRE is way too low! I can barely hear them either on my Jawbone ICON or just through the phone itself.

Please advise: is this a common problem? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks!
  12.    #1272  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    O.K., for the most part, I'm sold on this app and the YouMail service. Thanks!

HOWEVER: the volume for the downloaded voicemails on the PRE is way too low! I can barely hear them either on my Jawbone ICON or just through the phone itself.

Please advise: is this a common problem? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks!
    Make sure your Music volume is turned up and not the System volume. I personally use the Jawbone ICON and find the volume ok (assuming my headset volume is also on high). On that note though, YouMail records the messages optimized for ear piece playback. Palm has not been very responsive to our request for this ability nor our request to fix Synergy so our contacts don't take over as the default profile.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Not sure what you mean by "Music Volume." I've turned up everything in "Sounds & Ringtones" and the side volume buttons are turned up to maximum. Anything else I should do?
    Adjust the volume during message playback and you'll see the volume icon shows three musical notes instead of a bell icon. It's the former—the "music" volume—that will affect message playback through the speaker.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Is anybody else having problems with Youmail not answering since upgrading to webOS 1.4.5? When someone tries to call me the get dumped to a busy signal when they should be getting a greeting.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Solved my own problem. Re-activated my phone on the youmail website and rebooted my phone. Back to loving youmail.
    Adjust the volume during message playback and you'll see the volume icon shows three musical notes instead of a bell icon. It's the former—the "music" volume—that will affect message playback through the speaker.
    Yes, that's what I meant by "the side volume buttons are turned up to maximum," i.e., during playback. It's still very low volume and I can't hear it unless I'm in a very quiet room alone etc. Through my Jawbone, it's a little better, but still too low for listening in a car etc.
    So I just started running webos-internals' Lumberjack app...not really sure exactly what it does, but found some interesting log info, including the following. any idea what this means:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Just installed youmail, and have tested this on 3 different phones, whenever somebody calls my number and it goes to voicemail it asks the caller for a 10 digit phone number associated with youmail rather than with my greeting.
  20.    #1280  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbodner View Post
    Just installed youmail, and have tested this on 3 different phones, whenever somebody calls my number and it goes to voicemail it asks the caller for a 10 digit phone number associated with youmail rather than with my greeting.
    Seems like a server upgrade from YouMail reset some account settings. Check your settings here and report back please, thanks!

http://www.youmail.com/youmail/greet...kedSettings.do
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC