Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    No easiest thing to do is go into the YouView preferences and turn Contact Synergy to off, exit the app. Then go back in and turn it back on and add the contacts.
    That is absolutely awesome! Worked great! I just added like the 10 that most frequently call/voicemail me and then re-synced my voicemails from YouMail server and they all have pics now! Fantastic feature, thanks much! Are these contacts I added stored on YouMail or are they local to YouView? If they are local, this would be another reason to get a script added for Save/Restore.
    Can either of you (Arcticus or Volcom45) clarify to one more degree for me? I was eager to see that it's possible to sync contacts (understanding that it's Beta) so that I could get contact photos into YouView without a lot of manual work. But I turned on Contact Synergy for the first time and nearly 800 contacts seem to have synced. But it looks like it's the contact list I imported from google into YouMail a few weeks ago (but without any photos).

So now I have 796 contacts in YouView (and YouMail), but still no contact photos. I know I did something wrong, but I'm not sure what? I understand that I can manually add contact photos to a small subset of my 800 YouMail contacts, but I already have photos in GMail contacts and on the Pre (via multiple syergy contact sources including Facebook and my firm's outlook) and I was hoping there'd be a way to leverage those rather than doing it manually.

I'm totally fine if this feature isn't quite there yet (or if it's dependent on YouMail's technology to import photos properly), but I just thought I'd confirm what the steps should be and how this should work to verify that I'm not missing something

My last (and possibly unrelated) question: Is it possible to delete the 800 YouMAIL contacts in one fell swoop. Their web interface seems to limit selections to about 20... and I don't want to repeat the activity 40 times!!!
    Hey Syntactix --

I had some more time last night to figure this out a bit, but thought I'd share a few observations about the Contacts Synergy (acknowledged as BETA). I don't know where bug reports should go, so I figured I'd post here...

I went onto YouMail and:

• Manually deleted 800 contacts in 40 pages of 20 each. A PITA and a 'feature' YouMail really needs to add so that we can delete and re-import contacts -- but that's not your issue.
    • I manually added a single test contact with a photo through the YouMail web portal

In YouView... I then:

• Turned off Contact Synergy. (YouView reported that YouView Profile Account was removed).
    • Exited YouView
    • Restarted YouView
    • Clicked on Contacts and agreed to Turn On given that the functionality was in Beta Testing
    • YouView reported that Contact Syncing was beginning and finished.
    • My 1 test contact (with Photo) was now in YouView
    • At this point, I noticed the + icon in the lower left and realized that is how I can add my current contacts to the list using "Create from Address Book" pop-up.
    • I did this for several contacts (and immediately found one it would just NOT add -- see below).
    • I successfully imported into YouView contacts that (1) had phone #s and (2) only existed in Google Contacts, some that only existed in Facebook contacts. Other contacts would not import (see below). For all of the contacts that were created, the contact photos came over perfectly, and synced back to YouMail perfectly.

So my bug report looks like this:

1. It does not seem to be able to import contacts without phone #s from WebOS contact entries (this makes sense somewhat since this is a phone-based application)
    2. I cannot import my wife's contact!!! (Hilarious!!). She has 2 profiles: Gmail (primary account) and LinkedIn. But I have other contacts with the same 2 profiles which were created just fine.
    3. it does not seem to import contacts which are "LinkedIn only". This is possibly related to #1 since I don't believe any of my LinkedIn contacts have phone #s associated
    4. (and the biggest problem along with #2) -- Every phone # associated with YouView profiles is not right. Somewhere in the translation from "(222) 555-1234" (mostly Google Contacts and Facebook formatted) to the YouView profile # it looks like "222555" (in the WebOS contact list for YouView profile) and (255) 2-2555 (digits 345 6-3456) in the actual YouView application Contacts list. Because of this, my contacts are not matching up to received voicemails until I manually go into the YouView profile data and copy/paste the correct phone # and resync.

Again, I'm not complaining one bit. Just wanted to pass along the feedback. I realize you've been testing this for a while and probably know about most of these issues (or maybe I'm still just doing something wrong.... if so, please let me know.)

I'm happy to provide addition feedback as needed.
  4.    #1244  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey Syntactix --

I had some more time last night to figure this out a bit, but thought I'd share a few observations about the Contacts Synergy (acknowledged as BETA). I don't know where bug reports should go, so I figured I'd post here...

I went onto YouMail and:

• Manually deleted 800 contacts in 40 pages of 20 each. A PITA and a 'feature' YouMail really needs to add so that we can delete and re-import contacts -- but that's not your issue.
    • I manually added a single test contact with a photo through the YouMail web portal

In YouView... I then:

• Turned off Contact Synergy. (YouView reported that YouView Profile Account was removed).
    • Exited YouView
    • Restarted YouView
    • Clicked on Contacts and agreed to Turn On given that the functionality was in Beta Testing
    • YouView reported that Contact Syncing was beginning and finished.
    • My 1 test contact (with Photo) was now in YouView
    • At this point, I noticed the + icon in the lower left and realized that is how I can add my current contacts to the list using "Create from Address Book" pop-up.
    • I did this for several contacts (and immediately found one it would just NOT add -- see below).
    • I successfully imported into YouView contacts that (1) had phone #s and (2) only existed in Google Contacts, some that only existed in Facebook contacts. Other contacts would not import (see below). For all of the contacts that were created, the contact photos came over perfectly, and synced back to YouMail perfectly.

So my bug report looks like this:

1. It does not seem to be able to import contacts without phone #s from WebOS contact entries (this makes sense somewhat since this is a phone-based application)
    2. I cannot import my wife's contact!!! (Hilarious!!). She has 2 profiles: Gmail (primary account) and LinkedIn. But I have other contacts with the same 2 profiles which were created just fine.
    3. it does not seem to import contacts which are "LinkedIn only". This is possibly related to #1 since I don't believe any of my LinkedIn contacts have phone #s associated
    4. (and the biggest problem along with #2) -- Every phone # associated with YouView profiles is not right. Somewhere in the translation from "(222) 555-1234" (mostly Google Contacts and Facebook formatted) to the YouView profile # it looks like "222555" (in the WebOS contact list for YouView profile) and (255) 2-2555 (digits 345 6-3456) in the actual YouView application Contacts list. Because of this, my contacts are not matching up to received voicemails until I manually go into the YouView profile data and copy/paste the correct phone # and resync.

Again, I'm not complaining one bit. Just wanted to pass along the feedback. I realize you've been testing this for a while and probably know about most of these issues (or maybe I'm still just doing something wrong.... if so, please let me know.)

I'm happy to provide addition feedback as needed.
    Awesome thank you. Can you send me a PM with your contact info so we can maybe do some debugging together especially with test builds? I greatly appreciate the effort.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Awesome thank you. Can you send me a PM with your contact info so we can maybe do some debugging together especially with test builds? I greatly appreciate the effort.
    Absolutely. Happy to help.
    I don't seem to be getting YouView webOS notifications after callers leave voicemails in YouMail. I checked settings within the app for a polling interval, which I thought I'd seen, but either I missed it, or it isn't there...

I have:
    * a Sprint Pre, so webOS v1.4.1.1
    * a free YouMail account
    * YouView v 0.6.25
    * BackgroundPolling ON
    * Auto Download Voicemails On
    * Bulletins ON
    * Contacts Synergy OFF
    * Callback time 1 hour
    * Snooze time 5 min
    * Email Alerts OFF
    * Text Alerts ON

The help ticketing system http://www.gosyntactix.com/webos/youview/contact.aspx seems not to be working.

Interestingly, I think Pack n Track also failed to give me webOS notifications for two items delivered yesterday.

I'm also pretty sure I've rebooted my Pre via orange-sym-R since not getting the Pack-n-Track notifications and but before not-getting the YouView notifications today/this afternoon.
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 07/29/2010 at 08:12 PM.
    Should I be getting some kind of YouView notification (via the app on the Pre, not an email or text via YouMail) for missed calls (but no voicemail is left)? I vaguely recall that I should be... but I could be mistaken.

I get the usual missed call notices from my Pre/WebOS... I am just wondering if I should be getting a notification from YouView, and as well, if I should be seeing a missed call entry in my Inbox as well when I open the app.

If so, I am not getting them.

Or does this app only handle voicemails? (YouMail records, displays, texts, and emails info about all my missed calls... so I was wondering if that info gets passed along to YouView.)

Thanks.

Jim
    Articus in a future update can you add the option to let the user determine how often to do background polling?
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmboy View Post
    Still pretty low. I can have it on half way and not hear the voicemail at all. Maybe it's my phone. Is it loud for everyone on maximum volume?
    No...it is not loud on maximum volume. I agree... it is still very low when played via the speaker.

Otherwise, I love the YouMail service and the YouView app! Absolutely fantastic!

P.S. I just remembered another post on another subject that might just help; someone said that if you turn on the TTY/TDD option on the Pre (for those with a hearing impairment), it will slightly increase the volume on the speaker. I'll try it and will post my findings. If anyone else wants to try it, the option is under Preferences within the Phone dialer app/card.

Jim
    Last edited by JGriff; 07/31/2010 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Added TTY/TDD info.
  10.    #1250  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGriff View Post
    Should I be getting some kind of YouView notification (via the app on the Pre, not an email or text via YouMail) for missed calls (but no voicemail is left)? I vaguely recall that I should be... but I could be mistaken.

I get the usual missed call notices from my Pre/WebOS... I am just wondering if I should be getting a notification from YouView, and as well, if I should be seeing a missed call entry in my Inbox as well when I open the app.

If so, I am not getting them.

Or does this app only handle voicemails? (YouMail records, displays, texts, and emails info about all my missed calls... so I was wondering if that info gets passed along to YouView.)

Thanks.

Jim

Currently the API into YouMail only works for voicemails.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

11.    #1251  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Articus in a future update can you add the option to let the user determine how often to do background polling?
    Sure thing
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I'm having the same problem as greenawayj, when I try to add in a contact, the phone numbers get messed up. On some of my contacts, those with just a home number and a mobile number, YouView seems to be only messing up the home number. On contacts with multiple numbers (work, fax, pager, other), all the phone numbers are messed up.

Here's an example:
    Home: (27) 574-8327
    Work: (21)572-2621
    Mobile: (00) 575-8200

There doesn't seem to be a discernible pattern either in how the strange numbers are configured.
    Is there a mobile website for youmail?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Is there a mobile website for youmail?
    Try this: YouMail SignIn, but it may just log you into your account.
    Thanks I will check it out on my Pre. It goes to a mobile site I want to be able to add contacts quickly on the web so this might do it.
    Thanks again it just displays thr recent messages.
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/31/2010 at 04:23 PM.
    greenawayj wrote:

I did this for several contacts (and immediately found one it would just NOT add -- see below).
    I have the same problem: my son's contact just wont get added. I've deleted from YouView, the Pre's contact list, Google, and my Outlook (they latter 3 sync via Companionlink software). I added it back to all 3 and have tried deleting everything from YouView and adding them back; I've also tried that little "plus" sign in the corner to add just one from the Pre's contact list. It still doesn't work and twice the screen went completely white and Govnah indicated my temperature was rising (stopped at 47) before I closed YouView.

Help!
    Last edited by Pre in MN; 08/02/2010 at 09:42 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    I don't seem to be getting YouView webOS notifications after callers leave voicemails in YouMail. I checked settings within the app for a polling interval, which I thought I'd seen, but either I missed it, or it isn't there...

I have:
    * a Sprint Pre, so webOS v1.4.1.1
    * a free YouMail account
    * YouView v 0.6.25
    * BackgroundPolling ON
    * Auto Download Voicemails On
    * Bulletins ON
    * Contacts Synergy OFF
    * Callback time 1 hour
    * Snooze time 5 min
    * Email Alerts OFF
    * Text Alerts ON

The help ticketing system [url] seems not to be working.

Interestingly, I think Pack n Track also failed to give me webOS notifications for two items delivered yesterday.

I'm also pretty sure I've rebooted my Pre via orange-sym-R since not getting the Pack-n-Track notifications and but before not-getting the YouView notifications today/this afternoon.
    Hm, not sure about Pack n Track, as I've no more packages on the way at the moment, but the YouView notifications came back yesterday...I'm not aware of having done anything that might have affected things.
    FEATURE REQUEST:
    From the list of voicemails, I'd like to be able to tap an icon to either start an SMS conversation with that contact, or open up the existing SMS conversation I have with that contact so that I can type a new message. Come to think of it, it might be nice to also have an email icon too, tho, for my own usage, I think I'm way more likely to call or text someone back in response to a vmail than to send an email.
    In YouView preferences, what do the "Callback Time" and "Snooze Time" options do exactly? I can't find any explanations in Help or on the web site.

Thanks!

Still can't add my son's contact for some reason--anyone?!
  20.    #1260  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    FEATURE REQUEST:
    From the list of voicemails, I'd like to be able to tap an icon to either start an SMS conversation with that contact, or open up the existing SMS conversation I have with that contact so that I can type a new message. Come to think of it, it might be nice to also have an email icon too, tho, for my own usage, I think I'm way more likely to call or text someone back in response to a vmail than to send an email.
    This is already on the planned roadmap, and should be coming sooner than later
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC