Page 62 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1221  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Hey, about the background option...

Is there a way for this to persist through reboots? Currently it doesn't and if I don't remember to open Youview after restarting the phone, then I won't get any voicemail notifications, so I miss them. I keep the phone radio off a large part of the time because of poor reception in my home, so I've been using Youview to get voicemail notifications, so if Youview doesn't alert me it may be hours or a day or so before I see that someone called. I could turn on the email alerts for it (I already have them for hangups...), but I feel like since Youview is there...hopefully I could use it fully instead, although in the mean while I will turn the email alerts on for VMs too.

It is possible, for example, I know Bad Kitty does collect background notifications after reboot without having to be started, it is one of the things that impressed me about Bad Kitty. So I don't know if there's a special way to code it? Just thought I would throw it out there, if it is possible.
    Sorry for the delay here,

All apps that run in the background are SUPPOSE to automatically come back after a reboot. However, as you have seen this is not always the case. The current belief is that it has nothing to do with the reboot, but a memory issue when the app tried to last launch and failed thus the alarm to wake it back up in X amount of time never gets reset. We shall see if 1.4.5 brings any improvements to this.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    I created a patch similiar to the mode switcher and brigthness unlinked patch that allows you view to startup on a restart.
    I really enjoy this app, it was worth the money. But having it add a number (one that is cut off and usually missing a digit) and paying for the voice to text are my only complaints. If they fixed those issues I this app would be perfect.
    Congrats on the big win! I wonder if Youmail is wishing they had done an app themselves for WebOS like they did for other platforms, LOL

That's ok, you deserve it and happy that it went to someone that went out of their way to support WebOS
  5.    #1225  
    Thank you, everyone thank you for your support. We will continue to work hard and improve our existing apps and create new and innovative apps to move the platform forward.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Much deserved good sir
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    congrats on the win. this app deserves it.
    I've noticed many developers of apps have been offering to help get a script created to webosinternals for the Save/Restore app so that if we have to doctor, we can recover settings on a bunch of various apps. Youview is currently not in there and I wished the other night that it was as I lost all my saved voicemails and account info. Given the price on this app, I haven't wanted to commit to the bounty (double price of the app) myself, so was wondering if you could maybe donate a free copy of Youview to webosinternals or perhaps write the script for them to get added? The thread for that is located here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html
    There is a full tutorial in there on how to write a script for them.
    Thanks,
  9.    #1229  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I've noticed many developers of apps have been offering to help get a script created to webosinternals for the Save/Restore app so that if we have to doctor, we can recover settings on a bunch of various apps. Youview is currently not in there and I wished the other night that it was as I lost all my saved voicemails and account info. Given the price on this app, I haven't wanted to commit to the bounty (double price of the app) myself, so was wondering if you could maybe donate a free copy of Youview to webosinternals or perhaps write the script for them to get added? The thread for that is located here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html
    There is a full tutorial in there on how to write a script for them.
    Thanks,
    Sure I have no problem doing that as I fully support those guys and their efforts, but it shouldn't be needed for YouView since all the data is also stored on the YouMail server (unless I am misunderstanding the issue you had).

Simply go into Preferences and on the bottom hit "Resync Voicemail" and you will redownload all your messages.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Sure I have no problem doing that as I fully support those guys and their efforts, but it shouldn't be needed for YouView since all the data is also stored on the YouMail server (unless I am misunderstanding the issue you had).

Simply go into Preferences and on the bottom hit "Resync Voicemail" and you will redownload all your messages.
    Oh wow, nice, that did work! Thanks for the tip there. It still would be cool to have the account info all setup though in case you forget your password or such, can be a pain. Thanks for being willing.
    I just got this app and I like it except that I have two voicemails stuck in my verizon mail box that I can't check or delete. I also can't get rid of the notification in the launcher showing them. This is very frustrating, what can I do about it?
  12.    #1232  
    Quote Originally Posted by imgoingforit View Post
    I just got this app and I like it except that I have two voicemails stuck in my verizon mail box that I can't check or delete. I also can't get rid of the notification in the launcher showing them. This is very frustrating, what can I do about it?
    Two methods

1st is open the phone app and in the app menu choose preferences. It will launch a new card and at the bottom will be a button to reset your voicemail count. This will clear that out but will leave the messages on the Verizon system.

Option 2 is to dial *73 to go back to Verizon's system listen and clear the messages out and then resetup YouView by following the instructions here: YouMail Sign In
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

@Arcticus Any plans on releasing any new updates? It's been a while...
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I'd just love it if the synergy feature improved. Would be awesome if the pics I have assigned to my contacts would show up within YouView on those contacts.
  15.    #1235  
    I'd just love it if the synergy feature improved. Would be awesome if the pics I have assigned to my contacts would show up within YouView on those contacts.
    They should in the latest version, the downside is you would have to remove the contact and re-add it to work or upload pics via the web interface and then resync all your contacts a pain but its part of using a beta feature
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

16.    #1236  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Yes we have some improvements and we are working with YouMail on some API enhancements so that is the reason updates have been slower. We finally have some of the new API's tested out and they are ready to be folded into the app. So you should see an update in the next few weeks.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Articus, please clarify something for me. This thread is so long, and I am having trouble finding answers here or in Help. Specifically in "preferences", can you tell me the meaning for the "callback time" and "snooze time", which seem to default to 2hr and 5min, respectively?
  18.    #1238  
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    Articus, please clarify something for me. This thread is so long, and I am having trouble finding answers here or in Help. Specifically in "preferences", can you tell me the meaning for the "callback time" and "snooze time", which seem to default to 2hr and 5min, respectively?
    You can flag a voicemail for follow up by tapping the flag icon. Those times are the default times selected to make the interface easier to use. When the alarm goes off, tapping the icon will snooze it for that period of time.

I do need to update the help section with the new features.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    They should in the latest version, the downside is you would have to remove the contact and re-add it to work or upload pics via the web interface and then resync all your contacts a pain but its part of using a beta feature
    Awesome! I want to try this, but not exactly sure what you mean about remove the contact and re-add it to work? You mean remove the contact from my contacts list in webOS? Most these contacts were brought in from my Facebook profile so I guess this would mean removing my whole Facebook account and then re-adding it? And what web interface are you speaking of as well?
    Thanks
  20.    #1240  
    Awesome! I want to try this, but not exactly sure what you mean about remove the contact and re-add it to work? You mean remove the contact from my contacts list in webOS? Most these contacts were brought in from my Facebook profile so I guess this would mean removing my whole Facebook account and then re-adding it? And what web interface are you speaking of as well?
    Thanks
    No easiest thing to do is go into the YouView preferences and turn Contact Synergy to off, exit the app. Then go back in and turn it back on and add the contacts.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC