Page 61 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
    Articus are there any plans to incorporate missed call notification on the app? I and alot of people I know don't like to leave messages and I don't know I have a missed call until I log into my email
  2.    #1202  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Articus are there any plans to incorporate missed call notification on the app? I and alot of people I know don't like to leave messages and I don't know I have a missed call until I log into my email
    We will add it as soon as YouMail provides the hooks for it. Currently we only have visibility to vm's.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Okay, I'm a little confused on that one. Why would you need YouMail to notify you that you have a missed call, when the Pre does that by default anyway?
  4.    #1204  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Okay, I'm a little confused on that one. Why would you need YouMail to notify you that you have a missed call, when the Pre does that by default anyway?
    Well Palm doesn't give us to access to the missed call log and remember many users use YouView to combine multiple voicemail boxes (ie their office phone). So we would need YouMail to let us know those alternate sources missed a call.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

I use youmail to manage my verizon phone which I don't keep with me all the time. Youview allows me to have a truly unified message center.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Missed call notifications also come in handy if you phone has been turned off, in airplane mode, out of coverage (even if only for a few seconds).
    Searched the forum and can't find an answer to my problem... just signed up your YouMail and attempting (unsuccessfully) to import my contacts. I followed the directions for Palm Desktop, exported to a .cvs file, import, and attempt to upload the file. I am constantly meet with the error "No contacts found". If I open the .cvs file on my computer, there they are! I left all the boxes checked as directed. Thanks for your help
    Also tried selected just 20 contacts for export and trying to upload this file- also no results.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    My wife has YouView on her phone and she loves it but she would also like to be able to check her voicemail sometimes by pressing and holding 1. She cannot do that now. How do I go about setting that up for her?

Thanks in advance!
  10.    #1210  
    Quote Originally Posted by bswan19 View Post
    My wife has YouView on her phone and she loves it but she would also like to be able to check her voicemail sometimes by pressing and holding 1. She cannot do that now. How do I go about setting that up for her?

Thanks in advance!
    In the app menu there is an option to use Touch Tone Interface. That will dial a number to access your voicemail. Simply assign that to a speed dial and she should be good to go.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I used the contact synergy in you view and my contacts synced perfectly.
    If I use my PC and go on You View my contacts shows, but when I use my phone it doesn't show.

What am I doing wrong? Your help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    WebOS has a bug in it still relating to background apps. There are a few theorys myself and DanPLC of GeoStrings are working on with Palm. Until this is fixed you can leave email or text notifications on. It seems to happen on the Sprint Pre's the most which is why memory is the first suspect but that could be a red herring since they make up the majority of the population.
    Do you have a timeline for when this might be fixed? I just opened YouView on a whim and discovered four voicemails from the last two weeks that I had no idea I had received. For now I'm going to turn on text message alerts, but I'd love to know when you think this will be fixed.
    For some reason, either when I try to manually insert a contact in YouMail or do the sync contact option (from the native WebOs contacts), the numbers always come out wrong, i.e. wrong area code.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have a Sprint Palm Pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    If I use my PC and go on You View my contacts shows, but when I use my phone it doesn't show.

What am I doing wrong? Your help would be appreciated.
    Did you turn the sync contact feature on in youview app? under preferences you have to turn contact synergy on. Sometime you have to turn it on and off and back on again and then you will see the message syncing contacts.
    Hey, about the background option...

Is there a way for this to persist through reboots? Currently it doesn't and if I don't remember to open Youview after restarting the phone, then I won't get any voicemail notifications, so I miss them. I keep the phone radio off a large part of the time because of poor reception in my home, so I've been using Youview to get voicemail notifications, so if Youview doesn't alert me it may be hours or a day or so before I see that someone called. I could turn on the email alerts for it (I already have them for hangups...), but I feel like since Youview is there...hopefully I could use it fully instead, although in the mean while I will turn the email alerts on for VMs too.

It is possible, for example, I know Bad Kitty does collect background notifications after reboot without having to be started, it is one of the things that impressed me about Bad Kitty. So I don't know if there's a special way to code it? Just thought I would throw it out there, if it is possible.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Hey, about the background option...

Is there a way for this to persist through reboots? Currently it doesn't and if I don't remember to open Youview after restarting the phone, then I won't get any voicemail notifications, so I miss them. I keep the phone radio off a large part of the time because of poor reception in my home, so I've been using Youview to get voicemail notifications, so if Youview doesn't alert me it may be hours or a day or so before I see that someone called. I could turn on the email alerts for it (I already have them for hangups...), but I feel like since Youview is there...hopefully I could use it fully instead, although in the mean while I will turn the email alerts on for VMs too.

It is possible, for example, I know Bad Kitty does collect background notifications after reboot without having to be started, it is one of the things that impressed me about Bad Kitty. So I don't know if there's a special way to code it? Just thought I would throw it out there, if it is possible.
    I have it open automatically by using the Preware: Mode switcher. You can make it do a whole lot more on reboot, or when you go to bed at night and use a touchstone etc...
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Yeah, I used to have Mode Switcher and although I was running it overclocked with the F102A, it didn't really sit well on my phone. Useful, but severe lag and luna restarts, so I just had to remove it and replaced it mostly with Quick System Tasks. So that's why I came here.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    For some reason, either when I try to manually insert a contact in YouMail or do the sync contact option (from the native WebOs contacts), the numbers always come out wrong, i.e. wrong area code.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have a Sprint Palm Pixi.
    Bump!
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Bump!
    My contacts after syncing always add a phone number that is one number short. It's always missing the last digit. I have to be careful when dialing people that I don't pick that one or else it doesn't have enough numbers to work!