Page 60 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Regarding Google Voice, I couldn't get the authorization email back until I read this at the youmail forum:

Hope this helps others...

Manny
    I was setting up YouMail (via internet) for the first time yesterday and was just about losing my mind with this issue. Luckily I found rpankoe's post in their forums, but YouMail should really make this issue an FAQ on their site (or notify people with gmail addresses that they will have an issue setting up dropbox and to change temporarily to another address as rpankoe discovered). Also, just PM'd Syntactix about updating the sticky'd "Setting up Google Voice" post in their Precentral forum.

I think a lot of us will continue to use GVoice with the the Carrier-->GVoice--> YouMail --> YouView approach (to still get GVoice's multi-phone calling and free crappy voicemail transcripts and YouView's superior WebOS and on-device voicemail access) so hopefully this will help those trying that setup.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 06/25/2010 at 09:28 AM.
    I am not getting my youmail notifications nor email notification yesterday. My dad left me a message yesterday but youmail didn't notify I just happened to go into youmail to check my contact synergy and saw theunread message. Any server problems yesterday?
  3.    #1183  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I am not getting my youmail notifications nor email notification yesterday. My dad left me a message yesterday but youmail didn't notify I just happened to go into youmail to check my contact synergy and saw theunread message. Any server problems yesterday?
    WebOS has a bug in it still relating to background apps. There are a few theorys myself and DanPLC of GeoStrings are working on with Palm. Until this is fixed you can leave email or text notifications on. It seems to happen on the Sprint Pre's the most which is why memory is the first suspect but that could be a red herring since they make up the majority of the population.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Thanks. I finally got this setup. I setup my verizon number as my youview number. My Sprint is associated with my google voice number and is set up to go to voicemail directly. I set my google voice to email to you youmail address. Verizon calls are left on youmail voicemail. Sprint calls are left on google voice and the message alert is sent to voice mail and I can retrieve the message from the app. Google voice calls are left on google voice and the message alert is sent to voice mail and I can retrieve the message from the app. All google voice mails are still retrievable via google voice or youmail. That works flawlessly. My problem now is youmail is not sending the email notification to my gmail account letting me know I recieved a message. Any suggestions on what could be the problem?

Getting email notifications but one is over 2 hours old? Hmmm!
    Last edited by mamouton; 06/28/2010 at 07:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    i confirmed i had 2 voice mails, after almost 2 hours still dont see them. i received the text notification, but don't have the voice message in the app. anyone else having problems?
    2 questions:

1. is there a way to set it up so that you can reply to a voicmail via text with one button (like now how you can press the phone to call that person back).

2. I apparently had 3 verizon voicemails when I set up YouView, how do I check those now?
    kali240, Courousant,

Articus is unavailable for a bit, but he will be checking in later. I cannot comment on what may be going wrong, but figured you would want to know there would be a delay.

Default option: always reboot
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  8.    #1188  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    2 questions:

1. is there a way to set it up so that you can reply to a voicmail via text with one button (like now how you can press the phone to call that person back).

2. I apparently had 3 verizon voicemails when I set up YouView, how do I check those now?
    For #1 it is on our road map to provide this feature and it was originally suppose to fit in with Contacts Synergy, however since Palm has been side tracked with other things and hasn't had a chance to implement the needed changes, we may add this as a stand alone. No comment yet on this until we see what comes out over the next few days

Regarding #2, To listen to voicemails still on your carriers system (Verizon in this case) you will need to revert back temporarily. To do this dial *73 then you will be able to listen to them. To restore back to YouMail follow the instructions here: http://www.youmail.com/help/callForwarding.do
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

downloaded and tested. Youview doesn't seem to work for me at all. Other than the DL/Install on phone, is there anything else that needs to be done? Using Pre on Sprint.
  10.    #1190  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    downloaded and tested. Youview doesn't seem to work for me at all. Other than the DL/Install on phone, is there anything else that needs to be done? Using Pre on Sprint.
    Can you describe not working? Did you run the app and create a YouMail account and run the phone setup wizard?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Articus does the app pull information from Caller Id? I have several calls from people who aren't contacts but their contact information shows up. Cool! Also some of the messages show up as being transcribed but others aren't any rhyme or reason behind that?
  12.    #1192  
    Articus does the app pull information from Caller Id? I have several calls from people who aren't contacts but their contact information shows up. Cool! Also some of the messages show up as being transcribed but others aren't any rhyme or reason behind that?
    Yes, data is pulled from the Caller Id and trumped by Contact data.

Some will show up as transcribed, when you tap the icon, it will drop down with a message saying hey wouldn't it be cool if you could read this? Try it out now for free.

You really should its free plain and simple. No billing info required or having to remember to cancel its a straight up free trial. Also the icons won't light up unless you have the package and a transcription is available once you do the trial.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Thanks for the info. How long is the trial?
  14.    #1194  
    Thanks for the info. How long is the trial?
    7 days
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Can you describe not working? Did you run the app and create a YouMail account and run the phone setup wizard?
    When I open the app, it doesn't show voicemails. I did run the app and created a youmail account. I don't know what the phone setup wizard is so I probably didn't do that. How is that done?
  16.    #1196  
    When I open the app, it doesn't show voicemails. I did run the app and created a youmail account. I don't know what the phone setup wizard is so I probably didn't do that. How is that done?
    It is the next step after you create your YouMail account, follow the instructions here: http://www.youmail.com/help/callForwarding.do

Remember only new voicemails going forward will show up in the app. You also need to provide your YouMail login credentials to the app.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

It is the next step after you create your YouMail account, follow the instructions here: YouMail Sign In

Remember only new voicemails going forward will show up in the app. You also need to provide your YouMail login credentials to the app.
    I followed the above link and typed in the *289 number and it doesn't give a confirmation beep. It doesn't do anything. Right after i hit send, it almost immediately ends the call. Btw, I am roaming right now, do you think that makes a difference?
  18.    #1198  
    I followed the above link and typed in the *289 number and it doesn't give a confirmation beep. It doesn't do anything. Right after i hit send, it almost immediately ends the call. Btw, I am roaming right now, do you think that makes a difference?
    yes you need to be in your coverage area for asterisk codes to work.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

yes you need to be in your coverage area for asterisk codes to work.
    I had to go outside to get some Sprint coverage. Seems to be working fine. Just so I know, how do you disable the *289 forwarding? Also, it shows a test message I just left in the app. Can I listen to that from the app itself?

Thanks for the help. Look forward to using this app
  20.    #1200  
    I had to go outside to get some Sprint coverage. Seems to be working fine. Just so I know, how do you disable the *289 forwarding? Also, it shows a test message I just left in the app. Can I listen to that from the app itself?

Thanks for the help. Look forward to using this app
    Yes just tap the message. To return to Sprints vm dial *38.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC