Page 6 of 78 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwarren2 View Post
    anyone know how to obtain this file?

First you have to signup for the beta testing.

After you are approved, Arcticus will send you information on how to download it. You cannot use preware to get it on your phone. This beta is limited to those approve to test it. You will probably have a response within 48 hrs. Arcticus will be back on later today.

EDIT: you said you signed up, so you just have to wait for an email from Arcticus giving you instructions
    Last edited by shotyme; 12/03/2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: sign up notice
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    sweet, thanks
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I'm running this on the Pixi with the latest 1.3.2 OS and the 1.1.3 update to youmail.

I deleted the email and txt notifications alert. Waiting for a voice mail to see if I only get 1 alert from the app only instead of 3...
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    I will try to do another test on the "sleep" effect. It only happened once, so it could just be an isolated issue, or me just not knowing what I am doing

As far as the play and pause button, I think the best place would be under the scroll bar when it appears. If it is a long msg, then it is conveint to pause at a point on the message rather than play the entire msg, but it is not a deal breaker. I think having them and the ability to seek would be good, at least for me

Any thoughts on the error I get when texting my VM to another phone? I will do some more test
    I don't believe it is an issue of the phone going to sleep but more the app going to card view. This is easily produce-able by :
    1. start playing a VM
    2. hit gesture button to send app to card view
    3. bring back to current app view and you now have to replay the message from the start, because it is not picking up where it left off. And it doesn't play the message when in card view either.
    4. as mentioned as well the scrubbing bar is currently not like a normal scrub bar but more of a current play time bar. making this into a true scrub bar would be nice. (FFWD, RWD, etc.)

I may have missed it about the sound level but why play over the speakerphone only. Why not have an option for headset or speaker, and if it will be the speaker then yes as mentioned increase the volume to use the current phone setting.

So far everything looks really good and it is fast. I like it alot!
  5.    #105  
    The scrubber is on our list of things to implement.
    We are looking into the app loss of focus issue, ie it goes to card view.

As far as playing audio through the speaker only that is a limitation by Palm. We do not have access to play audio through the ear piece.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    New build uploaded (0.1.13)
    Running like a champ here. Folder names are correct. I wish the speaker volume were louder.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    So far all seems rather good im even leaning to disabling email alerts and go with youview only.

oh off topic a bit......if you set your bosses number to one of those "service disconnected" greetings on youmails site.( just for fun ) then the boss here's that greeting.

you can guess what i gotta do now........yup sign him up for youmail and get him signed up for the Youview beta.........lol
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I would love a google wave invite xD
    One thing I noticed today while driving home, was while connected to a bluetooth car kit the messages were muted. The progress bar was moving along like the message was playing but there was no sound at all, nothing through the phone or my bluetooth carkit. When I disconnected the carkit, everything played normal through the phone.
    Last edited by allyrand6347; 12/03/2009 at 08:59 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    All is well here so far
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    I would love a google wave invite xD
    Sent, not sure how long it will take Google to send it. Mine took almost a week
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

How long does it normally take to get the download for the beta youmal app?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

13.    #113  
    New build available (0.1.14). Fixed audio when app loses focus. Added support for custom folders. Folder's don't sync yet (vm's aren't flagged as new on folder change).
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Wow that was freakin fast! looks great so far.

The only thing ive noticed so far is the background color, I know you can not please everybody, But a blue background w/ white text would be sweet.

photoshopped:

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post

The only thing ive noticed so far is the background color, I know you can not please everybody, But a blue background w/ white text would be sweet.

photoshopped:

Something to keep in mind for the preferences section
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

photoshopped:

no kidding, that was really fast! i got mine up and running and it looks good, thanks Articus!
    One thing i didnt see is mark all read and delete all. Did I miss it somewhere?

Follow the link below.

18.    #118  
    One thing i didnt see is mark all read and delete all. Did I miss it somewhere?
    Nope still needs to be added
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Add to contacts doesnt seem to do that!

Not enabled yet?

Also have you thought about slide to delete? with confirmation of course.
    Last edited by 2sslow; 12/04/2009 at 12:21 AM.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Just got the app loaded and it works great. I tried to read all the post before posting but I might have missed something so if this has already be talk about just let me know.

Is there a way to allow the user to select a custom sync interval or manual only?

It would also be nice if the picture that showed up when a VM comes in was taken from the local contacts on the phone and not the contacts from the website. I know I do not want to have to import everything into youmail from my phone. That is the great thing about the Pre is all the different places we can synch from and when people update there information we get the updated. So if there was any way to cross-reference a local contact that would be awesome.

Thanks for the great app....