Page 55 of 78 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    When I click to "Create From Address Book" I select some people and they don't add. I'm wondering if maybe again because their "Primary Profile" may not have a number and it's not syncing their entire contact info?
    Last edited by rpankoe; 05/14/2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: corrected term
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Is there no select all for adding contacts to youmail? I have facebook synced and have over 200+ contacts..... That would take all day manually.

edit: every time I add a contact it duplicates a previous one or deletes a previous one......
  3.    #1083  
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyZ39 View Post
    Is there no select all for adding contacts to youmail? I have facebook synced and have over 200+ contacts..... That would take all day manually.

edit: every time I add a contact it duplicates a previous one or deletes a previous one......
    At this time Palm's Synergy tech needs some love to work properly, so we recommend using the web interface at Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail to sync your contacts. There you can sync with Facebook (including photos), Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, or any CSV formated file.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    At this time Palm's Synergy tech needs some love to work properly, so we recommend using the web interface at Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail to sync your contacts. There you can sync with Facebook (including photos), Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, or any CSV formated file.
    I didn't actually find a way to sync with Facebook with photos on there (or facebook at all for that matter). There is for Webmail interface (Gmail/Yahoo) or a CSV though..
  5.    #1085  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    I didn't actually find a way to sync with Facebook with photos on there (or facebook at all for that matter). There is for Webmail interface (Gmail/Yahoo) or a CSV though..
    Sorry the Facebook one isn't in the Contacts section.

http://www.youmail.com/youmail/user/mySocialNetworks.do
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Sorry the Facebook one isn't in the Contacts section.

YouMail Sign In
    Yeah, found that. Not sure what it actually does for you though. It doesn't bring them into contacts. Maybe it just adds a photo from facebook to someone that you just enter a phone number for in the contacts?
  7.    #1087  
    Yeah, found that. Not sure what it actually does for you though. It doesn't bring them into contacts. Maybe it just adds a photo from facebook to someone that you just enter a phone number for in the contacts?
    It should make sure you turn off the filter to only show contacts with a phone number, also it may only sync contacts with a phone number. I'll look into it.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    It should make sure you turn off the filter to only show contacts with a phone number, also it may only sync contacts with a phone number. I'll look into it.
    yeah, I'm showing "All contacts" instead of just with a number.. Only ones there are the ones that I added from my Pre contact list even though i've got that facebook linked in at the previous post. I have the allow voicemail posts TO facebook wall turned off however.
  9.    #1089  
    I have the allow voicemail posts TO facebook wall turned off however.
    That shouldn't matter.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Liking YouView a lot. Being able to download and have random access to voicemail is a game changer.

Two issues with how it interacts with the Pre's Phone app:

1. The contacts list in the phone app has duplicate entries for every phone number that's been synced with YouView.
    2. The voicemail icon doesn't seem to be reprogrammable; it and the šE key still ring through to Sprint's voicemail.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Liking YouView a lot. Being able to download and have random access to voicemail is a game changer.

Two issues with how it interacts with the Pre's Phone app:

1. The contacts list in the phone app has duplicate entries for every phone number that's been synced with YouView.
    2. The voicemail icon doesn't seem to be reprogrammable; it and the šE key still ring through to Sprint's voicemail.
    that could probably be corrected with an addition patch, but then it would need to be updated and reinstalled everytime there's a WebOS update.
    Are pictures ever coming to youview? All I see are just shapes.
  13.    #1093  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Are pictures ever coming to youview? All I see are just shapes.
    Pictures are there, log into Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail and sync your contacts. You then can upload pictures of contacts. Also you should be able to sync your facebook account and grab those contacts with pictures.

Treo you mentioned in the other thread about confused messages, aka when multiple messages come in at once they get mixed up? Can you give us some more info on this. Do all messages come in just not to the right caller or what exactly happens so we can fix the issue.

Thanks!

Also try out the 7 day free trial for transcriptions, I'd like an unbiased opinion on how well they do.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I have YouView setup with Google Voice.
    Have you guys ever received three voicemails at the same time and having them mixed up in youview? It happened to me yesterday when my dad called and left me a message, then my brother left me another one and my dad called again to leave another voicemail. I got 1 from my dad with my brother's name instead. Weird....
    Really? How does facebook synch pictures with youmail? I can't figure that out. I was able to upload pictures manually to youmail though thanks.
    My account -> Social Networks

Cool!
    I'm starting to love this app!!! I have a few questions:
    I see there is a Contacts section that says it is under beta. Will I be able to update or add my phone contacts with numbers and picture to my youmail web account? But it isn't recommended to be used yet? Why? A bit more info about this feature would be nice.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I'm starting to love this app!!! I have a few questions:
    I see there is a Contacts section that says it is under beta. Will I be able to update or add my phone contacts with numbers and picture to my youmail web account? But it isn't recommended to be used yet? Why? A bit more info about this feature would be nice.
    Thanks!
    There are some limitations on Palms side that doesn't allow some features for contacts. You can add contacts manually in the App and you might be able to add from the contact list on the Pre (works for some and not for others). What I did (and seems to be the easiest) was to sync your contacts with Gmail and import them into Youmail. Just go to Youmail and go under contacts, import and sign into your Gmail account. The Youview app will sync all of the contacts once you have enabled Contacts Synergy or simply click on contacts and "turn it on".
    Hope this helps some. It is explained in this thread, but I understand it's a bit long to go through.
    ..........and for the record, I LOVE THIS APP!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineon View Post
    There are some limitations on Palms side that doesn't allow some features for contacts. You can add contacts manually in the App and you might be able to add from the contact list on the Pre (works for some and not for others). What I did (and seems to be the easiest) was to sync your contacts with Gmail and import them into Youmail. Just go to Youmail and go under contacts, import and sign into your Gmail account. The Youview app will sync all of the contacts once you have enabled Contacts Synergy or simply click on contacts and "turn it on".
    Hope this helps some. It is explained in this thread, but I understand it's a bit long to go through.
    ..........and for the record, I LOVE THIS APP!
    Thank you! I've followed your steps and it seems to work. How does the synch work? Is it two-way synching or one way from Pre to YouMail or the other way?
    is this a free app
    I got most of my contacts to synch using the YouView app. However, the pictures from my Pre didn't get synched. Only Facebook pictures are showing. Any ideas?

Also, I tried to manually add the pictures and it isn't saving them... I guess that feature doesn't work yet.
    Last edited by TreoRock; 05/25/2010 at 04:42 PM.