Page 54 of 78 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1061  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Ril View Post
    Umm, I think I'm more confused now... hah.

Ok, so if I wanted, let's say, a recording of me saying "Hey Arcticus! I'm loving your app" but only to greet when your number dialed it, I would set that up through the youmail website? (Is that going to fall under some monthly charge or the free version?) Btw, I'm not looking for transcribed text which I see there is a charge for that.

And, if the above is true, then the app is there to simplify the process, rather than going to the site itself on the phone?

edit:
    I figured it all out. You basically manage most of the stuff online from a p.c. and use the app for convenience to check the messages and play with certain settings. Which if is anyone is mislead by that statement, I bought the app within a few minutes of trying to play messages from the webpage on the phone. Oh, and without Adobe Flash, you need the app regardless.
    Eventually the app will support all the features and configurability of the web interface.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  2.    #1062  
    Do you know if something is wrong with the site itself? I'm getting sent to an error redirect page as soon as I log in and can't access my account. I'm emailing the site's tech support but if you might know a quick fix, that would be fantastic.
    Hmm don't know, give it another go. I just logged in with no issue.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

3.    #1063  
    This sucks! It does let me log in...that's the only time it actually gets to an error page: http://www.youmail.com/youmail/error.jsp

Do you know if they block accounts or something? I uploaded a ditchmail that wasn't too friendly, but I've seen worse so it wouldn't make sense.

Their response time to issues for premium users is over 24 hours so now I'm stuck.
    No they shouldn't, shoot me a PM with your phone number and email and I will forward it to my contacts at YouMail.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

4.    #1064  
    Man I'm having network issues! Lol, I sent you a PM but I'm not showing a sent message in my inbox. Lmk if you got it I guess.
    Got It
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

5.    #1065  
    Man I'm having network issues! Lol, I sent you a PM but I'm not showing a sent message in my inbox. Lmk if you got it I guess.
    Talk to YouMail and you should be good to go, your account was created right on the edge of a DB upgrade so it got foobarred. Its all fixed now.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

6.    #1066  
    Thanks again! I'm loving this app!
    No prob let us know if you have questions or issues. All we ask is an awesome 5 star review in the catalog and to tell every Palm user you see
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

7.    #1067  
    Need a few testers for a new release candidate, let me know if interested.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    I'm in!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I'll be a Guinea Pig as well.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Count me in! I love this app and I'll test anything ya got!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    I'll be glad to help, I can also install it on my wife and daughter's pixi's if you need both platforms.
  12.    #1072  
    If interested PM me your email addresses
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    In the new RC, I installed and it dialed the number to setup my sprint phone, but immediately disconnected. I back-swiped and it went back to the previous screen where I could do it again and all installed fine then. i did the Youmail setup via the app. Seems to be working fine.

EDIT: realized what happened... When it dialed *28xxxxxxxxx, it all worked fine, but I didn't know what it was doing. You should put a popup before it dials the number advising that it will dial a number and then disconnect itself (setting up the call forwarding). Also make it so that you CAN'T swipe back from that point because after all was done after I got to the contacts and setup some other stuff, if I continued to swipe back, it took me all the way back to where it was setting up the account again and setting up that forwarding (making the outgoing call).
    Last edited by rpankoe; 05/14/2010 at 07:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I did notice a lag in receiving the voicemail notifications. Will they come right away or only via a scheduled alarm?
  15.    #1075  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    I did notice a lag in receiving the voicemail notifications. Will they come right away or only via a scheduled alarm?
    5 minute scheduled alarm.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Sounds good. I did notice however that my contacts are set to sync and it says syncing and then sync complete, but no contacts showed up in the app. I was able to manually add contacts in the app and then they worked when receiving calls from those people, but would not otherwise sync. Are all my contacts supposed to sync, or only those that I add one by one?
  17.    #1077  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Sounds good. I did notice however that my contacts are set to sync and it says syncing and then sync complete, but no contacts showed up in the app. I was able to manually add contacts in the app and then they worked when receiving calls from those people, but would not otherwise sync. Are all my contacts supposed to sync, or only those that I add one by one?
    Syncing works from YouMail down to the phone, and you have to manually select contacts to Sync from Phone to YouMail. Check out Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail for more options.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I might also suggest that every time you open the app and it does a sync that it not make an audible notification beep/vibrate.

EDIT: Ok, it stopped doing this all the time. Not sure now when it syncs.
    Last edited by rpankoe; 05/14/2010 at 07:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Contact syncing is on, but the photo doesn't sync to youmail. Is that purposeful, or should it have? Actually, didn't sync into Youview for that matter.. It's in the Palm Pre contact though.

EDIT: Looks like it DID actually sync, but I did further investigating and it seems to only sync the "Primary Profile" for that person and not the whole contact. That is why the photo did not sync it seems. If the primary profile for that person is set to "Outlook" so that any changes I make goto that via PocketMirror and not set to the facebook contact, then that person's photo is not sync'ed to the YouView contact (even though it's shown on their linked profiles in all other contact apps).
    Last edited by rpankoe; 05/14/2010 at 07:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Callers occasionally can't leave a message at all after it rings and I ignore the call. I'm assuming it may be a Sprint issue with the forwarding? It does work most of the time though, but I may be missing a few voicemails when people can't leave them because of the message. Now when I'm trying to call it from work to get the message, I can't get it to reproduce, but after the message that I had received it have the "Message xxx" carrier diagnostic message .. wondering it's like a all circuits busy kind of message (even though that's not what it says) when it tries to forward the call over to the YouMail server.
    Last edited by rpankoe; 05/14/2010 at 07:40 PM.