Page 53 of 78 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1041  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmboy View Post
    Still pretty low. I can have it on half way and not hear the voicemail at all. Maybe it's my phone. Is it loud for everyone on maximum volume?
    hmmm, I personally find it ok but I seem to get varying answers depending on who I ask. Unfortunately there is not much we can do till Palm gives us access.

Now that being said Palm just contacted a bunch of developers regarding Synergy Contact integration. So maybe if we win the Hot Apps promotion we will have more pull and get something like ear piece access (and mic) sooner than later.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Great, hopefully. I'm going to see if there is patch to increase my speaker volume.
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
    Just downloaded the app and finished the setup but my messages aren't being forwarded to my youmail account, still going to my normal voice-mail account. What do I need to do to get this thing rolling
  4.    #1044  
    Quote Originally Posted by northlit1 View Post
    Just downloaded the app and finished the setup but my messages aren't being forwarded to my youmail account, still going to my normal voice-mail account. What do I need to do to get this thing rolling
    Replied to your PM but in case others need this, to manually setup your phone,

YouMail Sign In
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

my google voice transcriptions show up in youview very truncated, i.e. only the first 5 or 6 words. Do you know if it is google voice or youview causing this?
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    This would be great! (along with the oft requested bump in volume!) the "custom" setting could have mins/hours/days as options... I.E. I get a VM from a friend, but don't want to call them back until after work in say, 3 hours or so...

Hope you win the hot app contast! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Some one mentioned what seemed like a neat feature to me the other day. For the Flag icon to highlight as voicemail, what would you think of an option to set a calendar/task event to remind you to follow up on the voicemail? So you would tap the icon and it would give you a list of options say:

Highlight
    Remind Me in 24 Hours
    Remind Me in 3 Days
    Remind Me in 1 Week
    Remind Me Custom

Looking for feedback on the general concept and also on implementation from a UI perspective.

BTW I am still working on the update dynamic icons, been a busy week.
  7.    #1047  
    Some one mentioned what seemed like a neat feature to me the other day. For the Flag icon to highlight as voicemail, what would you think of an option to set a calendar/task event to remind you to follow up on the voicemail?
    Should this feature be a calendar event or an app event like a dashboard notification.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Personalym I think a dashboard notification reminder would be fine. Although, going the calendar route would allow for more than just a simple call-back reminder.

But, a simple Call-back reminder is all I would want.

anyone else want to chime in w/ ideas? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Should this feature be a calendar event or an app event like a dashboard notification.
  9.    #1049  
    OK here is how we think we are going to do it:

Tap the Flag icon.
    Presented with choice of Flag for Follow Up or Set Callback Reminder
    If Flag for Follow Up then do as we do today
    If Set Callback Reminder, a popup will come up where you can select Weeks, Days, Hours, Minutes.
    Once set you will get the Red Flag icon with a little clock in the corner
    If you tap a set icon it will clear the reminder.

When the reminder goes off you will get a dashboard notification letting you know. The question now is what to do when tapped? Should we dial the number if available or open YouView? Swiping away the alarm will clear it, and will have to implement a way to snooze.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

10.    #1050  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Ril View Post
    Sorry for not reading through 53 pages of comments first but my question is simple.

I am about to purchase the app solely to set certain voicemail greetings for particular callers. By setting up a sound file in the app to a particular number (before it ever calls) will this greeting be played when the number calls my Sprint number? Or would that caller have to call another number (i.e. Google Voice number) first?
    It will use your Sprint phone number.

FYI, the feature set you want to use is available, but currently can only be setup through the web interface at Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    .oops...posted in error..

FrankenPre2!!!
    So, I just purchased this app and have been trying to install it properly on my phone, but am running into a snag. Every time I get to the step to setup my phone it warns me that it will now "prompt you to dial a code to setup your carrier to use YouMail". It then switches over to my phone and dials the number *289095106169, which doesn't even ring, it just beeps then hangs up. I am then prompted to enter my phone number again and a code. What exactly does this do? Am I not supposed to receive a code from the phone call from them? I am trying to understand how to set this up so I can see when I get a voicemail and use all of my options. Please help. Any help is greatly appreciated here.

Thanks )
  13.    #1053  
    Quote Originally Posted by halostar9 View Post
    So, I just purchased this app and have been trying to install it properly on my phone, but am running into a snag. Every time I get to the step to setup my phone it warns me that it will now "prompt you to dial a code to setup your carrier to use YouMail". It then switches over to my phone and dials the number *289095106169, which doesn't even ring, it just beeps then hangs up. I am then prompted to enter my phone number again and a code. What exactly does this do? Am I not supposed to receive a code from the phone call from them? I am trying to understand how to set this up so I can see when I get a voicemail and use all of my options. Please help. Any help is greatly appreciated here.

Thanks )
    I believe I got you setup, if not let me know.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I am frustrated and annoyed. I purchased this app, and it was running pretty well. At one point, new messages stopped being populated (even though they existed online). Finally, no messages are showing up.

I tried resyncing my credentials and messages, but nothing changed--except for a small message at the bottom saying "18 new messages". But the entire screen is blank.

I tried to reinstall it, but IT LOOKS LIKE THE APP WAS PULLED FROM THE APP CATALOG. When I use the link from PreCentral to get to the app in the app catalog a message appears "THAT IS NOT A VALID WEBOS APPLICATION".

PLEASE tell me what is going on here, and if your app is not longer available, or now long er works, how I can get a refund.

I am on Verizon 1.4.1.1 with a Palm Pre Plus.

Thank you.
  15.    #1055  
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMaestro View Post
    I am frustrated and annoyed. I purchased this app, and it was running pretty well. At one point, new messages stopped being populated (even though they existed online). Finally, no messages are showing up.

I tried resyncing my credentials and messages, but nothing changed--except for a small message at the bottom saying "18 new messages". But the entire screen is blank.

I tried to reinstall it, but IT LOOKS LIKE THE APP WAS PULLED FROM THE APP CATALOG. When I use the link from PreCentral to get to the app in the app catalog a message appears "THAT IS NOT A VALID WEBOS APPLICATION".

PLEASE tell me what is going on here, and if your app is not longer available, or now long er works, how I can get a refund.

I am on Verizon 1.4.1.1 with a Palm Pre Plus.

Thank you.
    Looks like palm is having issues with the redirect in the link as all apps seem to error out, simply search for YouView in the app catalog and reinstall the app.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Search is not working either. YouView cannot be found in the WebOS App Catalog.

Can you please explain why the app seems to have stopped functioning and why it seems to also have disappeared...
  17.    #1057  
    Search is not working either. YouView cannot be found in the WebOS App Catalog.

Can you please explain why the app seems to have stopped functioning and why it seems to also have disappeared...
    You are a Verizon customer so you had the background app issue until you upgraded to 1.4.1.1

Some users report that the only way to fully recover from the bug is to delete and reinstall apps affected by it.

Looks like Palm broke it. Try searching "twitter" and you will get nothing. I promise you the app is still there
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    OK....so I deleted it. Now what? I paid for the app....how can I get it back now?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    P.S. I browsed all the business apps one-by-one and youview was not there...
  20.    #1060  
    P.S. I browsed all the business apps one-by-one and youview was not there...
    Under

Productivity - Gadgets
    Productivity - Tools

Wonder why we are there? Anyway thats where you can grab it.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC