Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1021  
    Sure just need to play with the images. I will post a few samples and you guys can tell which yoy prefer. Figure a day or so timeline wise.
  2.    #1022  
    A huge THANK YOU to all our users who have supported us so far. We are currently the #1 app in Palm's Hot Apps competition!

Now be sure to tell your friends so we can stay there and remember we are here to help so any issues let us know.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    congratulations
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Hey Arcticus, maybe with your 100,000 you can fly us all in and have lunch together, your treat lol congratulations man, your awesome ideas and your personal support assistance, was a no-brainier on why this is #1
    voicemails i already have saved, will those be converted once this is running or will it only do new and incoming vms? thanks
  6.    #1026  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman8 View Post
    voicemails i already have saved, will those be converted once this is running or will it only do new and incoming vms? thanks
    Only new messages going forward. Any messages on your existing voicemail will remain there but not show up in YouView.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

7.    #1027  
    Some one mentioned what seemed like a neat feature to me the other day. For the Flag icon to highlight as voicemail, what would you think of an option to set a calendar/task event to remind you to follow up on the voicemail? So you would tap the icon and it would give you a list of options say:

Highlight
    Remind Me in 24 Hours
    Remind Me in 3 Days
    Remind Me in 1 Week
    Remind Me Custom

Looking for feedback on the general concept and also on implementation from a UI perspective.

BTW I am still working on the update dynamic icons, been a busy week.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Some one mentioned what seemed like a neat feature to me the other day. For the Flag icon to highlight as voicemail, what would you think of an option to set a calendar/task event to remind you to follow up on the voicemail? So you would tap the icon and it would give you a list of options say:

Highlight
    Remind Me in 24 Hours
    Remind Me in 3 Days
    Remind Me in 1 Week
    Remind Me Custom

Looking for feedback on the general concept and also on implementation from a UI perspective.

I think this would be a great feature.
    Are you on Verizon or Sprint? What version of WebOs are you running.
    I'm on Sprint running 1.4.1.1 ... patched up a bit and running some homebrew. I was able to overcome the problem and haven't had a repeat issue. Really enjoy the app and enjoy your engagement with users on this forum as well. Nice work!
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Highlight
    Remind Me in 24 Hours
    Remind Me in 3 Days
    Remind Me in 1 Week
    Remind Me Custom

I think this would be a great addition to a great app. Maybe a few options for 10 or 15 minute reminders as well as the day(s). You could actually get rid of the flag option and add these option to the gears icon, might clean it up a bit even though it looks fine already.
    Not only is this app awesome, but the support on here is simply fantastic!
    Thanks Arcticus, you rock the hizzy!
  11.    #1031  
    Seems callback reminder events and a notes section are the two biggest feature requests (other than the obvious ear piece playback etc).

Also doing some big contact syncing rewriting.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

quick question, I tryed the free version and it was nice I just bought the paid one lastnight, and trying to sync my numbers but taking fo ever and trying to find voice to text
    Arcticus-
    Two quick questions - i'm new to the app, but tried to read thru the forum before bothering you-
    1. in contact settings, under voicemail privileges, what is 'blocking contact: true/false"?
    2. i've signed up thru youmail for their transcription service, but i didn't realize that i'd get transcriptions thru the youview app as well, so currently i'm getting them via SMS and from the youview app. can i turn off the sms?

tx-
    dr. s

ps VERY impressed with your involvement in the forum!
  14.    #1034  
    Quote Originally Posted by drscott View Post
    Arcticus-
    Two quick questions - i'm new to the app, but tried to read thru the forum before bothering you-
    1. in contact settings, under voicemail privileges, what is 'blocking contact: true/false"?
    2. i've signed up thru youmail for their transcription service, but i didn't realize that i'd get transcriptions thru the youview app as well, so currently i'm getting them via SMS and from the youview app. can i turn off the sms?

tx-
    dr. s

ps VERY impressed with your involvement in the forum!
    Regarding #1, YouMail provides the ability to block a contact from leaving you a voicemail. That setting allows you to control this.

Now for #2 you can turn the sms transcription off via the web interface at Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail. I am not sure if the same sms setting is used for transcriptions as is message notifications. I believe it is so you should also be able to turn this off in the Apps Preferences section.

Thank you and feel free to shoot us an email or post here on the forums any questions or issues you may have. We only ask you give us a 5 star review in the app catalog and tell all your other WebOs friends.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Arcticus-
    Thanks for the prompt response. I've adjusted my settings accordingly... (and posted some happiness in the app catalog reviews

Dr. S
    So far I like this appp. The only draw back for me is the volume of the messages. I have it maximum on my Pre and I find it is very low and I need to put it up to my ear sometimes to hear it. I would rather hit the play button and have it come through the earpeace and listen to it like that.

Is there a way to listen to your messages through the ear speaker?
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
  17.    #1037  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmboy View Post
    So far I like this appp. The only draw back for me is the volume of the messages. I have it maximum on my Pre and I find it is very low and I need to put it up to my ear sometimes to hear it. I would rather hit the play button and have it come through the earpeace and listen to it like that.

Is there a way to listen to your messages through the ear speaker?
    No Palm does not currently give developers access to the ear piece for media playback. One thing to keep in mind is the volume is tied to music volume not system volume so make sure the volume with the music note is turned up all the way.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

No Palm does not currently give developers access to the ear piece for media playback. One thing to keep in mind is the volume is tied to music volume not system volume so make sure the volume with the music note is turned up all the way.
    Where is the volume control for that? I don't have that under Sounds & Ringtones.

Edit....I use the volume up when the message is played and I see teh note. But it was already on maximum. Just would like it a bit louder.
  19.    #1039  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmboy View Post
    Where is the volume control for that? I don't have that under Sounds & Ringtones.
    Easiest thing to do is play a longer voicemail and while its playing adjust the volume using the volume keys.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Easiest thing to do is play a longer voicemail and while its playing adjust the volume using the volume keys.
    Still pretty low. I can have it on half way and not hear the voicemail at all. Maybe it's my phone. Is it loud for everyone on maximum volume?