Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1001  
    Quote Originally Posted by wayles View Post
    Maybe my problem is bigger than the notification issue. When I go into the YouView app I can't see the messages either. They are there when I go to the YouMail website but they aren't in the list of messages in the YouView app.
    check your login credentials, under the app menu select Edit Login Information and then under preferences do a Resync Voicemails.

If all else fails the quickest thing to do is delete and reinstall.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    The resync voicemails seemed to do the trick - is that a one time fix you think or something I need to do regularly?

Thanks
  3.    #1003  
    Quote Originally Posted by wayles View Post
    The resync voicemails seemed to do the trick - is that a one time fix you think or something I need to do regularly?

Thanks
    It will be a one time thing once Verizon gets 1.4.1.1, until then if you experience issues just resync.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

are their any plans on allowing to download a certain voicemail tone at youmail.com right inside youview, instead of going to the website?
  5.    #1005  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    are their any plans on allowing to download a certain voicemail tone at youmail.com right inside youview, instead of going to the website?
    Yes, we believe we can do it currently if you have a wav or mp3 on your phone but most people would want to record their own which until we have mic access is a no go. Now if you think it would still be beneficial to be able to upload greetings from your phone that you don't record we could fold that in sooner than later.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Yes, we believe we can do it currently if you have a wav or mp3 on your phone but most people would want to record their own which until we have mic access is a no go. Now if you think it would still be beneficial to be able to upload greetings from your phone that you don't record we could fold that in sooner than later.
    Cool cant wait, but i was mostly talking about the pre-recorded ones that are on the website at youmail.com, like the ones that are funny and like celebrity voices and assign them to you contact of choice just like how you would do at youmail.com, or at least preview which greeting you currently have for a contact inside the youmail app with out needing to go to a computer and looking, Is this possible?
  7.    #1007  
    Cool cant wait, but i was mostly talking about the pre-recorded ones that are on the website at youmail.com, like the ones that are funny and like celebrity voices and assign them to you contact of choice just like how you would do at youmail.com, or at least preview which greeting you currently have for a contact inside the youmail app with out needing to go to a computer and looking, Is this possible?
    When we were designing the app, that was one of the topics for discussion. The answer is yes we will be providing it. The way it will work is the community greeting site needs to become mobile friendly and then we will use a webview widget to allow the user to peruse and select a greeting and then assign it to a contact or group. So to answer your question yes it is in the plans but definitely something that is further down the road.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Thanks Arcticus, for letting me know. Other then that things for me has been great with 1.4.1.1, cant wait for furture updates
  9.    #1009  
    Thanks Arcticus, for letting me know. Other then that things for me has been great with 1.4.1.1, cant wait for furture updates
    No problem and thank you. Don't forget to give us a 5 star review in the app catalog we need it!
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

hmmm downloaded voicemails should be deleted when you delete it in the app. We in the middle of converting all our async calls to be Garbage Collection proof (see the big facebook article if you want the tech details). Can't say this is related to that but sounds like it could be since both those things are Mojo Service calls. Any further testing you do on the issue would be appreciated.

Oh and by the way you should be able to redownload the message from the gear icon.
    Same problem here with spinning 'loading' message. Tried the gear icon, gave it a couple of minutes and now when I click on the message, nothing happens ... won't show the play slider at all. Message plays on YouMail website just fine.
    Kept playing with settings and overcame the spinning loading issue on the message that was giving me problems. After trying to play with no response from the app (no play slider bar would appear), I hit 'download to Phone', then 'Mark as Unread', went to Prefernces and hit 'check for new messages', closed app, reopened app and it finally played. Something definitely buggy in there.
  12.    #1012  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhawksr1 View Post
    Kept playing with settings and overcame the spinning loading issue on the message that was giving me problems. After trying to play with no response from the app (no play slider bar would appear), I hit 'download to Phone', then 'Mark as Unread', went to Prefernces and hit 'check for new messages', closed app, reopened app and it finally played. Something definitely buggy in there.
    Are you on Verizon or Sprint? What version of WebOs are you running.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    So whats with the 5.52 update i just discovered ???

Hey Arcticus you trying to sneak an update past us?? Huh...LOL
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  14.    #1014  
    LOL actually we got same day service from Palm! Submitted the update in the yesterday morning expecting it some time next mid next week and it posted late last night.

Version 0.5.52

• New dynamic app icon. App icon will now show how many unread voicemails you have.
    • Asynchronous callbacks are now garabage collection safe thanks to the Palm Facebook team.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Hey Arcticus, Just wanted to let you know that i am really loving the new icon which tells me how many unheard messages i have. keep's on getting better with each up date ever since i was beta testing, now if i can get that icon to only tell me when that unheard massage is from my kids mother this way i don't have to click on it lol
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    LOL actually we got same day service from Palm! Submitted the update in the yesterday morning expecting it some time next mid next week and it posted late last night.[/LIST]
    You must be special......now use some of that "we are special" to get some control of the speaker....LOL

Was wondering if user selectable voice mail waiting tones were in the works??
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    You must be special......now use some of that "we are special" to get some control of the speaker....LOL

Was wondering if user selectable voice mail waiting tones were in the works??
    Yes, I could really use both of those requests!
    Hey Arcticus, I am new to YouView (as of today).

I turned off 1) Background Polling; 2) Auto Download; and 3) Bulletins (not even sure what "Bulletins" is?).

However, I am still getting YouView Notifications. I am worried about "any" additional drain on my battery. I would rather just get the text alert and avoid any background processing. Can you tell me how to stop the background processing? Thanks

P.S. So far...liking YouView!
  19.    #1019  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    Hey Arcticus, I am new to YouView (as of today).

I turned off 1) Background Polling; 2) Auto Download; and 3) Bulletins (not even sure what "Bulletins" is?).

However, I am still getting YouView Notifications. I am worried about "any" additional drain on my battery. I would rather just get the text alert and avoid any background processing. Can you tell me how to stop the background processing? Thanks

P.S. So far...liking YouView!
    Turning off background polling does just that, it will only check for new voicemails when your phone is awake for another reason. It will not wake up on its own to check. Therefore you will still get new voicmail notifications but you should only get them if your phone is awake for another reason.

I would turn bulletins on, what this is is the app will check our server once ever 24 hours for announcements from us. We notify users of updates or issues that maybe going on. Autodownload means that it will download the voicmail when it is received by the app rather than streaming it.

Hope this answers your questions and feel free to ask more! and don't forget to give us a 5 star review in the catalog.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Love the new icon as well - but could the dynamic number be a little larger - more in-line with the other dymanic icon such as email & messaging?

Those of us w/ old eyes would love it! :-)
    LOL actually we got same day service from Palm! Submitted the update in the yesterday morning expecting it some time next mid next week and it posted late last night.

Version 0.5.52

• New dynamic app icon. App icon will now show how many unread voicemails you have.
    • Asynchronous callbacks are now garabage collection safe thanks to the Palm Facebook team.