Page 50 of 78 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
    Great app, it's a shame no one ever calls me, I barely get to use it
    probly a stupid question, but i saw somethings about sprint doesnt charge the forwarding, but i have the pre plus on vzw. is this all still free and whatnot for me? thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman8 View Post
    probly a stupid question, but i saw somethings about sprint doesnt charge the forwarding, but i have the pre plus on vzw. is this all still free and whatnot for me? thanks!
    Good question... conditional call forwarding on Sprint is Free. On VZW I'm unsure, just call their billing support line and ask... If they say conditional call forwarding is free, ask them the procedure to activate and deactivate it.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    I originally came from VZW. If they haven't changed their policies, call forwarding is free. I loved using Youmail for the free visual voice me and me and others bugged Sprint to death until they offered the free forwarding. When you sign up or change your carrier on Youmail, it will mention whether or not your carrier has a charge.
  5.    #985  
    Verizon offers conditional call forwarding for free.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    awesome! and as far as activating it goes...? i can always call verizon but i figure if somebody here knows you will be able to tell me better than they would and this will just be easier. thanks!
    Hmm, I just got a voicemail where the notification popped up correctly, the icon says that it auto-downloaded it as expected, but when I tap on it to play it, it just says "Loading..." and the wheel doesn't stop spinning.

Looking through the directory on the internal storage of the Pre, it appears that it didn't actually auto-download.

In addition, all of the old voicemails are still there. I didn't expect that, though it makes sense since I don't think the API for file deletions is there.
  8.    #988  
    awesome! and as far as activating it goes...? i can always call verizon but i figure if somebody here knows you will be able to tell me better than they would and this will just be easier. thanks!
    The app will attempt to do the setup for you or you can visit Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail and it will walk you through how to do it. It basically involves just dialing a special number.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

9.    #989  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hmm, I just got a voicemail where the notification popped up correctly, the icon says that it auto-downloaded it as expected, but when I tap on it to play it, it just says "Loading..." and the wheel doesn't stop spinning.

Looking through the directory on the internal storage of the Pre, it appears that it didn't actually auto-download.

In addition, all of the old voicemails are still there. I didn't expect that, though it makes sense since I don't think the API for file deletions is there.
    hmmm downloaded voicemails should be deleted when you delete it in the app. We in the middle of converting all our async calls to be Garbage Collection proof (see the big facebook article if you want the tech details). Can't say this is related to that but sounds like it could be since both those things are Mojo Service calls. Any further testing you do on the issue would be appreciated.

Oh and by the way you should be able to redownload the message from the gear icon.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

awesome! one last question (i promise)... voicemails i already have saved, will those be converted once this is running or will it only do new and incoming vms? thanks again, you're the man
    Question: I already have a Youmail account setup at home for my Voicepulse home phone. I'm currenly using your app for that line. I also want to switch my Sprint line to Youmail. I do need to keep my cell and home voicemail somewhat separate. Is there a way to add a second account, or maybe a add a feature for a second account on your app?
  12.    #992  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchman71 View Post
    Question: I already have a Youmail account setup at home for my Voicepulse home phone. I'm currenly using your app for that line. I also want to switch my Sprint line to Youmail. I do need to keep my cell and home voicemail somewhat separate. Is there a way to add a second account, or maybe a add a feature for a second account on your app?
    Currently YouView can only handle one YouMail account. My best suggestion would be to use the folder system. Now you sparked a great idea that like email YouMail should have rules. It is kind of setup like that with the whole block unknown caller thing, but a step further would be to organize by incoming account number (the drobbox id or your phones number) or even a step further and be able to do it at the group and contact level.

As for now like I said your best bet is to have them all funnel into your single YouMail account and use folders to organize them.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I just got a refurb pre, and YouView didn't give me the option to set it up.. What the # that I have to dial to activate it??
  14.    #994  
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphy View Post
    I just got a refurb pre, and YouView didn't give me the option to set it up.. What the # that I have to dial to activate it??
    YouMail Sign In
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I'm a long time YouMail user and a YouView user for about 45 days when I got my Pre. My notifications are very sporadic since the v0.5.46 release. Yesterday I got a voicemail during the late morning and got the notification many hours later. This morning I got another voicemail and have yet to receive the notification. When I go to YouMail.com I can see the message is there and I received the message my e-mail - just no notification. Any ideas?
  16.    #996  
    Quote Originally Posted by wayles View Post
    I'm a long time YouMail user and a YouView user for about 45 days when I got my Pre. My notifications are very sporadic since the v0.5.46 release. Yesterday I got a voicemail during the late morning and got the notification many hours later. This morning I got another voicemail and have yet to receive the notification. When I go to YouMail.com I can see the message is there and I received the message my e-mail - just no notification. Any ideas?
    When you say notification, do you mean the YouView notification or the YouMail text/email.

Assuming you are talking about YouView, what version of WebOs are your running? If you are on 1.4.1.1 then that will fix the root cause of the notification issue but will not correct it if you are already affected by it (which it sounds you are). Using the latest version 0.5.46 of YouView, from the app menu select Check for New Messages. It may appear to do nothing (unless you have pending messages), but it is also resetting the notification timer.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I do mean the YouView notification. I am a Verizon user running 1.4.0 since we don't have 1.4.1 yet. I've tried checking for new messages through the App and that hasn't worked either. I got another message at 1:39 and here it is 2:06 and no notification yet (nor the one from 11:48 this morning.
  18.    #998  
    Quote Originally Posted by wayles View Post
    I do mean the YouView notification. I am a Verizon user running 1.4.0 since we don't have 1.4.1 yet. I've tried checking for new messages through the App and that hasn't worked either. I got another message at 1:39 and here it is 2:06 and no notification yet (nor the one from 11:48 this morning.
    Unfortunately until Verizon launches the 1.4.1.1 update you may struggle with this issue. My best suggestion right now is to turn on email or text notifications.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    thx
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Maybe my problem is bigger than the notification issue. When I go into the YouView app I can't see the messages either. They are there when I go to the YouMail website but they aren't in the list of messages in the YouView app.