Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #81  
    New build uploaded (0.1.13). Added refresh option under app menu. Also you can now share vm's via email or text.

Also the ipk is uploaded with same name as zip except .ipk (youview_0_1_13.ipk) for those using the terminal.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Like the new update, but have another idea.

First my issue.

When I tried to play back one of my messages, the screen darkened and turned off stopping the message. There was no way for me to restart my message nor could play any of my other messages. So is it suppose to just stop when the screen saver comes on and is there a way to start playing the message without closing the program again?

When trying to share the VM via text, I get an error. I have tried with my business line and with my GF's phone. She has an HTC Hero. Business line is a Treo Pro. Any others with this issue?

My thought/idea/ramble

Is it possible to navigate within the message? By navigate, I mean like go back like 5 seconds or scroll the message instead of having to play the whole message. This would be useful in the event that someone is leaving you a number and you want to go back to a certain part of the message to write it down.

So, when the scroll bar comes up, is it possible to add a play and pause button? I would love to be able to scroll, but it would not be a deal breaker.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    Like the new update, but have another idea.

First my issue.

When I tried to play back one of my messages, the screen darkened and turned off stopping the message. There was no way for me to restart my message nor could play any of my other messages. So is it suppose to just stop when the screen saver comes on and is there a way to start playing the message without closing the program again?

When trying to share the VM via text, I get an error. I have tried with my business line and with my GF's phone. She has an HTC Hero. Business line is a Treo Pro. Any others with this issue?

My thought/idea/ramble

Is it possible to navigate within the message? By navigate, I mean like go back like 5 seconds or scroll the message instead of having to play the whole message. This would be useful in the event that someone is leaving you a number and you want to go back to a certain part of the message to write it down.

So, when the scroll bar comes up, is it possible to add a play and pause button? I would love to be able to scroll, but it would not be a deal breaker.
    Hmmm didn't think the phone going to "sleep" would effect anything. We can fix that as long as the user is running WebOs 1.3.1 or higher.

The ability to seek during playback is on the list of things to add and should be coming in the next few days hopefully. We can add play/pause buttons any suggestions on where to put them? or would u still want them if you can seek?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Hmmm didn't think the phone going to "sleep" would effect anything. We can fix that as long as the user is running WebOs 1.3.1 or higher.

The ability to seek during playback is on the list of things to add and should be coming in the next few days hopefully. We can add play/pause buttons any suggestions on where to put them? or would u still want them if you can seek?
    I will try to do another test on the "sleep" effect. It only happened once, so it could just be an isolated issue, or me just not knowing what I am doing

As far as the play and pause button, I think the best place would be under the scroll bar when it appears. If it is a long msg, then it is conveint to pause at a point on the message rather than play the entire msg, but it is not a deal breaker. I think having them and the ability to seek would be good, at least for me

Any thoughts on the error I get when texting my VM to another phone? I will do some more test
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    New build uploaded (0.1.13). Added refresh option under app menu. Also you can now share vm's via email or text.

Also the ipk is uploaded with same name as zip except .ipk (youview_0_1_13.ipk) for those using the terminal.
    How do you DL via Terminal? I haven't seen that method for your app yet(might have missed it)
    Sounds great... going to be an App??? Hopefully soon !!

Thank you, but I'm not getting this to work, it's coming out with an invalid http:// address.

Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    How do you DL via Terminal? I haven't seen that method for your app yet(might have missed it)
    It should be

/usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install http://secretstuff/youview_0_1_13.ipk
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}

(Use the download link as you would from the website, but change the *.zip to *.ipk - I cannot include the filename as the whole board would see it).

But it's not working. Hopefully every build will be uploaded as a .ipk (even if it is not shown on the website).
    Last edited by knickrox13; 12/02/2009 at 10:30 PM.
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
  8.    #88  
    Please remove the url from the post above.

Hmmm the ipk is there on the server, wonder why its not working.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Sorry about that before, I fixed the link but kept the instructions up..One thing I notice is that I can't access the *.ipk file directly from my computer browser...maybe the file is misnamed? or hidden from public access for some reason. Is this the same with you?
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Sorry about that before, I fixed the link but kept the instructions up..One thing I notice is that I can't access the *.ipk file directly from my computer browser...maybe the file is misnamed? or hidden from public access for some reason. Is this the same with you?
    FIXED! Had to set the server to recognize .ipk as a MIME type.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I signed up for the beta testing day before yesterday. This morning, I awoke to four shiny new spam messages in the gmail inbox I use for work. Most times, maybe one spam message gets through my spam filter every 7-10 days.

I typically use another email address when I enroll in things online, but I forgot, just this once. YouMail is the only new site I've given my gmail address to within the past month, so you tell me whether it's coincidence, or if they sold my info.

Thanks, YouMail!
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    I signed up for the beta testing day before yesterday. This morning, I awoke to four shiny new spam messages in the gmail inbox I use for work. Most times, maybe one spam message gets through my spam filter every 7-10 days.

I typically use another email address when I enroll in things online, but I forgot, just this once. YouMail is the only new site I've given my gmail address to within the past month, so you tell me whether it's coincidence, or if they sold my info.

Thanks, YouMail!
    yea me to ***
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post

Thanks, YouMail!
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    yea me to ***
    Whoa before this gets out of hand, I will kill this now!

YouMail Privacy Policy

Please note some of the following excerpts:

Your privacy is important to YouMail. YouMail is committed to respecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal data and communications content. This Privacy Statement is designed to assist you in understanding how YouMail uses and safeguards the information you provide.

YouMail collects key information that is necessary to identify you as a unique user, to establish your account, and to allow us to provide our services to you. YouMail does not sell or otherwise market information about you!
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Could Someone Send me a invitacion to google voice so I can use the app ? reypolanco@hotmail.com thanks in advanced
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGMXIII View Post
    Could Someone Send me a invitacion to google voice so I can use the app ? reypolanco@hotmail.com thanks in advanced
    This app doesn't use Google Voice. Sign up for a free YouMail account.

Now if you need a Google Wave invite to participate more in testing. Then we can talk
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Thanks a lot I think i'm talking about a different app wich is in the App Store and it has a similar Name Visual Voicemail.... anyway I didnt know about your app. how do I download your app ?
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGMXIII View Post
    Thanks a lot I think i'm talking about a different app wich is in the App Store and it has a similar Name Visual Voicemail.... anyway I didnt know about your app. how do I download your app ?
    See our developer forum

http://forums.precentral.net/syntactix-llc/
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Im youmail member, and sent you an email from your website. How exactly do i download this? I have limited knowledge with terminal, and i use either preware or quick install. I would love to test this.
    thanks for ur help
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    anyone know how to obtain this file?