Page 47 of 78 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    hey, I'm thinking about getting this:

I have 3 questions that if answered can save me 46 pages of searching.

1. The $3.99 is one time only?
    2. Is there an instructions page?
    3. I read some reviews in App Catalog and saw that you can't listen to VMs through the ear piece (privately). Why is this?

thanks
  2.    #922  
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post
    hey, I'm thinking about getting this:

I have 3 questions that if answered can save me 46 pages of searching.

1. The $3.99 is one time only?
    2. Is there an instructions page?
    3. I read some reviews in App Catalog and saw that you can't listen to VMs through the ear piece (privately). Why is this?

thanks
    3.99 on time fee. (voice to text transcriptions do have an optional monthly fee).

There is an FAQ page under help and you can post questions here or contact support directly.

Yes you can't listen to voicemails via the ear piece. This is a limitation by Palm as they haven't given developers access to play media through the ear piece. You voicemails are treated like a music file essentially.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    3.99 on time fee. (voice to text transcriptions do have an optional monthly fee).

There is an FAQ page under help and you can post questions here or contact support directly.

Yes you can't listen to voicemails via the ear piece. This is a limitation by Palm as they haven't given developers access to play media through the ear piece. You voicemails are treated like a music file essentially.
    Any word on if and when they are going to roll an update to 1.4? I really loved this app before 1.4 broke it. This update really sucks!
    hey thanks.
    I got the app and like what I see so far.

just having a little trouble with the contacts import.

my 400 contacts are stored on my works exhange server.

how do I get them into Youview?
    hey thanks.
    I got the app and like what I see so far.

just having a little trouble with the contacts import.

my 400 contacts are stored on my works exhange server.

how do I get them into Youview?
    Best method I found is to use the "Send all Contacts Via Email" patch, and then use an online converter to convert the .vcf to a .csv file and upload that directly to YouMail.

Arcticus, as soon as developer access to the mic/ear piece, I am all over this app! Thanks for all of the work you've done with YouView!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Best method I found is to use the "Send all Contacts Via Email" patch, and then use an online converter to convert the .vcf to a .csv file and upload that directly to YouMail.
    The "send contacts" patch was a lifesaver for me. It adds the benefit of effectivly backing up all of those contacts you have on the phone but don't have anywhere else and worked great getting everything to youmail (via gmail where i put the contacts initially)
  8.    #928  
    On a flight to Chicago and have in flight wi-fi so figured it would be cool to make a post from the mile high club

No details to report on WebOs 1.4.1 yet, but when we are seeded with a beta release we go under NDA and really can't discuss it. However if you follow us on twitter there are enough alludes to the status
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundGuyAndy View Post
    So, with the previous version on 1.4, I was having the opposite problem from most users. I was still getting dashboard notifications of new messages, even though I had notifications turned off.
    I have exactly the same problem (with both the old version and 0.5.43). I've tried removing YouView and reinstalling it but I can't stop the notifications (or it from eating my battery). If I watch jstop I see Paid.Youview opening every few even when I have notifications disable. Has any one figured out how to stop this? I want to just use text notifications!
  10.    #930  
    Quote Originally Posted by isaiahdw View Post
    I have exactly the same problem (with both the old version and 0.5.43). I've tried removing YouView and reinstalling it but I can't stop the notifications (or it from eating my battery). If I watch jstop I see Paid.Youview opening every few even when I have notifications disable. Has any one figured out how to stop this? I want to just use text notifications!
    Again greetings from a mile high, we are looking into the notifcations off issue, prelim testing shows this to be another WebOs 1.4 issue as we have confirmed we are setting the wake parameter to FALSE which should only cause the alarm to go off when the device is awakened manually or by another app (maybe thats what your seeing, can you confirm?). We may need to make a change to immediately go back to sleep in notifications are off and no stages active.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Again greetings from a mile high, we are looking into the notifcations off issue, prelim testing shows this to be another WebOs 1.4 issue as we have confirmed we are setting the wake parameter to FALSE which should only cause the alarm to go off when the device is awakened manually or by another app (maybe thats what your seeing, can you confirm?). We may need to make a change to immediately go back to sleep in notifications are off and no stages active.
    I've had youview wake up my device with a new message notification, and if I leave jstop running for a few minutes I can see Youview running and than exiting (I'm assuming it's checking for new messages). This happens when my device is already awake. I'm not sure this issue is related to waking up the device. I will keep an eye on it and see if I notice anything.

Thanks for the response, especially while you are a mile high!
    if I delete this app and wait for the bugs to get taken care of, I can download again whenever I want?

there are just too many things acting up. This is my work and personal phone. This app is just taking up too much off my time and becoming an inconvenience.

I love the idea of it, it's just that I need to be able to set things the way I want and have it perform that way.

arcticus:

thanks for your work and I can tell by your pomptness on support and enthusiasm about the app that this will one day bbe pefect.

here were my issues after about 48 hours:

notifications were all ove the place, i'd set it one way, it would do the opposite.

my contacts would not transfer to the program correctly. Once I did have some o them transferred,, they would double up in my other profiles.

speaker phone only.

erased my speed dials.

caller ID would be completly wrong and list off the wall names instead of the person who it really was.

worst of all, I was flat out missing a ton of calls.
    unlike so many of the members here, my pre doesn't give me issues. There is plenty that I still have to learn about webOS but my phonne is good so I don't think that it could be me having "regular phone issues"

you won't hear me on these forums crying about my phone or the fact that I get double letters one in a while. I love webOS and want it to succeed just like this app.

I'll be back.

oh, how do I go back to my normal vm?
    Last edited by detroitwilly; 03/23/2010 at 09:27 PM.
    oh, how do I go back to my normal vm?
    Assuming you're on Sprint, *38. Not sure for VZW or other carriers.
    I'm on Verizon.
  15.    #935  
    I'm on Verizon.
    *73 for Verizon
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

16.    #936  
    notifications were all ove the place, i'd set it one way, it would do the opposite.
    You can thank Palm for that They should have the update out in a few weeks my guess is 3. Give it another shot after the next WebOs update.

my contacts would not transfer to the program correctly. Once I did have some o them transferred,, they would double up in my other profiles.
    Yeah contacts from within the phone is hokey, currently the best solution is to import contacts from the website interface. We are working on this, but to be honest the WebOs 1.4 debacle by Palm side tracked us.

speaker phone only.
    Currently a limitation by Palm, but its on the road map to change just didn't know when.

erased my speed dials.
    This is another Palm quirk where a Synergy account takes over as the main profile for a contact. A work around is to open the contacts app and switch all the contact profiles back to the main one. This is also on Palm's road map but don't know when but I would guess sooner than later.

caller ID would be completly wrong and list off the wall names instead of the person who it really was.
    My guess caused by goofed contacts? Not sure on this one, but you can turn off smart greetings and use a standard greeting. Be interested in exploring this a bit more next time around.

worst of all, I was flat out missing a ton of calls.
    unlike so many of the members here, my pre doesn't give me issues. There is plenty that I still have to learn about webOS but my phonne is good so I don't think that it could be me having "regular phone issues"
    This one is very concerning, and we have had 3 other reports of this and it seems related to the call forwarding setup. Each time we cleared the phones settings and redid the setup steps and it curred it.

if I delete this app and wait for the bugs to get taken care of, I can download again whenever I want?
    Yes the app is yours to keep forever . Palm ties all your purchases to your Palm Profile so you can re-download apps as needed, especially useful if you need to replace a device.

Thank you for the feedback (and being constructive about it) and be sure to give it another shot after the 1.4.1 update from Palm. We are here to help so feel free to shoot us an email or post here on the forum and we will work through any issues you may have.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Thanks.
    I hope you know I'm not ragging on your app.

I think that there is a issue with the Contacts part that is creating all of the other issues,and I think that the reason that I'm having Contacts issues is becasue my stuff is all stored on an Exchange Server, so it involved emailing contacts, putting them in Google.

Blah, Blah, Blah.

See you soon and thanks.
  18.    #938  
    Thanks.
    I hope you know I'm not ragging on your app. I want to use it, it's just at this time there are a few too mnay things that are effecting my pre due to it.

I think that there is a issue with the Contacts part that is creating all of the other issues,and I think that the reason that I'm having Contacts issues is becasue my stuff is all stored on an Exchange Server, so it involved emailing contacts, putting them in Google.

Blah, Blah, Blah.

See you soon and thanks.
    No problem I know your not ragging on the app thus why I took the time to reply
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    i love the app, but getting notifications was sporadic...i removed it, and unforwarded the phone but started getting missing calls...after some research i tried pressing *720 to unforward the phone again (im on sprint) & this seemed to clear things up for me...
  20.    #940  
    Facebook and Twitter integration?

YouMail offers a feature to post voicemails to Facebook and soon Twitter. Is this a feature YouView should support? I guess I just don't see the point all that much of it. Now some have asked for Evernote integration and I definitely see the value added there. Thoughts?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC