Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Arcticus,

I use YouView via the dropbox, and Noticed since DST that all my VM's say they were received an hour later, than in reality. I receive the VM's right away, but the time is just incorrect. I've checked both GV and YouMail and the times appear correctly on there website.

Does the new release fix this bug? (note: my clock app and time on top bar are correct and are not irregular, so I don't think its a 1.4 general bug. Rather I believe it is one related to YouView)
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Noticed that too. It correctly says EDT after the time too, but shows a time an hour later. I'm guessing that the app automatically adjusts the time Youmail gives it, but that adjustment seems to not be necessary? Just a guess.

Also, I noticed that you can delete a message while it's playing, and that seems to confuse the app just a little. The message slides away and deletes, but the playback bar remains there, and the only way I was able to get rid of it was closing and reopening the app.

Finally, I just switched back to Google Voice using the Youmail Dropbox feature. When I left a test voicemail, Youmail sent me an email saying I successfully used Dropbox. I assume that email was a one-time only thing that won't happen every time I get a message through it?
  3.    #903  
    Yeah we get the time from YouMail in Pacific time zone. It appears that they do adjust for Daylight Savings so our adjustment isn't needed. This isn't in the build under review but we have another build to follow so I will correct it in there.

Hmm I would think that would fall under email notifications. Look around the YouMail site to see if there is an additional setting and I will check with them.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Don't expect the text translation for the 3.99 fee. There is an additional charge for text translation. I wish I saw this in the app store description since there is no mention of it here before I spent the 3.99 on an app I won't otherwise use.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Finally, I just switched back to Google Voice using the Youmail Dropbox feature. When I left a test voicemail, Youmail sent me an email saying I successfully used Dropbox. I assume that email was a one-time only thing that won't happen every time I get a message through it?
    If the first e-mail was something like "Congratulations - you have received your first YouMail DropBox message." it will not persists. However, if you received an e-mail like "New VM from 654-654-5555 at XXXXX," then your settings need to modified within YouMail.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Okay, yeah, it's just the "Congratulations" email, thanks.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I just updated youview. Can someone direct me to the site with the change log?
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
  8.    #908  
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    I just updated youview. Can someone direct me to the site with the change log?
    YouView | Change Log | Syntactix LLC
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    keep up the good work... Love the app.

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    ok so I updated the youview app, but still not gettin notifications. Am I supposed to delete the app and reinstall? if so, do I have to pay for it again?
  11.    #911  
    Quote Originally Posted by 3109278787 View Post
    ok so I updated the youview app, but still not gettin notifications. Am I supposed to delete the app and reinstall? if so, do I have to pay for it again?
    The update only reduces the chances of getting into the situation you have now. If you delete and reinstall, you will not be charged. Palm ties all purchases to your Palm Profile so you re-download apps as many times as needed even if you swap devices.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

is it compatible for european pre?
  13.    #913  
    Quote Originally Posted by tony222 View Post
    is it compatible for european pre?
    YouMail currently only works with US phone numbers, the software (YouView) will work on any WebOs phone.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I got a voicemail this morning that still hasn't shown up in the newest version of Youview.

It came in correctly through the dropbox, and I can see it in Youmail's inbox if I go to their site, but it's not showing in the app. This is even if I manually tell it to check for new messages.
  15.    #915  
    I got a voicemail this morning that still hasn't shown up in the newest version of Youview.

It came in correctly through the dropbox, and I can see it in Youmail's inbox if I go to their site, but it's not showing in the app. This is even if I manually tell it to check for new messages.
    Under the app menu choose Edit Login Information then re-enter you login credentials, it should reset the auth token and be good to go.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I just tried that, and it didn't work, so I decided to delete the app and reinstall it and then it downloaded it immediately, thanks.

Though for the record I still notice Massachusetts is spelled wrong in the app, as "Massachusettes".
  17.    #917  
    I just tried that, and it didn't work, so I decided to delete the app and reinstall it and then it downloaded it immediately, thanks.

Though for the record I still notice Massachusetts is spelled wrong in the app, as "Massachusettes".
    That will be fixed in the release given to Palm this weekend that will also correct the daylight savings bug.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I am still running 1.3.5.1 ,,,should I upgrade to the latest youview, or just use the old one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    The update only reduces the chances of getting into the situation you have now. If you delete and reinstall, you will not be charged. Palm ties all purchases to your Palm Profile so you re-download apps as many times as needed even if you swap devices.
    Thanx. Ok, i deleted the app and reinstalled, the new and old msgs show up fine in the web app, but still no notifications and it wont show new ones when i select "check for new msgs" on my pre plus. Any new news?
    So, with the previous version on 1.4, I was having the opposite problem from most users. I was still getting dashboard notifications of new messages, even though I had notifications turned off. I also was experiencing unusually high battery drain, which I can't scientifically link to installing YouView, but it seems pretty well matched to when I first started using it.

Now that the new update is out, I was running it with notifications turned back on, so I can't yet verify the first problem, but did still notice excessive battery drain. I've since deleted YouView and reset, and haven't reinstalled yet, I want to take a day or two to see if YouView is related to the battery drain or not.

In the meantime, any idea why it would still give notifications when those were turned off? Could that relate to causing battery drain?

Thanks,
    Andy