Page 45 of 78 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=MLJones8;2294046]Did you fwd using *28 XXX-XXXX? Which is free, if you used *72 it costs money. Here is sprints press release... they made *28 free back in Nov. of 09'. Sprint | News Release I'd just give customer service a call.

I think thats what happened. I setup call forwarding initially via the app when I first paid for it and i think it went the *72 route and I will call sprint maybe but its only 3 buck worth of charges so I'll just give them the extra 3 bucks for my negligence. Thanks again guys/gals
    I purchased the YouView application for my visual YouMail. Even though I have enabled the "Autodownload voicemail" option ON.. I don't see a notification of new messages unless I open up a youview application.

Is that only me or anyone else having this issue?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Well it seems that all may be good. I have to do more testing tomorrow, but with the help of Ed, Ryan and esp Irish we seem to have things worked out with Vonage.

Irish had me register the land line manually and we used a different access line as well. It took some fiddling but we avoided the call to Vonage!

Once I got to Irish, things were good and she is going to track down why emails never came in... As for the phone calls, there is still not a answer.

More tomorrow!

(thank you Irish!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by jamsys View Post
    Love your software and it works very well! I am really bummed out with YouMail's support (or lack of) I have tried calling and emailing and have never received any followup. I need help in setting up my vonage email to work. I have tried a email FWD from vonage as well as conditional FWD and the dropbox.

I would be willing to pay the premium package, but they dont reply...
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsys View Post
    Well it seems that all may be good. I have to do more testing tomorrow, but with the help of Ed, Ryan and esp Irish we seem to have things worked out with Vonage.

Irish had me register the land line manually and we used a different access line as well. It took some fiddling but we avoided the call to Vonage!

Once I got to Irish, things were good and she is going to track down why emails never came in... As for the phone calls, there is still not a answer.

More tomorrow!

(thank you Irish!!!)
    All is good!!!!
    hi guys.. I paid for and downloaded the app and it worked great for a few weeks. Now the home page says I'm a free account and I cannot play my messages. (Palm Pre)
    Love the app when it's working. I can provide a copy of my receipt email if needed.
    thanks
    bob bush
  6.    #886  
    Quote Originally Posted by bob.bush55 View Post
    hi guys.. I paid for and downloaded the app and it worked great for a few weeks. Now the home page says I'm a free account and I cannot play my messages. (Palm Pre)
    Love the app when it's working. I can provide a copy of my receipt email if needed.
    thanks
    bob bush
    Don't quite understand what you mean, what homepage the YouMail website? A quick solution might be to delete the app and reinstall it.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post
    I purchased the YouView application for my visual YouMail. Even though I have enabled the "Autodownload voicemail" option ON.. I don't see a notification of new messages unless I open up a youview application.

Is that only me or anyone else having this issue?
    me too, happened today. Need to let developer know. For now I enabled text notification.
  8.    #888  
    I am sorry to inform everyone that Palm has broken a key service for background apps in the WebOs 1.4 update. We have received confirmation of this this morning and will be pushing a notification out via our in app bulletin system some time today. This service is what tells the system how long to stay awake for and when it is done so the system can go back to sleep. Instead background apps are running and then immediately shutting down and not allowing all the code to execute. This is why some users are reporting that they do not get notifications as the code that reschedules the alarm to wake up does not get reset. Also in some rare cases it can corrupt the authorization token and can cause some to loose the ability to listen to voicemails (if this happens the easiest thing to do is delete and reinstall for the time being).

We believe we have a quasi fix for the issue and will be turning it over to Palm for review by the weekend (typical turn around is 3-4 business days by Palm).

We are very disappointed on how Palm has handled this issue to date, their "recommended" fix is to put a dashboard icon up every time the app runs, however we feel this would make people very grumpy really fast. We will continue to fight the good fight for our users and provide support the best we can. It is unfortunate these things happen and even more frustrating that they are out of our control. We will keep you posted on when we submit our fix to Palm and when it is available.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Does that update fix the issue with youview running in the background even when you have notifications disabled? I disabled Youview notifications to save battery life, but if I open jstop I still see 'paid.youview' running every five minutes. I've tried rebooting my phone and this is still happening. Hopefully the new update will fix this as well.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Hopefully Syntactix is already looking into mojo messaging?

Too soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Hopefully Syntactix is already looking into mojo messaging?

Too soon?
    Considering it doesn't actually really exist yet, yeah it's a little too soon.

The Mojo Messaging service is currently in beta and is not yet available for production deployments. Developers with apps nearing readiness should contact Palm developer support to inquire about deploying as part of the beta program.
    http://developer.palm.com/index.php?...rticle&id=1671
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Well, I'd say they qualify.
    I FORGOT MY PIN CODE#!!!!!!
    HOW CAN I RESET/OR GET IT??
    CAN YOU EMAIL IT OR NEW ONE TO ME??

themagnumdrummer@hotmail.com
  14.    #894  
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    We believe we have a quasi fix for the issue and will be turning it over to Palm for review by the weekend (typical turn around is 3-4 business days by Palm).
    Any updates as to when we might see this "quasi" fix... ( nice name for the fix )

As before if u need a beta tester for any updates/patch feel free to PM me.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  16.    #896  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    Any updates as to when we might see this "quasi" fix... ( nice name for the fix )

As before if u need a beta tester for any updates/patch feel free to PM me.
    We will be pushing our "quasi" fix tonight to Palm. Not much time for beta testing because we want to get it out as soon as possible.

Some technical background on what the issues and what we did are.

There are two major issues affecting background apps right now.

Issue #1

The startActivity and endActivity no longer work unless a card is present. What these services do is this. When an app wakes up it has about 5-15 seconds to do what it needs to do before the OS terminates it in it tracks. These services allowed an app to extend that time for up to 15 minutes. So an app would wake up call startActivity with a preset amount of time it wanted and then when the app was finished activityEnd would be called to say it was done or if that preset time expired the phone would go back to sleep.

So how was YouView affected by this, well a couple of things. First the last thing we do before calling activity end was set the next wakeup alarm. Since the OS was cutting us off that would never get reset and so people would stop getting notifications. Secondly since the OS just stops the app cold turkey, it sometimes lead to corruption in the databases and would create faulty authorization tokens for example or .

What we did about it. First thing we did was move the scheduling of the next wake up as the very fist thing we do when the app wakes up. This will ensure that if for some reason the OS terminates us prematurely we will still wake up the next time. Secondly we tried to optimize the code that does the checking. We extended the time to live for an authtoken to 24 hours so we will only need to go get one after 20 hours of use. This will minimize an extra step in the process. We also removed any unneeded debug lines etcetera.
    This will hopefully minimize the odds of things not getting to completion. As we stated this is only a quasi fix because it minimizes the chance of things happening not fixing it (Palm has confirmed they will fix this in the very near future).

Issue #2:

The second issue is that the luna service alarms use in the first place to wake the device just crashes. Therefore background apps just don't wake up. A symptom of this is the alarm becomes very laggy and don't fire on time of course this is not something a YouView user would know except hes not getting notified of new voicemails agian.

Unfortunately on this one there is nothing we can do except wait for Palm to fix it (again it will be in the near future). We will get beat up by some reviewers but in the end thats just part of playing the game.

Overall the release will help the majority of users out there, but there will still be a few that get affected and have issues. If you have issues let us know so we can make sure they really are related to this and not something else we are over looking.

I will keep everyone posted.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

is anyone else's vouwiew messing up on them?
    no, that's why a new fix is coming out
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I still love this app... I linked my sprint and vonage vmail to youmail... Now just downloaded the free blackberry client and it all works!
    voice mail aint the same with out this app