Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #861  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    - After syncing my contacts I noticed that a orange + symbol + R (phone restart) would freeze at the twirling circle symbol. Not to big of a deal because if I pulled the battery the phone would start normally.

Anyhow, I hadn't changed anything on my phone besides installing YouView and doing the contact sync. So I decided I would delete the YouView app and try restarting the phone before doctoring my phone. To my relief that fixed the freezing problem. I then re-installed YouView and all is well and no more freezing (so I am attributing the freeze to the contact sync).

--- I know your not supporting this functionality at this point, but I figured I'd give my feedback from testing it out.
    If your up to it see if it is repeatable. Seeing as apps run in a browser sandbox instance of webkit, I don't immediately see why it would hose the Linux shutdown process. Now maybe you have allot of contacts and the Synergy service is being waited on to finish???
    Last edited by Arcticus; 03/05/2010 at 11:22 AM.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    I've got the google voice integration set up with Youmail. The only thing I have noticed in testing, is it seems like I have to turn off Call presentation. Has anyone else noticed this? If it is on, I get a voicemail in my youmail box, but it's the Google Voice lady saying "Press 1 to answer. Press 2 to send to voicemail... "

EDIT: Actually it's odd...

Sometimes I get a missed call in Youmail but no voicemail attached, regardless of "Call presentation setting". I later get an e-mail that says "The following message from Google Voice was not processed by your YouMail DropBox. This is most likely due to a non-recognized audio format or being an attachment like a fax."

Sometimes when call presentation is on, I get two voicemails - one with the google voice lady's instructions, and another with the actual voicemail. I think this might be happening when I send the call to voicemail manually with the power switch or the red on-screen button, rather than waiting for the phone to just stop ringing.
    Last edited by bsiegel; 03/05/2010 at 12:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    - After syncing my contacts I noticed that a orange + symbol + R (phone restart) would freeze at the twirling circle symbol. Not to big of a deal because if I pulled the battery the phone would start normally.

Anyhow, I hadn't changed anything on my phone besides installing YouView and doing the contact sync. So I decided I would delete the YouView app and try restarting the phone before doctoring my phone. To my relief that fixed the freezing problem. I then re-installed YouView and all is well and no more freezing (so I am attributing the freeze to the contact sync).

--- I know your not supporting this functionality at this point, but I figured I'd give my feedback from testing it out.

I had that issue myself, but I don't think it was caused by any particular app. If anything, maybe the sftp-server or something like that that I installed via Preware, do you have anything like that installed?

The reason I ask, and the reason that I don't think it was this app that is the cause, is that it was always intermittent for me. It'd freeze up probably 1 out of 5 reboots. If it's similarly intermittent for you, it might make it seem like another app is the cause.

I never synced contacts with this app, so it couldn't have been that.
    Got my YouMail account and app setup. I could not be happier with the voicemail control. Complete control over who hears what. Great job.

Now, what I would like to see that would make this app perfect:

The ability (in the background) to suppress the ringer on certain call groups or individuals. While I can let "unwanted callers" here a message that says my phone has been disconnected (using one of the ditch recordings), I would love it if my phone didn't ring for those people in the first place. Basically ringer blocking at the Pre app level.

Is that possible Articus?
    k, here's the deal. deleted the app from my pre, but forgot to deactivate my youview account. still getting the texts and emails concerning missed calls. Does anyone know what website i need to go to and what i need to do to stop the account?
    I stopped using this because I heard rumor that Sprint charges fowarding fees for each voicemail. Does anyone that has been using this through a bill cycle know if this is true or just a rumor? I didn't want a big bill to hit me...
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkdsmith70 View Post
    I stopped using this because I heard rumor that Sprint charges fowarding fees for each voicemail. Does anyone that has been using this through a bill cycle know if this is true or just a rumor? I didn't want a big bill to hit me...
    it's free that's just a rumor
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by kirkdsmith70 View Post
    They stopped doing that a few months ago.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Unable to get Google Voice messages to play on the phone. They will play the web YouMail interface, but don't seem to transfer over to the phone.

One thing I noticed is that 2 messages show up in the web interface for each GoogleVoice call. One does not have a message and the second one does. When i went back again later (I had tried 2 test calls) one of the calls had consolidated to just one message in the inbox, with message attached. The other call still showed 2.

It's working fine for non GV calls.
    Is there a way to see the number of unread visual voicemails without launching the application? Once I mark a voicemail unread, I want to see that I have unread voicemails without opening the application. A number badge on the app icon would be great.
    Arcticus,

FYI, I had to re-install all of my wife's patches, apps after 1.4 was automatically updated to her Pre.

I installed the update for Youview, but again it did not work. After installing the update the Pre still showed versin .31 and not the current .42.

I had to delte Youmail and reinstall the app all over again to get the correct version and have it work properly.

Confused????
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Since update to WebOS 1.4 the YouView app no longer works correctly on my Pre. Sometimes the app doesn't seem to fully open, leaving everything grayed out. Most times it opens, but I can't play messages. Call-back and other functions seem to work, but no voice mail audio. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Scott
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Love your software and it works very well! I am really bummed out with YouMail's support (or lack of) I have tried calling and emailing and have never received any followup. I need help in setting up my vonage email to work. I have tried a email FWD from vonage as well as conditional FWD and the dropbox.

I would be willing to pay the premium package, but they dont reply...
    I'm a recent buyer and so far love this app, but I have 2 minor issues that I'm hoping someone can either point me to a fix or info if there is going to be an update to fix these issues.

When check messages, I have my volume turned all of the way up, but my messages are still pretty faint...mainly because I can't hold my phone directly to my ear because at least my installation doesn't seem to work with the proximity detector. Is this typical or is it something with my Pre?

My other issue is along the same lines...no matter what the deal is with the proximity detector, how about the ability to check messages over the speaker phone instead of holding it to my ear?

Like I said, please let me know if I'm doing something wrong and these are supposed to be working, but these would be nice features to have if they aren't there.
  15.    #876  
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdini View Post
    I'm a recent buyer and so far love this app, but I have 2 minor issues that I'm hoping someone can either point me to a fix or info if there is going to be an update to fix these issues.

When check messages, I have my volume turned all of the way up, but my messages are still pretty faint...mainly because I can't hold my phone directly to my ear because at least my installation doesn't seem to work with the proximity detector. Is this typical or is it something with my Pre?

My other issue is along the same lines...no matter what the deal is with the proximity detector, how about the ability to check messages over the speaker phone instead of holding it to my ear?

Like I said, please let me know if I'm doing something wrong and these are supposed to be working, but these would be nice features to have if they aren't there.
    Messages are treated like your music so you need to crank your music volume not the system volume. Also currently all messages are played out the speaker and we are begging Palm for ear-piece access as well.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

16.    #877  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsys View Post
    Love your software and it works very well! I am really bummed out with YouMail's support (or lack of) I have tried calling and emailing and have never received any followup. I need help in setting up my vonage email to work. I have tried a email FWD from vonage as well as conditional FWD and the dropbox.

I would be willing to pay the premium package, but they dont reply...
    Shoot me a PM with your email I will do my best to help you out or get you in contact with someone who can.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

17.    #878  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakegrp View Post
    Since update to WebOS 1.4 the YouView app no longer works correctly on my Pre. Sometimes the app doesn't seem to fully open, leaving everything grayed out. Most times it opens, but I can't play messages. Call-back and other functions seem to work, but no voice mail audio. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Scott
    Make sure you have the latest version from the catalog as there were allot of incompatibilities with WebOs 1.4

You can always delete and do a fresh install as we have found even if you had the fixed version before the upgrade, not everything worked for some until they installed the lasted rev with 1.4 already installed.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I recieved Call Forwarding Charges on my most recent biil and want to know how this came to be? The only situations I have call forwarding applications is for my googlevoice number, and my youview youmail account. I was under the impression sprint no longer charges for call forwarding? and how do I go about getting this set up correctly to not receive any call forwarding charges? I have a sprint palm pre if that means anything?

and if anyone has a googlevoice number and knows how to set it up to avoid those fees as well if possible it's be a great help! Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    I recieved Call Forwarding Charges on my most recent biil and want to know how this came to be? The only situations I have call forwarding applications is for my googlevoice number, and my youview youmail account. I was under the impression sprint no longer charges for call forwarding? and how do I go about getting this set up correctly to not receive any call forwarding charges? I have a sprint palm pre if that means anything?

and if anyone has a googlevoice number and knows how to set it up to avoid those fees as well if possible it's be a great help! Thanks in advance.
    Did you fwd using *28 XXX-XXXX? Which is free, if you used *72 it costs money. Here is sprints press release... they made *28 free back in Nov. of 09'. Sprint | News Release I'd just give customer service a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    If your up to it see if it is repeatable. Seeing as apps run in a browser sandbox instance of webkit, I don't immediately see why it would hose the Linux shutdown process. Now maybe you have allot of contacts and the Synergy service is being waited on to finish???
    Good news, it didn't cause the restart problem this time around... I'll let you know if the situation changes.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here