Page 43 of 78 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Does this app support Google Voice? can I get Visual VM for my Google Voice account?
  2.    #842  
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    Does this app support Google Voice? can I get Visual VM for my Google Voice account?
    http://forums.precentral.net/syntact...tructions.html
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    You need the latest release 0.5.41 that is compatible with WebOs 1.4
    I actually updated the software before the 1.4 release... and it worked fine until I actually did the update to 1.4... then it crapped out.. I am currently running .5.41 on my phone.. Any suggestions. Thank you.
  4.    #844  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbess77 View Post
    I actually updated the software before the 1.4 release... and it worked fine until I actually did the update to 1.4... then it crapped out.. I am currently running .5.41 on my phone.. Any suggestions. Thank you.
    Delete and reinstall, it seems a group of users who installed the updated app and then got the WebOs update had something foobarred. The easiest solution found to fix it was to delete the app and reinstall it.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Just did it.. works great.. Thanks so much!!!! Great App!
    You are the only one! You sure it wasn't really coming out the back speaker except only at a really low volume so it seemed like it was coming out the front? I know that sounds silly but I don't have another explanation.
    No i am positive it was from the ear piece in the past, i had thought that my self also so i put the speaker volume on low to see if it was the same as if it was coming from the ear piece, and i could tell that it was coming from the back speaker. all well no biggie i still really love this app and one thing that i did miss from my instinct. great job.
    Okay...a little confused here. I paid for and downloaded the YouView app...and followed the instructions and had my phone dial *289095106169....however on the YouMail website it guides me to dial *287142043114 . So, I don't know which one or both, to dial to have conditional call forwarding setup correctly. Anybody know?
  8.    #848  
    Quote Originally Posted by CAGALUN View Post
    Okay...a little confused here. I paid for and downloaded the YouView app...and followed the instructions and had my phone dial *289095106169....however on the YouMail website it guides me to dial *287142043114 . So, I don't know which one or both, to dial to have conditional call forwarding setup correctly. Anybody know?
    Either one will work. They are just different access numbers. I personally use the 714 number.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

So, YouView app on the Pre will work along with Google Voice. Because when it dialed that *28 number, I wonder if it redirected it from Google Voice. Just want to be clear.
  10.    #850  
    So, YouView app on the Pre will work along with Google Voice. Because when it dialed that *28 number, I wonder if it redirected it from Google Voice. Just want to be clear.
    OK if you don't want to use YouView for your Cell phone voicemail, dial *38 and it will reset it back and Google Voice will pick up. I need to figure out a way to say if you want GV voicemail for your phone skip phone setup step. Guess I could just say that LOL
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

If you want to use the YouView App with a Google Voice account then forward your cell phone to your Google Voice number...

Then setup GoogleVoice to fwd your voicemail e-mails to you your YouMail E-mail account. Then the YouView app will pull down your voicemails (forwarded to YouMail, from Google Voice) to your phone.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    OK if you don't want to use YouView for your Cell phone voicemail, dial *38 and it will reset it back and Google Voice will pick up. I need to figure out a way to say if you want GV voicemail for your phone skip phone setup step. Guess I could just say that LOL

I'd have the app ask the user what service they want to use... then have a separate scene for both (with instructions of course).
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    I tried to set up my account at YouMail and the access number does not work. I get an error message saying "The number you have called is incorrect." This is the number I tried to call: *004*9492652922*11#. I tried the the 714 number as well but no luck. What should I do? (The YouMail account still shows my number as an AT&T number. Could that be the problem?)
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeoleleforpre View Post
    I tried to set up my account at YouMail and the access number does not work. I get an error message saying "The number you have called is incorrect." This is the number I tried to call: *004*9492652922*11#. I tried the the 714 number as well but no luck. What should I do? (The YouMail account still shows my number as an AT&T number. Could that be the problem?)
    Try logging on to YouMail and adding a your phone as a new phone and then deleting the AT&T version.
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Where do I find my YouMail email account??? You mean the one that I have given YouMail. (that one is my gmail email account), or do you mean one that is suppossed to end in youmail.com or something.
    Hey Articus....finally purchased. Does flagging a voice mail do anything other than turn red? Could it also prevent deletion?
  17.    #857  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerlsturgiss View Post
    Hey Articus....finally purchased. Does flagging a voice mail do anything other than turn red? Could it also prevent deletion?
    Right now it is just a visual marker.... However thats a pretty good idea.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

18.    #858  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeoleleforpre View Post
    Yes, which provider are you on and I will give you the right instructions.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Right now it is just a visual marker.... However thats a pretty good idea.
    How about

green = received & unread

red = read & VM saved to a file

swipe & confirm to delete entry from YouView,(but not the file)

Too much? (after writing it down,I'm starting to think so, myself)
    - After syncing my contacts I noticed that a orange + symbol + R (phone restart) would freeze at the twirling circle symbol. Not to big of a deal because if I pulled the battery the phone would start normally.

Anyhow, I hadn't changed anything on my phone besides installing YouView and doing the contact sync. So I decided I would delete the YouView app and try restarting the phone before doctoring my phone. To my relief that fixed the freezing problem. I then re-installed YouView and all is well and no more freezing (so I am attributing the freeze to the contact sync).

--- I know your not supporting this functionality at this point, but I figured I'd give my feedback from testing it out.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride: