Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #821  
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post

    The latest release (0.5.41) offers this. You can turn it on in the preferences menu and voicemails will download to the phone at the time they are received. No need to play them first.
    Cool, you might want to update your YouView FAQ, under the " Can I download a message," it reads... "...download a message the first time you play it."

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post

    1. This is a Palm issue, where if an app creates a contact it automatically becomes the primary profile. This means its data will trump the others. This is highly undesirable in our case since our contact data is very limited in scope when compared to the others. This will also cause custom ringers for that contact to be overwritten etc.

    2. YouMail does not like contacts that share the same phone number and has strict formating on the data with little error feedback. Also they have a server error for the update contact function (we are the first to use it).

    3. Even if your app creates a contact and then Synergy links it to other contacts, you still only get access to the data your app created and not the global space for that contact (i.e. picture, other phone numbers, etc).

    4. Images need to be base64 encoded to upload to YouMail. The current algorithm causes a stall error (WebOs thinks the app is deadlocked) on large images like those from the camera.

    5. Concurrency issues between the phone and server. We have to establish still how to handle if a contact is modified by the contacts app and on the server.

    Those are just some of the top issues. Palm engineering is looking at Synergy and how it should behave and what improvements they should make, but like all things Palm there is no timeline or roadmap.
    Wow, sounds like you have your hands full. Has anyone been able to use YouView's app sync and have the images and phone numbers transfer to youmail without problem? I appreciate the explanation but I suppose I wasn't clear, I was more concered with what problems does the end user face by attempting to use the sync function in the YouView app.

    -- Would a user without any identical phone numbers for different contacts and relatively small sized photos. Be able to use this function w/o many problems? Sounds like individual ringers would revert to default, and the contacts default handler would revert to YouViews (which can easily be changed). Thus, not a large sacrifice (for some users) in chance of having the images sync to YouView.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  2. chichi's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #822  
    Ok I just paid for this app and am having bigger problems then i did with the beta. 1.) I am trying to disable my youmail voicemail and dialed the *38 as indicated and recieved the beeps to confirm but its still on there. The problem is now my phone is NOT ringing at ALL this is a huge problem and I almost want to say forget it! How do i get back to my sprint voicemail and allow my phone to ring!
  3. chichi's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #823  
    Also the contacts synergy used to work perfectly fine before with the beta and now it rather is a bad thing. this functionality should be improved when paying for an app rather then beta testing. not only am i missing calls but its not serving its purpose at all for me.
  4. chichi's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #824  
    I had to remove "unconditional call forwarding" by dialing *720 then send from the phone dailer on my pre, this seems to have fixed the issue.

    Still a tad dissapointed in the synergy option. I will tinker with this a bit more and repost.
  5.    #825  
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    Ok I just paid for this app and am having bigger problems then i did with the beta. 1.) I am trying to disable my youmail voicemail and dialed the *38 as indicated and recieved the beeps to confirm but its still on there. The problem is now my phone is NOT ringing at ALL this is a huge problem and I almost want to say forget it! How do i get back to my sprint voicemail and allow my phone to ring!
    *720 is to remove full call forwarding (thus why your phone stopped ringing). Sounds like your phone was setup incorrectly. You want to us the *28 option on Sprint. You can find instructions on how to do so here.

    We clearly state contacts synergy does not work for everyone. We even put up a huge warning saying hey this might not work for you and silly things can happen as a result are you sure you want to do this? We have not changed any code in the "synergy" aspect of the app since beta. Also there is little need currently to sync contacts from YouMail down to YouView as the features that utilize that are not active.
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  6.    #826  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Cool, you might want to update your YouView FAQ, under the " Can I download a message," it reads... "...download a message the first time you play it."



    Wow, sounds like you have your hands full. Has anyone been able to use YouView's app sync and have the images and phone numbers transfer to youmail without problem? I appreciate the explanation but I suppose I wasn't clear, I was more concered with what problems does the end user face by attempting to use the sync function in the YouView app.

    -- Would a user without any identical phone numbers for different contacts and relatively small sized photos. Be able to use this function w/o many problems? Sounds like individual ringers would revert to default, and the contacts default handler would revert to YouViews (which can easily be changed). Thus, not a large sacrifice (for some users) in chance of having the images sync to YouView.
    To answer the first part, yes. When creating a new contact or adding someone from your phone book it will do what you expect most of the time.

    The trouble that can happen with contact syncing is the initial sync. If there is bad data or something, then it stalls and it will resume on the next launch, however you can end up with some duplicate contacts.

    If you add a contact and it doesn't load into YouMail, there is no adverse except that you go ***? why didn't that work darn POS app LOL.


    Your second part sure it is reasonable. Your best bet is turn it on play with it and see how it works. If goofy things start happening, turn it off in the preferences and if that doesn't fix it just delete the app and re-install it. (yeah I know that sounds a bit hackish lame but we can't spend to much time supporting something we know and disclose doesn't work).
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  7. Change's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #827  
    Why has the limited version released via preware no longer work? Are you forcing everyone to purchase the new app?
  8. #828  
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    To answer the first part, yes. When creating a new contact or adding someone from your phone book it will do what you expect most of the time.

    The trouble that can happen with contact syncing is the initial sync. If there is bad data or something, then it stalls and it will resume on the next launch, however you can end up with some duplicate contacts.

    If you add a contact and it doesn't load into YouMail, there is no adverse except that you go ***? why didn't that work darn POS app LOL.


    Your second part sure it is reasonable. Your best bet is turn it on play with it and see how it works. If goofy things start happening, turn it off in the preferences and if that doesn't fix it just delete the app and re-install it. (yeah I know that sounds a bit hackish lame but we can't spend to much time supporting something we know and disclose doesn't work).
    Well, I gave it a shot... here is my feedback:

    - As your well aware during the 'sync' phase it hung up many times. After flicking the app of the screen and re-opening it, the sync would resume. After repeating this procedure many times all my contacts appeared to be 'synced.'

    --I was then able to click contacts and see a list of contacts. However to my disappointment not a single image transfered over. Yet, I was surprised to not find a single duplicate contact in either the YouView app or the regular Contacts app.

    --At this point I then tried to add a contact and even edit an existing contact, in hopes the image would sync and it would not.

    --Perhaps you are well aware of all of these facts, but I figured I'd at least share my experience just in case your not.



    ---Anyway, please advise when this capability is working or when a new build needs to be tested (for contact photo sync, and I'll give it another shot). Thanks again, take care.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  9. #829  
    I just bought the app and tried to set it up with my google voice account. I'm having trouble with the directions. U say log in and add the address to my account, but add it how? Also, I have unconditional forwarding of vms going to my google voice account. That won't bother anything will it?
    "The Pre is nice..."
  10. #830  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdiddyfan View Post
    I just bought the app and tried to set it up with my google voice account. I'm having trouble with the directions. U say log in and add the address to my account, but add it how? Also, I have unconditional forwarding of vms going to my google voice account. That won't bother anything will it?
    Login to GV > In the top right corner click 'Settings' > Click the Voicemail & SMS tab > click 'Add a new email address.'

    Send the verification e-mail then check your spam folder (thats where mine went)
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  11. #831  
    I got it to work. Yeah, mine went to spam too. I have unconditional forwarding with sprint to my gv voicemail. I got my youmail set to not send me texts or emails since google already does this. This app is sick.... A good way to keep ex's from knowing your real number. Well, gv is a good way anyhow...
    "The Pre is nice..."
  12. #832  
    Hey Arcticus, can you please explain a small problem I'm having, I tried the beta version for a few months already and loved it. id also noticed in the past that their was complaints about not being able to take it out of speaker and just use it as the private speaker in your ear and that was a palm problem. on the beta version i was able to listen to it in my ear and never once it played from the speaker phone. after 1.4 i needed to upgrade to the paid version due to beta was up. just downloaded the new build yesterday,and now when i get voice mails it plays from the loud speaker now which is weird for me cause it never used to do that. am i the only one that was able to listen to voice mails on private for months already. also if it helps to know that id never deleted any old builds when a new one was available and the new one always seamed to replace it with no problem even though you had always recommended to always delete the old one first. the only time i had deleted the old build was yesterday when i finally had to pay for it so i wanted a fresh install.
  13. #833  
    the app worked fine with webos 1.35, as soon as i updated to 1.4 i can't get any messages. I know that i have messages, they are on the youmail site, but they are not showing up in youview at all. help please??
  14. #834  
    Quote Originally Posted by ejackso2 View Post
    the app worked fine with webos 1.35, as soon as i updated to 1.4 i can't get any messages. I know that i have messages, they are on the youmail site, but they are not showing up in youview at all. help please??
    I am having the same problem.. Love the software.. but since the update.. it us not updating voice mails to my phone nor are old messages readable from my phone. any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  15.    #835  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbess77 View Post
    I am having the same problem.. Love the software.. but since the update.. it us not updating voice mails to my phone nor are old messages readable from my phone. any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    You need the latest release 0.5.41 that is compatible with WebOs 1.4
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  16.    #836  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Hey Arcticus, can you please explain a small problem I'm having, I tried the beta version for a few months already and loved it. id also noticed in the past that their was complaints about not being able to take it out of speaker and just use it as the private speaker in your ear and that was a palm problem. on the beta version i was able to listen to it in my ear and never once it played from the speaker phone. after 1.4 i needed to upgrade to the paid version due to beta was up. just downloaded the new build yesterday,and now when i get voice mails it plays from the loud speaker now which is weird for me cause it never used to do that. am i the only one that was able to listen to voice mails on private for months already. also if it helps to know that id never deleted any old builds when a new one was available and the new one always seamed to replace it with no problem even though you had always recommended to always delete the old one first. the only time i had deleted the old build was yesterday when i finally had to pay for it so i wanted a fresh install.
    You are the only one! You sure it wasn't really coming out the back speaker except only at a really low volume so it seemed like it was coming out the front? I know that sounds silly but I don't have another explanation.
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  17. #837  
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    You need the latest release 0.5.41 that is compatible with WebOs 1.4
    I have 0.5.41, got it before the 1.4 update
  18.    #838  
    Quote Originally Posted by ejackso2 View Post
    I have 0.5.41, got it before the 1.4 update
    Ok then most likely you are in a small group of users who seem to have this issue after the upgrade. The quickest and easiest method to correct it is to delete the app and reinstall it.
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  19. #839  
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Ok then most likely you are in a small group of users who seem to have this issue after the upgrade. The quickest and easiest method to correct it is to delete the app and reinstall it.
    don't mean to be a nuisance but will that mean i have to pay for it again?
  20.    #840  
    Quote Originally Posted by ejackso2 View Post
    don't mean to be a nuisance but will that mean i have to pay for it again?
    NO NO.

    Palm ties all purchases to your Palm Profile that way you can redownload apps to as much as you need or if you have to replace a device. Once you buy it is yours.
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions