Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    According to Palm battery impact is negligible as the API method doesn't turn on the display or fully launch the whole application.
    So it acts like IMAP or EAS behind the scenes cool.....so far so good.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    I feel like I'm missing the boat here - why is this so much better than the existing voicemail.

It's kinda cool to be able to view and listen to VMs on the YouMail site, but what are the big advantages of being able to do so?

I could see the transcribed VMs being a nice feature, but not worth the $17.99/mo for me.

And the repetitive notifications seem, well, repetitive - I get one from my phone, plus a text, then an email, then the YouMail pop up - all for one call (I know I can turn off the text or emails, but the YouMail notification is always behind the phone's notification. I read the posts and know this is a Sprint limitation, but don't like it...)

Maybe some of you guys/gals can get me jazzed about this.

If it helps, I was anti-Firefox for a long time until someone showed me the power of plug ins, Greasemonkey, etc.

I want to really like this, but am either dense or can't see the forest for the trees!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Im a pixi user and I have the following issue that may be associated to icon sizing...

The icons under the user image are all shifted far to the right leaving the "Mark as read, add to contacts" icon off the screen...

Also, the email and sms icons do not open when i tap them.

Folder icon still has #'s next to it

I am running tonights 1.11 update.

Thanks for the app!!
  4.    #64  
    New build available (0.1.12). Please delete and reinstall otherwise things won't work right . Remember to refresh your browser so it doesn't cache the page.

Added transcription support.
    We can decode folder id's now, only implemented support for system folders so far.
    Should see some other fixes as a result of the folder id now being decoded.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Well I just got it installed and Im loving the text when I get a voicemail but the application itself is yet to pull up the voicemail I left on my phone 20 min ago. Does this app play nice with roaming?
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by dnezat View Post
    Well I just got it installed and Im loving the text when I get a voicemail but the application itself is yet to pull up the voicemail I left on my phone 20 min ago. Does this app play nice with roaming?
    App does need a data connection to do notifications, depending on where you are roaming, you data connection will vary.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

...but the application itself is yet to pull up the voicemail I left on my phone 20 min ago
    Same issue here. Sometimes I get VM notifications and some times I don't. Does not seem to matter if the program is open or not. Then I will close the program and open it again and bam, new VM, that I left 30 minutes ago. Data connection here at home is WiFi and strong, no issues web browsing or getting other notifications.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Roger that. Does is app feed of off wifi as well?
  9.    #69  
    Roger that. Does is app feed of off wifi as well?
    Yes
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Same issue here. Sometimes I get VM notifications and some times I don't. Does not seem to matter if the program is open or not. Then I will close the program and open it again and bam, new VM, that I left 30 minutes ago. Data connection here at home is WiFi and strong, no issues web browsing or getting other notifications.
    I restarted the phone and it showed up once I launched the app. Im not quite sure whats up with that. But I'm liking everything so far.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    would it be safe to disable email and txt notifications? I get 3 notifications per missed call/msg. I understand the risk but I've had good luck with my experience. everything, as far as receiving notification from youview and listening to the msg has worked flawlessly.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post
    would it be safe to disable email and txt notifications? I get 3 notifications per missed call/msg. I understand the risk but I've had good luck with my experience. everything, as far as receiving notification from youview and listening to the msg has worked flawlessly.
    Go for it! Just remember we make no guarantees
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodleydog View Post
    I feel like I'm missing the boat here - why is this so much better than the existing voicemail.

It's kinda cool to be able to view and listen to VMs on the YouMail site, but what are the big advantages of being able to do so?

I could see the transcribed VMs being a nice feature, but not worth the $17.99/mo for me.

And the repetitive notifications seem, well, repetitive - I get one from my phone, plus a text, then an email, then the YouMail pop up - all for one call (I know I can turn off the text or emails, but the YouMail notification is always behind the phone's notification. I read the posts and know this is a Sprint limitation, but don't like it...)

Maybe some of you guys/gals can get me jazzed about this.

If it helps, I was anti-Firefox for a long time until someone showed me the power of plug ins, Greasemonkey, etc.

I want to really like this, but am either dense or can't see the forest for the trees!
    Well, VM Just allows you to see who left a message, when they left it and how long the message is without having to dial a number and listen to the prompts.

Sure Sprint's voicemail functions like it should, but some people tire of having to listen to that lady time and time again repeat information about the caller, date and time of the voicemail. With visual voicemail, you can just see all of that information.

Having this app allows you to easily see it and navigate through your messages on your phone without having to goto youmail's website.

I hope this helps a bit

Sho-Tyme
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    @ Arcticus

Is there a way for the end user to edit the update frequency while the app is open? If it is not open, 5 min should be fine, especially since in real world, we probably won't be watching our phone for the VM to come across, but if we have it open, then we could set the interval to say 2 minutes. Or maybe a refresh button to check for new messages if you think the drain on the battery will be too severe.

Just a thought
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    @ Arcticus

Is there a way for the end user to edit the update frequency while the app is open? If it is not open, 5 min should be fine, especially since in real world, we probably won't be watching our phone for the VM to come across, but if we have it open, then we could set the interval to say 2 minutes. Or maybe a refresh button to check for new messages if you think the drain on the battery will be too severe.

Just a thought
    Interesting thought, a refresh button sure no prob, I will do some experiments and see what happens regarding checking more often if the app is open and see what effect it has on battery. If things look good then I will turn it over to you guys to validate .
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    A refresh button would be an excellent addition to this app.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    +1 on refresh. Especially since most of the time I'm screening calls for importance. lol..
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Interesting thought, a refresh button sure no prob, I will do some experiments and see what happens regarding checking more often if the app is open and see what effect it has on battery. If things look good then I will turn it over to you guys to validate .
    Really great support!!! Bought your pack app and will keep supporting you with all of your hard work and ability to keep the user in the loop, keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    @ Arcticus

Just a thought
    Great idea!!!!
    How can I get the beta sign up? I am currently a YouMail member and dying to get an app for Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    back to first page...

http://forums.precentral.net/syntactix-llc/216028-youview-visual-voicemail-beta-program-signup.html#post2051302
Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast