Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I know it's intentional,. I understand why they did it, but in doing so took control from the user.

If it's too loud, I'll turn down the volume. As it stands now, the output requires the volume to be at max. to hear through the speaker when it is placed next to the ear. This should happen at a low volume setting, allowing the user to turn it up when you need/want to.
  2.    #762  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It's intentional. The volume is kept low over the speaker so that you have privacy when you're listening to your VM, as a workaround for no earpiece access at this point.
    Hehehe I wouldn't call it a work around more like marketing spin

YouMail replaces many smaller carrier voicemail systems completely and other phones such as the iPhone and Android allow ear piece access. So the reality is its the recorded at a volume intended for ear piece listening.

Now that said, let see how can I say this.

Currently WebOs does not use standard HTML 5 audio. With each WebOs update Palm works harder and harder to comply with HTML 5. So as WebOs comply's better with HTML 5 and the audio drivers improve we will have more control over things such as volume etc.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    The app has been submitted to Palm and is under review. We fixed the bugs in the greetings section, so the core should be solid now.

Can't comment to much on 1.4 due to NDA but we are hoping the rumors of improved contacts synergy api changes is true.

Our immediate focus will be on contacts, even with no improvements from Palm we feel we can still make great improvements in this area.
    Here's my biggest concern here with this. As soon as I install this app it always tells me I have software to update. When I uninstall it it goes away. Is this fixed in the paid version? The app seems neat ( I haven't gotten a lot of voicemails so I haven't had to really use it much yet) but this is my biggest issue with the beta.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    The paid version of YouView 0.5.41), is in the app cat.

Is there a way to update the beta version, that will preserve contacts, or will the YouView profile and contact list be deleted again
  5.    #765  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    The paid version of YouView 0.5.41), is in the app cat.

Is there a way to update the beta version, that will preserve contacts, or will the YouView profile and contact list be deleted again
    YouView Profile and Contact List will be deleted on final time. The good news is now that it is a production build, the database will always be migrated so once you go through the syncing pains we won't make you do it again.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

6.    #766  
    Ok everyone, YouView is HERE!

We need your support so please grab a copy and write a glowing review!
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

YES!

Any news on that free transcription services you mentioned before
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    YES!

Any news on that free transcription services you mentioned before
    do tell......???
    Currently the beta is scheduled to end on Feb. 26th (an extension can be made if need be), and yes one time fee.
    Then why did mine stop working? It tells me to get the newer version from the app catalog then closes itself.
  10.    #770  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFishGuy View Post
    Then why did mine stop working? It tells me to get the newer version from the app catalog then closes itself.
    You are probably on an older version that was set to expire on the 15th.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

You are probably on an older version that was set to expire on the 15th.
    That would have been nice to know before it happened. So I have to pay to retrieve my voice mails that didn't download yet. Version 0.4.10

If your interested, a couple issues I had were the time stamp being way off, and if YouView isn't started after a restart of the phone, it doesnt download new messages. A customer had called me while I didnt have a signal and left a VMail. I didnt know it was there for a couple days, when I decided to click on YV there it was.

Honestly, when it worked correctly I loved it. So YouView may take my paid app virginity. You guys or Asphalt5, lol.
    Last edited by TheFishGuy; 02/17/2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: added youview version number.
  12.    #772  
    That would have been nice to know before it happened. So I have to pay to retrieve my voice mails that didn't download yet. Version 0.4.10

If your interested, a couple issues I had were the time stamp being way off, and if YouView isn't started after a restart of the phone, it doesnt download new messages. A customer had called me while I didnt have a signal and left a VMail. I didnt know it was there for a couple days, when I decided to click on YV there it was.

Honestly, when it worked correctly I loved it. So YouView may take my paid app virginity. You guys or Asphalt5, lol.
    Remember there is always Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail to retrieve you messages in the mean time and you can turn on text or email just a as a backup till the fix gets pushed to the catalog.

The restart after power is a webos bug however we have worked with Palm and have a fix that will be pushed to the catalog in the next day.

Glad to hear the app is that good
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Why is the iPhone YouMail app free? It does the same thing as the YouView app except the interface looks a lot better.
  14.    #774  
    Why is the iPhone YouMail app free? It does the same thing as the YouView app except the interface looks a lot better.
    The iPhone version was developed by YouMail. They had no interest in developing for WebOs so Syntactix picked up the ball and ran with it.

jhoff80 (he has no affiliation to us he just asked the same question during beta) did a good job explaining it here
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I thought it had something to do with that since ours isn't called YouMail. Thanks for answering my questions.
    Ok everyone, YouView is HERE!

We need your support so please grab a copy and write a glowing review!
    Okay, that text your phone has never worked for me (you're not the first app I've tried that with). I went to the app Catalog and purchased, but I never received the text.
    Articus,

I have to say that I am really disappointed in the way in which the youmail app release was handled. I only found out that my application no longer worked when a friend told me he left a detailed and important VM message which never got to my phone. I tried and same reult, so I opened the Youmail app to find out that the beta was removed.

Absolutely ridiculous. Why wasn't the system programmed to give you a VM message and then inform you that you had to download the new version after retrieving VM messages. That's customer service.

Furthermore, I am surprised that we are now being charged for the program which continues to have a number of unresolved issues and is not really a finished program. It's not the price, it's the principle. This on top of the fact the Fusion VM offered to develop a free VM program for Palm and its users as I had on my Droid. You offer the same services, but they continue to give the basic program for free and would have done so for the Palm app catalog.

Why Palm turned them down is a mystery to me.
  18.    #778  
    Quote Originally Posted by garyk19 View Post
    Articus,

I have to say that I am really disappointed in the way in which the youmail app release was handled. I only found out that my application no longer worked when a friend told me he left a detailed and important VM message which never got to my phone. I tried and same reult, so I opened the Youmail app to find out that the beta was removed.

Absolutely ridiculous. Why wasn't the system programmed to give you a VM message and then inform you that you had to download the new version after retrieving VM messages. That's customer service.

Furthermore, I am surprised that we are now being charged for the program which continues to have a number of unresolved issues and is not really a finished program. It's not the price, it's the principle. This on top of the fact the Fusion VM offered to develop a free VM program for Palm and its users as I had on my Droid. You offer the same services, but they continue to give the basic program for free and would have done so for the Palm app catalog.

Why Palm turned them down is a mystery to me.
    1. It was clearly stated that this was a beta, also the beta is set to expire on the 26th so you must be on a old version that was set to expire on the 15th.

2. Syntactix is seperate company from YouMail. See HERE for a great explanation.

3. We told you do not rely on the beta for your voicemails. You have text and email options to ensure you are properly notified.

4. You are free to decide for yourself whether to purchase the app or not. We believe we offer a high quality reliable app that is very useful and has plenty of room to grow.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

quick question... if i purchase the $4 app does it come with voice-to-text-transcriptions? or just the 7 day trial w/ the later purchase of a monthly plan?
  20.    #780  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdigital777 View Post
    quick question... if i purchase the $4 app does it come with voice-to-text-transcriptions? or just the 7 day trial w/ the later purchase of a monthly plan?
    just the 7 day trial w/ the later purchase of a monthly plan.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC