Page 38 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #741  
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    So I installed this app and didn't like it so I removed it but now no one can leave me a voicemail. It keeps prompting them to enter their phone number. How do I fix this?
    To fix the issue you can turn off the requirement for unknown or blocked numbers to enter their number via the web interface.

To unforward voicemail on Sprint dial *38 and *73 on Verizon.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    To fix the issue you can turn off the requirement for unknown or blocked numbers to enter their number via the web interface.

To unforward voicemail on Sprint dial *38 and *73 on Verizon.
    The thing is I tried logging into my account on youmail.com but it says my account doesn't exist. All I want is for my voicemail to go back to the standard Sprint voicemail. I don't want this app at all.
    then do the *38. how long have you tried using this app? just curious.
    Does anyone smart greeting say their name? mine say the youmail number is not available or whatever. doesn't say my name, does say callers name though.
    Thanks I got it.
    Just FYI: I was unable to install this via either preware or app-catalog, but I was able to install via WebOSQuickInstaller.
    So far I love visual voicemail (this is my first experience with VV) and will leave constructive feedback in this thread if I have any.
  7.    #747  
    Officially announcing that YouView will cost $3.99 from the app catalog.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Officially announcing that YouView will cost $3.99 from the app catalog.
    So will the current version become obsolete or will there be a free version and a paid for advance version?
    Also, is that $4 a one time forever fee or a monthly fee?
  9.    #749  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    So will the current version become obsolete or will there be a free version and a paid for advance version?
    Also, is that $4 a one time forever fee or a monthly fee?
    Currently the beta is scheduled to end on Feb. 26th (an extension can be made if need be), and yes one time fee.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Sweet. Totally worth it.
    What new/improved features can we expect by the time it's officially a Palm app?
    Is 1.4 a big deciding factor on whether or not the audio quality will be improved (speaker) and or be able to play through the ear piece?
  11.    #751  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Sweet. Totally worth it.
    What new/improved features can we expect by the time it's officially a Palm app?
    Is 1.4 a big deciding factor on whether or not the audio quality will be improved (speaker) and or be able to play through the ear piece?
    The app has been submitted to Palm and is under review. We fixed the bugs in the greetings section, so the core should be solid now.

Can't comment to much on 1.4 due to NDA but we are hoping the rumors of improved contacts synergy api changes is true.

Our immediate focus will be on contacts, even with no improvements from Palm we feel we can still make great improvements in this area.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Arcticus - I paid the $19.99 1yr subscription to youmail, now are you saying I need to pay the $3.99 (which I have no problem)?

Also, I have tried to contact the number on the website, and can NEVER get anyone to return my call or answer....is this normal and what is the relationship b/w you and them?

I love the app, and appreciate all your work, but just curious of not getting a call back from youmail.
  13.    #753  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Arcticus - I paid the $19.99 1yr subscription to youmail, now are you saying I need to pay the $3.99 (which I have no problem)?

Also, I have tried to contact the number on the website, and can NEVER get anyone to return my call or answer....is this normal and what is the relationship b/w you and them?

I love the app, and appreciate all your work, but just curious of not getting a call back from youmail.
    Try emailing support AT youmail or marketing AT youmail. Also if you PM me your question I can try to answer it and if not forward it personally to youmail.

YouMail is going through a huge upgrade from both a hardware and software point of view. Not that it excuses anything, but its possible the phone system changed and the website is not updated to reflect the proper support number. Again send me a PM and I will do my best to help you out.

Syntactix does not take any revenue from transcription purchases.

Our relationship with them is a friendly one. Meaning we don't share revenue from each other but we both benefit from helping each other succeed.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    It has been awhile since I have been here to give and receive input on my usage. Lets call it a crazy year.

Liking the app a lot and will purchase it from the app catalog when available.

Here are my two major issues.

1. Sound.

I know that this is a palm issue, but most consumers are going to be frustrated not being able to hear their voice messages through their email piece. In addition to that, the volume is quite low. It has to be silient for me to hear my messages. This is with the volume turned up. I can only hear my messages when I have my bluetooth on. Otherwise, I just have to call the number.

2. Notificatons

I have had mixed issues with the notifications. At one point, I believe build 4.x, I would receive notifications from YouView even after a reboot, without starting up the app. Now, if I don't start the app after a reboot, it will not notify me. I currently have the txt notifications on because of this.

Is there a way that the VMs can be pushed as in push notifications? The only way I can think of pushing the emails is through a server service, which could get expensive and if it went down, could cause irate customers.

Options

Is there a way to do background downloading without opening the app? Probably not possible, but thought I would try. When I am at work, I may have anywhere from 1-6 messages and I have to stream each message before listening to it. The streaming is nice, but when I am in a hurray and want to quickly listen to my messages, I just have to call. I rather use the app for this, but wasn't sure it an background downloading option was possible.

Thanks for the opportunity to test out your app Arcticus. Its been nice working with you

Sho - out

Sho-Tyme
  15.    #755  
    1. Sound.

I know that this is a palm issue, but most consumers are going to be frustrated not being able to hear their voice messages through their email piece. In addition to that, the volume is quite low. It has to be silient for me to hear my messages. This is with the volume turned up. I can only hear my messages when I have my bluetooth on. Otherwise, I just have to call the number.
    We agree. We have reason to believe 1.4 will help with the volume part, however we will need to continue pressure on Palm to give us ear piece access. This is where having a successful app and out cry from users will help.

2. Notificatons

I have had mixed issues with the notifications. At one point, I believe build 4.x, I would receive notifications from YouView even after a reboot, without starting up the app. Now, if I don't start the app after a reboot, it will not notify me. I currently have the txt notifications on because of this.
    Last night we ran some tests and believe we found part of the issue. It has to do with the way https certificates are stored. Basically after a reboot the certificate is no longer valid on the device. Launching the app will usually force a re-auth of the certificate although we have found instances where that doesn't always work. Sometimes it works no prob because the certificate really is expired so we go and re-auth. This explains the randomness and since that part of the code hasn't changed really since the early 0.1.x days, there shouldn't be any difference between versions it was all just random chance. We have coded a work around and will release an update to the paid catalog version as soon as we have a chance (can't change an app while its under review).

Is there a way to do background downloading without opening the app?
    We are working on this and it should be available soon. The whole phone going to sleep while downloading has a few challenges as well as what to do with failed downloads.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gvndeb60 View Post
    Ok, first hold the orange button and tap the YouView icon. This should let you delete the app. Then restart/reset your phone. After that download it from Preware, not Palm Beta. I had the same issues with downloading it from Palm Beta. In Preware you can go into preferences and turn off the Beta feed. Remember to restart after deleting.
    Thanks for your help. I've tried deleting from the launcher and restarting, but that doesn't seem to work. I downloaded it from filecoaster and now it's working just fine. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I have enjoyed using this app and will certainly buy it when it hits the catalog.

How do I bug Palm to help get access to the earpiece? This is my only issue with the program.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I would like the option of listening to my voice mails either through the earpiece, (which is a Palm issue), or listening to them via speaker.
    ...as of now we only have access to the speaker, but the volume is too low.

How do other apps, (Pandora, RadioTime, the Pre Music App, etc), get so much more volume out of the speaker, but YouView cannot?

Isn't there a way to boost the output to the speaker, while we wait for access to the earpiece from Palm?
    Arcticus expects through a 'rumor' that 1.4 will bring this functionality.
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    I would like the option of listening to my voice mails either through the earpiece, (which is a Palm issue), or listening to them via speaker.
    ...as of now we only have access to the speaker, but the volume is too low.

How do other apps, (Pandora, RadioTime, the Pre Music App, etc), get so much more volume out of the speaker, but YouView cannot?
    It's intentional. The volume is kept low over the speaker so that you have privacy when you're listening to your VM, as a workaround for no earpiece access at this point.